EddieK

Guess we'll be seeing Jalen Ramsey this weekend

160 posts in this topic

Just now, falcons007 said:

Lol. PFF grades? I don’t care about their grades. I look at raw stats not some nerds opinion. He gave up ton of yardage and also TDs. 

Dude the NFL references PFF's rating system lol. Either way, not a fan of PFF grades? What about his peers? Ranked him the #2 CB on the NFL Top 100 as well. 

Just now, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Dude the NFL references PFF's rating system lol. Either way, not a fan of PFF grades? What about his peers? Ranked him the #2 CB on the NFL Top 100 as well. 

NFL doesn’t reference PFF, media may be. It’s beaten to death about PFF methodology. Raw numbers don’t lie. How many catches, yards, TD, INT. 

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I think that remains to be seen. Goff has been trash this year and so has his ol. 

Yeah the OL/Gurley seem to be the main problem. The secondary was a very close second though. Even more so once Talib went on IR

9 minutes ago, caponine said:

yall really smoking if yall dont think Jalen Ramsey is a shut down corner. Why we gotta be so salty ??

He's a really good corner but I wouldn't say the he's a shutdown corner.

I don't think he's reached the status of how Revis was during a good span of seasons yet.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

NFL doesn’t reference PFF, media may be. It’s beaten to death about PFF methodology. Raw numbers don’t lie. How many catches, yards, TD, INT. 

Yes they do. I don't know how many catches, yards, TD, INT he gave up, but feel free to cite some info instead of repetitively saying he allows this and that

12 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I hope JJ shows him how it’s done in NFC.

he hasnt yet, why would he start this week ??

2 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Yes they do. I don't know how many catches, yards, TD, INT he gave up, but feel free to cite some info instead of repetitively saying he allows this and that

You can search Ramsey threads from couple months ago. The shut down corner myth was beaten to death with stats. I don’t care about Rams or Ramsey. I will be happy if they gut their franchise. Lol.

8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

He's a really good corner but I wouldn't say the he's a shutdown corner.

I don't think he's reached the status of how Revis was during a good span of seasons yet.

he is getting there, he’s at his best when he is cocky and arrogant and talks. He stopped doing that 

16 minutes ago, caponine said:

yall really smoking if yall dont think Jalen Ramsey is a shut down corner. Why we gotta be so salty ??

His #s last year were almost identical to Trufant's, but people want Tru gone for a bag of peanuts. 

falcons007 likes this

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

he is getting there, he’s at his best when he is cocky and arrogant and talks. He stopped doing that 

Rams trading all their 1st round picks could still come back to haunt them.

By the time 2022 rolls around, the Rams wouldn't have had a 1st round pick in almost a 5 year span. Goff was their last 1st round pick.

falcons007 likes this

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You can search Ramsey threads from couple months ago. The shut down corner myth was beaten to death with stats. I don’t care about Rams or Ramsey. I will be happy if they gut their franchise. Lol.

Not very helpful and he's as close as it gets to a shutdown corner. Once thing is for sure, we'll get an up close look come Sunday (assuming he plays)

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN

8 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

His #s last year were almost identical to Trufant's, but people want Tru gone for a bag of peanuts. 

What are his stats? Maybe 1 peanut in exchange for Tru.

36 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He was above average last year. Folks are still stuck in his 2017 season. He has high ceiling though and Rams front 7 is comparable to the Jax front 7.

Rams front 7 is questionable. They have a Donald obviously, but that’s basically it on the D-Line. Fowler is average at best and idk what Brockers has been doing couple of years. They needed LB help badly and that’s why they traded for one, although I do like Ebukam. Their front 7 overall isn’t very good, just boosted by the fact that Donald is such a monster. 

3 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Not very helpful and he's as close as it gets to a shutdown corner. Once thing is for sure, we'll get an up close look come Sunday (assuming he plays)

Corners aren't worth those 2 1st given up for the Rams.

By the time 2022 roles around, Goff would still be the last 1st rounder the Rams selected until that year's draft.

1 minute ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

What are his stats? Maybe 1 peanut in exchange for Tru.

Ramsey 2018: 78 receptions allowed on 128 targets(60.9%) on 455 coverage snaps, 13 PDs,  3 INTs, 946 yards allowed and 3 TDs, 78.5 Passer Rating allowed

Trufant: 83 receptions allowed on 130 targets(63.8%) on 511 coverage snaps, 12 PDs, 0 INTs, 813 yards allowed 5 TDs, 91 Passer Rating allowed

I’ll preface this with the fact that I’m not sure how exact these statistics truly are, because some of the numbers were very slightly off from what’s posted on sites like nfl.com, but I’d assume if they’re off, it’s not by much. But as you can see, if they are fairly accurate, the disparity in both CBs performances are not very different at all. The only major difference is the fact that Ramsey was able to pick off some passes while Tru wasn’t, which helped Ramsey lower his opposing passer rating as compared to Tru. 

3 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Corners aren't worth those 2 1st given up for the Rams.

By the time 2022 roles around, Goff would still be the last 1st rounder the Rams selected until that year's draft.

You could say the same thing about WR's...oh wait.

Talented corners are becoming harder and harder to find in a pass-happy league. They're invaluable. If you have a chance to get one of the best, you do it. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Ramsey 2018: 78 receptions allowed on 128 targets(60.9%) on 455 coverage snaps, 13 PDs,  3 INTs, 946 yards allowed and 3 TDs, 78.5 Passer Rating allowed

Trufant: 83 receptions allowed on 130 targets(63.8%) on 511 coverage snaps, 12 PDs, 0 INTs, 813 yards allowed 5 TDs, 91 Passer Rating allowed

I’ll preface this with the fact that I’m not sure how exact these statistics truly are, because some of the numbers were very slightly off from what’s posted on sites like nfl.com, but I’d assume if they’re off, it’s not by much. But as you can see, if they are fairly accurate, the disparity in both CBs performances are not very different at all. The only major difference is the fact that Ramsey was able to pick off some passes while Tru wasn’t, which helped Ramsey lower his opposing passer rating as compared to Tru. 

PFF had different raw stats but it wasn’t Any close to shut down corner.  Folks read some random pff grade and hear Cowherd or skip hype up players. 

PFF had different raw stats but it wasn’t Any close to shut down corner.  Folks read some random pff grade and hear Cowherd or skip hype up players. 

Yeah I was thinking the stats may have been a bit off, but not completely skewed. Like you said, he’s not a shut down corner. That breed doesn’t exist anymore. Gilmore is the closest to it right now and I wouldn’t even say he’s a shut down corner. The last true shut down corner was Sherman during the LOB days. 

falcons007 likes this

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah I was thinking the stats may have been a bit off, but not completely skewed. Like you said, he’s not a shut down corner. That breed doesn’t exist anymore. Gilmore is the closest to it right now and I wouldn’t even say he’s a shut down corner. The last true shut down corner was Sherman during the LOB days. 

Yep. And we all know when AFC Shut down CB moved to NFC, they weren’t dominant.

Atlantafan21 likes this

Yep. And we all know when AFC Shut down CB moved to NFC, they weren’t dominant.

Hey man, I liked Nnamadi :(. But yeah he sucked for the eagles lol. 

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

You could say the same thing about WR's...oh wait.

Talented corners are becoming harder and harder to find in a pass-happy league. They're invaluable. If you have a chance to get one of the best, you do it. 

The Falcon weren't going almost 5 years without a 1st round selection when they traded to draft Julio. They only didn't have a 1st rounder for 2012.

Rams are going 2 straight drafts without a 1st round pick after already not having a 1st round pick since 2017.

falcons007 likes this