EddieK

Guess we'll be seeing Jalen Ramsey this weekend

160 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Still would be good for the Falcons to get rid of him.

Agree totally. 4th rd pick would be nice but who is going to take that cap hit?

Just now, Vandy said:

Not with that contract of his. 

You must have not heard what Philly and KC were rumored to give up.

1 minute ago, HEIST said:

Eh that's what we said about the Saints and their salary cap management for years too. ***** hard to predict, I do know that the Rams have a really strong roster right now though. 

I don’t remember them trading away all their first and second round picks though. Rams o-line is god awful rn. Their run game is having major troubles and that’s killing their offense. Rams defense isn’t that good. I can’t see them continuing their success after trading away all their picks. 

Just now, Pacific_Falcon said:

Agree totally. 4th rd pick would be nice but who is going to take that cap hit?

A team that thinks they're a good corner away from a Super Bowl. 

Just now, stizz said:

You must have not heard what Philly and KC were rumored to give up.

For Trufant? Tell me. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

For Trufant? Tell me. 

The sticking point for both teams was the second first rounder. Neither had issues sending multiple picks for a great corner who is already saying he will break the bank. They absolutely would entertain a lesser price for a good corner at a lesser salary.

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I don’t remember them trading away all their first and second round picks though. Rams o-line is god awful rn. Their run game is having major troubles and that’s killing their offense. Rams defense isn’t that good. I can’t see them continuing their success after trading away all their picks. 

I bet they’ll look great this weekend 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I bet they’ll look great this weekend 

Doesn’t say much against our defense lol. Rams fans will be super happy for a week until hitting reality the next week when their o-line is trash again. 

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

This is a move that will get GM Les Snead fired over if they don't win it all now because they have mortgaged their future big time over the past season or two.

Atlantafan21 and falcons007 like this

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

The sticking point for both teams was the second first rounder. Neither had issues sending multiple picks for a great corner who is already saying he will break the bank. They absolutely would entertain a lesser price for a good corner at a lesser salary.

But Tru's not good and still expensive though.

No one wants that contract.

Vandy likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

If we can get a 4th or 5th for Trufant we should take it and run.

Like I said earlier, nobody’s gonna take on that contract. 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

Just now, Malachore said:

But Tru's not good and still expensive though.

No one wants that contract.

Show the stats the he isn't good. Just because he isn't liked here doesn't make him not serviceable to others.

Why are so many complaining about what the Rams gave up? What did they really give up? First round picks are never a sure thing. Ramsey on the other hand is an all-pro and arguably the best CB in the league. They got better.

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN

15 minutes ago, stizz said:

A team that thinks they're a good corner away from a Super Bowl. 

Well if they want a good corner, they wouldn't be looking at TruChump to begin with. Just my .02. IMO he is not even on the same solar system as 'good'.

7 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Why are so many complaining about what the Rams give up? What did they really give up? First round picks are never a sure thing. Ramsey on the other hand is an all-pro and arguably the best CB in the league. They got better.

In a rookie cap era, they not only gave up two cheaper first round rookies but will have to pay Ramsey loads of money. 
As much as Julio was worth every draft pick, the 2011,2012 drafts had impact on 2013 and 2014 roster especially to replace aging vets. Rams are in win now mode.

i would give this to a premier pass rusher who can disrupt the QB.

26 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Holy piss, TWO 1st rounders and a record setting contract for a guy with 1 great year.

Rookie year and 2nd year 

9 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Why are so many complaining about what the Rams give up? What did they really give up? First round picks are never a sure thing. Ramsey on the other hand is an all-pro and arguably the best CB in the league. They got better.

Ramsey will soon become the highest paid corner in the league. Not sure if they can afford him long term. Rams have been giving away high picks for the past few seasons which means they have to win now because they will eventually have holes that will be more difficult to fill without those picks.

Rams already need an o-line to protect their newly paid QB and open lanes for their high priced RB.

falcons007 likes this

19 minutes ago, stizz said:

Show the stats the he isn't good. Just because he isn't liked here doesn't make him not serviceable to others.

So people dislike him because he good?

Yeah I don't think that's the case. 

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

In a rookie cap era, they not only gave up two cheaper first round rookies but will have to pay Ramsey loads of money. 

as much as Julio was worth every draft pick, the 2011,2012 drafts had impact on 2013 and 2014 roster especially to replace aging vets. Rams are in win now mode.

Peters was a disaster at CB and was disposable. One could argue he's single-handedly cost them a few games this year. Now you replace him with an all-pro in Ramsey.

They're 1 year removed from a Super Bowl appearance and are showing they're willing to do whatever it takes to improve their team. Adding Ramsey to their roster does just that.

Our organization on the other hand shows too much loyalty to players who haven't earned it and are afraid to make deals. 

Talk to me about contracts when the NFL salary cap stops reaching record numbers every year.

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN