Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcons007

Oliver started where Alford Left off last year.

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Interesting that Trufant is only giving up about 59% completion percentage

It is almost as if he is better than he gets credit for............

He needs to be perfect or he is a bum. Once you in TATF dog house, you can do nothing right. 

falconsd56 likes this

14 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Yep. 50% completion and NFL Rating of 57.7 when targeting him.

do you think we should also start jordan miller and just ride with them just to see if they can handle it i mean how much worse can they do then trufant and oliver

5 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

do you think we should also start jordan miller and just ride with them just to see if they can handle it i mean how much worse can they do then trufant and oliver

Till Trufant comes back, what do you have to lose by benching Oliver. Problem is Miller got roasted in preseason. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, falcons007 said:

Till Trufant comes back, what do you have to lose by benching Oliver. Problem is Miller got roasted in preseason. 

true he did. something must be wrong on that right side cuz whoever on that side be getting roasted

I don’t blame the players as much as the coaching staff. It’s the coaching that teaches technique and also puts players into positions to succeed. 

Brian Poole for example, goes to a place where he’s gets to maximize his skill set...guess what PFF has him not as one of the greatest slot corners but one of the best corners period. Alford goes to a Ari whose in a similar situation as us and gets lit up.

Point is, coaching matters and we don’t have it.

Rise_Up_504 likes this

30 minutes ago, benxiong said:

I don’t blame the players as much as the coaching staff. It’s the coaching that teaches technique and also puts players into positions to succeed. 

Brian Poole for example, goes to a place where he’s gets to maximize his skill set...guess what PFF has him not as one of the greatest slot corners but one of the best corners period. Alford goes to a Ari whose in a similar situation as us and gets lit up.

Point is, coaching matters and we don’t have it.

And there we have it. Coaching matters! I don’t think the guys are getting the proper coaching. Also, alford hasn’t played in a game for Arizona. He’s been on IR since preseason. 

16 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Sheffield was very good. 8/4/26 yards. I can see Oliver getting benched when Tru comes back.

He’s already benched. Quinn said Sheff and Tru will start wen Tru comes back 

falcons007 likes this

8 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

He’s already benched. Quinn said Sheff and Tru will start wen Tru comes back 

That's great, I don't listen to any DQ interviews or PC anymore.  

5 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Oliver Sucks!!!! Always had. I told yall you would regret letting Alford go. Oh well.....:munch:

Alford sucked too making 8 M a year. Its TD and DQ's fault they didn't have an adequate replacement. I mean the bar was already very low to replace Alford. 

17 hours ago, k-train said:

Dude has been bad, but in his defense it's pretty hard to cover WRs downfield when your team's complete lack of pass rush is allowing opposing QBs to take as long as they need in the pocket. Also doesn't help that a large chunk of the yards he gave up yesterday came because the refs allowed a pretty obvious non-catch to stand.

This.

18 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

There’s some notable names on that list 

DeAndre Baker the Georgia kid everyone was slurping in the off season.

Janoris Jenkins Marshawn Lattimore Kyle Fuller Johnothan Joseph Xavier Rhodes.

Alot of 1st round talent getting killed also.

And this.

That said Oliver has a long way to go. Sheffield more reps. Miller looking like that project, but so far Oliver has been clueless at times.

But not the only one.

Our coverage doesn’t help our pass rush.

Murray threw it in 2 seconds or less on like 19 passes vs ARI.