EddieK

Guess we'll be seeing Jalen Ramsey this weekend

160 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, The Architect said:

We don't know what Lindstrom is or isn't at this point. Takk I can agree with.

The thing is that we wouldn't be giving up those two, we'd be giving up the future (and potentially a top 5 or 10 pick in 2020). Ramsey isn't worth that on top of having to pay him (especially with all of the heavy contracts we just gave out and being in the cap hole in 2020).

Yeah, I was more just making the point that giving up two first round picks for a guy who has proven himself as a freak of nature that is a top 5 CB is actually pretty understandable and not a bad idea.  A lot of the posters were acting like the price was too steep.  

You're right that the price gets a lot worse if you're talking about top 5 picks.  But even those don't pan out into Jalen Ramseys most of the time.

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So people dislike him because he good?

Yeah I don't think that's the case. 

Because they don't think he's worth his contract and has no ball skills. Through our first like three games he was targeted like twice. 

5 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Peters was a disaster at CB and was disposable. One could argue he's single-handedly cost them a few games this year. Now you replace him with an all-pro in Ramsey.

They're 1 year removed from a Super Bowl appearance and are showing they're willing to do whatever it takes to improve their team. Adding Ramsey to their roster does just that.

Our organization on the other hand shows too much loyalty to players who haven't earned it and are afraid to make deals. 

Too much for a CB. If he was Khalil Mack or a guy who can disrupt the passer. I would do in a heart beat. The QB can go some where else. Its not like Ramsey was shut down Corner last year.

did you watch the jags chiefs game, he gave up two TDs. I would say one first round and other rounds.

Ovie_Lover, Vandy and Falconsfan567 like this

Just now, falcons007 said:

Too much for a CB. If he was Khalil Mack or a guy who can disrupt the passer. I would do in a heart beat. The QB can go some where else. Its not like Ramsey was shut downer Corner last year. 

He really wasn’t. 

Atlantafan21 and falcons007 like this

8 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Peters was a disaster at CB and was disposable. One could argue he's single-handedly cost them a few games this year. Now you replace him with an all-pro in Ramsey.

They're 1 year removed from a Super Bowl appearance and are showing they're willing to do whatever it takes to improve their team. Adding Ramsey to their roster does just that.

Our organization on the other hand shows too much loyalty to players who haven't earned it and are afraid to make deals. 

Ramsey would do us absolutely zero good. Not even he can cover for seven seconds every snap. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Too much for a CB. If he was Khalil Mack or a guy who can disrupt the passer. I would do in a heart beat. The QB can go some where else. Its not like Ramsey was shut down Corner last year.

It actually pains me to think we had a chance to land Mack. I remember saying we should've given up whatever it took to get him and others thought it was dumb. Look how that turned out.

He may not be a shutdown corner, but he's as close as it gets and he's only 24.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Yep neither was this year. Chiefs had a field day with him. Desperate move by Rams.

They’re 3-3 and lost to the Niners and Seahawks. They’re in trouble.

falcons007 and Atlantafan21 like this

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Ramsey would do us absolutely zero good. Not even he can cover for seven seconds every snap. 

I agree, he'd be a waste for us. Great pickup for the Rams

1 minute ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

It actually pains me to think we had a chance to land Mack. I remember saying we should've given up whatever it took to get him and others thought it was dumb. Look how that turned out.

He may not be a shutdown corner, but he's as close as it gets and he's only 24.

He was above average last year. Folks are still stuck in his 2017 season. He has high ceiling though and Rams front 7 is comparable to the Jax front 7.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

They’re 3-3 and lost to the Niners and Seahawks. They’re in trouble.

Yep. And they lost two CB for the season. 

Jesus likes this

1 minute ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

I think that remains to be seen. Goff has been trash this year and so has his ol. 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I think that remains to be seen. Goff has been trash this year and so has his ol. 

Goff is exactly getting what the dr ordered. Playing the Falcons defense.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

He was above average last year. Folks are still stuck in his 2017 season. He has high ceiling though and Rams front 7 is comparable to the Jax front 7.

Also don’t forget the jump from Jacksonville to LA. Let’s see how he handles the new nightlife.

falcons007 likes this

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He was rated the #2 CB by PFF last season behind only Stephon Gilmore. 

Plus, as you said the Rams front seven will also help 

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN
falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Is a WR worth two firsts, a second and two fourths?

Just now, Jesus said:

You do such a great job of staying on topic.

Yes. WR has bigger impact on his unit than a CB. It’s the position. 

Jesus likes this

Just now, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Lol. PFF grades? I don’t care about their grades. I look at raw stats not some nerds opinion. He gave up ton of yardage and also TDs. 

4 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

I agree with...

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I think the Rams are in some deep ish, especially on the offensive side.  Gurley hurting, OL is a dumpster fire, Goff looks like he is regressing and seems the league is catching up to McVay.  I saw someone tweeted they will not have had a 1st round pick for 5 years with all the trades they are making.  Give it up to them, they are going all in but I don't see the gold at the end of the rainbow for this roster.

Peteshweddy likes this

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Also don’t forget the jump from Jacksonville to LA. Let’s see how he handles the new nightlife.

I don’t think it would be a problem. He is a very good corner, just not worth the hype. He will have good front 7 and may make some plays. Just don’t think he is worth 2 first rounders.

3 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Plus, as you said the Rams front seven will also help 

Jax also have great front 7. They are comparable in sacks and pressures. 

Ovie_Lover likes this