Cole World

Chuck Smith on Falcons lack of pass rush

83 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Vic just doesn't care. All the talent in the world and he doesn't ******* care.

I seriously hope next year he doesn't care ~ far, far away from here. I've had my fill of Vic Bustley. I hope he gets canned from his next team inside of one season and ends up out of football. He doesn't deserve to even be in the game with his give a shlt attitude.

Can’t say I didn’t try to warn y’all

No use of hands, constantly washed out of running plays, no effort, no voracity in his rushes, very basic pass rush repertoire, no urgency...

And yes I wanted Randy Gregory.  His off field issues derailed his on field talent.  I always said if that could be reeled in then he had the makings of a darn good pass rusher, much more than what Beasley showed coming out.  Not to mention Beasley had far superior talent around him as well.

Beasley was a workout warrior.  He was rated a fringe mid 1st rounder until his combine where he undoubtedly tore it up, but to me the film never matched his results from Indy.

vitaman likes this

4 hours ago, athell said:

I still have no clue why we care what Chuck Smith has to say about pass rushing...

This.

Chuck Smith needs to get off the fence and come and put his name on a teams pass rush.

athell likes this

Brandon Adams (the guy next to Chuck) is my cousin’s husband. I’ve known him my whole life as he and my cousin (who is 15 years older than me) dated for 8 years before getting married. Awesome guy.

slick0ne likes this

10 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Vic just doesn't care. All the talent in the world and he doesn't ******* care.

He obviously is ok with the player that he is and doesn’t feel he needs to be better. 

Hold up hold up hold up...……….I could have sworn up and down the Vic stans said Vic was actually working with Quinn during that time. SMH the free lies...…………….:lol::lol:

Vic is and always has been a 1 year fluke. Not to say he won't go somewhere like Pittsburgh where other guys are going to do the hard work and all he has to do is clean up but as a Falcon he was and is a complete fluke. 

athell likes this

We don’t have anyone who can pass rush. That’s not just my opinion. We are built to create pressures and turnovers, but the secondary isn’t made for that. Oliver and Trufant aren’t known for INTs and Allen was a ballhawk in college, but at single high safety it may be different. 

vitaman, ya_boi_j, athell and 1 other like this

So, the solution is to not rush Beasley, move him to OLB, and drop him into zone coverage?

Why not bench him until obvious passing situations? Trade?

Offensive-Lines are being allowed to hold.

There aren't any many great sack-masters in this league at DE a any more...

The QBs are you getting stars of hope in every city.

They were knocked-out in the past (and your season was over afterwards).

Innovation!

Edited by Rise

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

We don’t have anyone who can pass rush. That’s not just my opinion. We are built to create pressures and turnovers, but the secondary isn’t made for that. Oliver and Trufant aren’t known for INTs and Allen was a ballhawk in college, but at single high safety it may be different. 

It is different because takes time to heal and that injury. 

Edited by Rise

17 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Do you know the number of hours you put in as a coach in the NFL?

During the season you’re working anywhere from 8-14 hour days every day.

Billichek. Probably puts in more. Nobody out prepares him. 

57 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well how about making adjustments then?  

This is actually supposed to play right into the design of the defense. You can’t press the ball down the field if you’re throwing it that quick and you can’t get beat by checkdowns... unless you can’t tackle and aren’t sound in coverage. :ninja::bang:

21 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

This is actually supposed to play right into the design of the defense. You can’t press the ball down the field if you’re throwing it that quick and you can’t get beat by checkdowns... unless you can’t tackle and aren’t sound in coverage. :ninja::bang:

Beat me to it.  The fact that he is using this as an excuse for how poorly his defense performed is mind boggling to me.  Dude has lost it.

Just now, athell said:

Even if he did address it, you already know what he would say.  Also this got a chuckle outta me...

He must have literally sent the house

athell likes this

45 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Exactly PMF. I just don’t understand the disconnect with him and this defense!