Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcons007

Oliver started where Alford Left off last year.

38 posts in this topic

Alford gave up the most yards in the NFL last year, 847 yards. 

Oliver is taking it to another level, he is on pace for 1400 yards. He has given up  487 yards, more than all the CB combines. Another TD second round pick...

11354719-B7-BF-4-B3-E-A323-BC1-A3-AD5439

Tru gave up 241 yards, his worst game was the one against Texans. He is down on the list at 36 for most yards given up. 
6-B0710-FC-1517-4938-810-F-25-CD6-F63-A3

falconsd56 and caponine like this

Just now, falcons007 said:

But but Trufant... 

Plenty of blame to go all around, unfortunately. Just when I think I've seen it all in Falcons-land they manage to surprise me again.

Ergo Proxy and falcons007 like this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Plenty of blame to go all around, unfortunately. Just when I think I've seen it all in Falcons-land they manage to surprise me again.

I know but it should be obvious where the biggest problem is, there are no perfect players. As bad as Kazee looked, he has held up on his own in slot.

Geneaut and Flying Falcon like this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I know but it should be obvious where the biggest problem is, there are no perfect players. As bad as Kazee looked, he has held up on his own in slot.

Agreed. Sounds like when Tru gets back Oliver's benched if what Quinn said about Sheff holds true.

falcons007 and Dr Long Shot like this

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

There’s some notable names on that list 

DeAndre Baker the Georgia kid everyone was slurping in the off season.

Janoris Jenkins Marshawn Lattimore Kyle Fuller Johnothan Joseph.

Alot of 1st round talent getting killed also.

And Xavier Rhodes. I expected physical corners to take a step back with the DPI challenges.

I really can’t believe just how terrible Oliver has been. He makes 2018 Alford look almost serviceable. I think Oliver sucking is a big reason for Rico’s recent slip in performance. Seems like he may be trying to overcompensate for Oliver getting beat every play. 

Dude has been bad, but in his defense it's pretty hard to cover WRs downfield when your team's complete lack of pass rush is allowing opposing QBs to take as long as they need in the pocket. Also doesn't help that a large chunk of the yards he gave up yesterday came because the refs allowed a pretty obvious non-catch to stand.

58 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Agreed. Sounds like when Tru gets back Oliver's benched if what Quinn said about Sheff holds true.

Sheffield was very good. 8/4/26 yards. I can see Oliver getting benched when Tru comes back.

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Sheffield was very good. 8/4/26 yards. I can Oliver getting benched when Tru comes back.

Is that what he gave up? I heard it was only 2 receptions for 8 yards on 4 targets. Both are good, but this stat line is obviously better lol. 

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Is that we gave up? I heard it was only 2 receptions for 8 yards on 4 targets. Both are good, but this stat line is obviously better lol. 

Yep. 50% completion and NFL Rating of 57.7 when targeting him.

Atlantafan21 likes this

28 minutes ago, jamesmasen said:

Pretty crazy some of the names on that list

Yeah. I think some of those guys lattimore used to be grab happy. With new rules, these physical guys are probably not mugging the receivers.

IDK why y'all thought Oliver was good in the first place, every DB Dan has ever drafted was a bust. He picks players based on measurables, regardless of how bad of a technique they have. He believes he can coach them up to NFL standards as long as they look a certain way.

Flying Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

IDK why y'all thought Oliver was good in the first place, every DB Dan has ever drafted was a bust. He picks players based on measurables, regardless of how bad of a technique they have. He believes he can coach them up to NFL standards as long as they look a certain way.

There’s nothing wrong with backing your coaching ability.You just live and die by those decisions is all.

6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

And Xavier Rhodes. I expected physical corners to take a step back with the DPI challenges.

I’m a bit different on this I’d have thought if coaches had more physical guys they’d adjust there techniques to get more hands on a guy earlier to effect a route.

I guess stacking and rubs are another issue for those types of guys but if there lined up one on one man get it done early to effect a WRer.

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

That doesn't have much if anything to do with it, the DPI challenges are almost never reversed. There was like 24 challenges at one point and 23 of them remained standing.