Did Dan Quinn destroy his NFL cred

36 minutes ago, k-train said:

He'll become a college coach.

I can actually see him being an excellent college coach, should that be the direction he chooses.

College kids would eat up his motivational speeches and slogans and he is a great motivator with his words and could see him being an excellent recruiter...I just don't think it translates to professional athletes and grown men long term.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I can actually see him being an excellent college coach, should that be the direction he chooses.

College kids would eat up his motivational speeches and slogans and he is a great motivator with his words and could see him being an excellent receivers...I just don't think it translates to professional athletes long term.

That's a very good point. Also, there's a new wave of players coming in, every year, not limited to seven draft picks or worrying about contract negotiations.

That makes a big difference between coaching in college and coaching in the pros.

32 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

im mean theres no way he gets hired, as a DC, in the NFL after he gets fired...     to be the so called " defensive minded coach" only to have, what might be , a historically bad defense, can't get him any looks around the league can it???

He did with me a long time ago. 

9 minutes ago, octoslash said:

That's a very good point. Also, there's a new wave of players coming in, every year, not limited to seven draft picks or worrying about contract negotiations.

That makes a big difference between coaching in college and coaching in the pros.

I meant recruiter, not receiver, but you got the point hah.

But yeah, I can honestly see him being a great college coach.

8 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If he stays in the NFL I’m seeing DL coach as the most likely scenario.

I have a hard time seeing that with the way the current defensive line is playing outside of Grady and maybe Davison and Bailey.

Saban will probably give him a shot since so many Coordinator leave Bama for other gigs.

43 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

im mean theres no way he gets hired, as a DC, in the NFL after he gets fired...     to be the so called " defensive minded coach" only to have, what might be , a historically bad defense, can't get him any looks around the league can it???

Whatcha talking 'bout?

I'm so looking forward to watching him coach the Dolphins' D next year.:D

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I’m not a Rex Ryan fan. At all. 

But even in the end of his time in NY, Ryan wasn’t near this bad. 

He was top 5 majority years, and top 12 dvoa until his final season in NY.

The 2 seasons in Buffalo were rough, but it was Buffalo so...

I cannot stand Rex, but Dan doesn't hold a candle to Rex.