Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ergo Proxy

Matt Ryan comeback QB

53 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

But drives that end in game winning FGs don't count according to TATF

I just want an XP Long Shot!

What I take away from this stat mainly is that the reason Ryan is so far ahead of Rodgers in 4th qtr comebacks is that his team (or defense) has let him down more times than not while Rodgers has had the luxury of a more complete team and defense throughout this career. Ryan has been in a situation more often where he HAS to win it for his team

Edited by Norwood all the way!
Ergo Proxy and Godzilla1985 like this

Just now, Norwood all the way! said:

What I take away from this stat mainly is that the reason Ryan is so far ahead of Rodgers in 4th qtr comebacks is that his team (or defense) has let him down more times than not while Rodgers has had the luxury of a more complete team and defense throughout this career.

True but he also has a bad record when down multiple scores. Rodgers is one of the worst QBs to come back in general per opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

True but he also has a bad record when down multiple scores. Rodgers is one of the worst QBs to come back in general per opportunity.

Shows how the media can skew how people see certain players. Everyone talks about all of his hail Marys and hightlight plays and then think he's great at a comeback. 

Edited by Norwood all the way!
Ergo Proxy likes this

9 minutes ago, Norwood all the way! said:

Shows how the media can skew how people see certain players. Everyone talks about all of his hail Marys and hightlight plays and then think he's great at a comeback. 

Well it's a very well documented fact that does get brought up in the broadcasts when his team is down. He is something like 1-37 when entering the 4th quarter with a deficit against winning teams. Which is actually incredibly un-clutch. 

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

They hype Rodgers no doubt. Ice can hold his own with top tier QBs.

Doesn't Ryan have one of, if not the highest, Super Bowl QB rating of anybody in the league? Maybe the media should analyze who is good enough to hang with Ice instead of the other way around.

6 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Doesn't Ryan have one of, if not the highest, Super Bowl QB rating of anybody in the league? Maybe the media should analyze who is good enough to hang with Ice instead of the other way around.

Not sure about SB, but for playoff Ryan is #3 in passer rating behind Bart Starr(1st) and Kurt Warner(2nd) and right ahead of Brees(4th) and Rodgers(5th).  On the other hand Brady is 14th behind Mark Sanchez(10th) and Tony Romo(12th).  Guess you don't have to play that well to win when you have a HOF coach and a good/great defense most season. 

Just now, freefall said:

Not sure about SB, but for playoff Ryan is #3 in passer rating behind Bart Starr(1st) and Kurt Warner(2nd) and right ahead of Brees(4th) and Rodgers(5th).  On the other hand Brady is 14th behind Mark Sanchez(10th) and Tony Romo(12th).  Guess you don't have to play that well to win when you have a HOF coach and a good/great defense most season. 

Dayum good stuff

PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

Matt Ryan credited lot of those comebacks to Smitty. How they practiced situational 1-2 min drives. Never wasted TO and worked like clock work. Team was prepared for those come backs.

Ergo Proxy likes this

12 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

But professional analysts like Skip and Cowherd say he choked in SB.

JDaveG, Drew4719, PokerSteve and 1 other like this

15 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Best postseason stats for a QB in the league but no one wants to talk about it. 

PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Writers. Media. Not analyst.

They’re more just spokespersons. Bystanders. Observers(I would hesitate to even use that word really). They don’t really watch games, just try to say random crap even if it’s completely false. Not the nfl, but Idek why cowherd talks about the NBA at all, it’s clear he knows nothing about it. 

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

They’re more just spokespersons. Bystanders. Observers(I would hesitate to even use that word really). They don’t really watch games, just try to say random crap even if it’s completely false. Not the nfl, but Idek why cowherd talks about the NBA at all, it’s clear he knows nothing about it. 

What do you mean with hot takes that are money like this?

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

What do you mean with hot takes that are money like this?

Today's excuse for media really makes me glad I'm a total nobody. Completely self-made, though. Started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

I'll be here all week.  :slick: