momak

NFL stats for sacks

115 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I guess I just don't care as much about the money as others do. It's not coming out of my bank account. I couldn't care less how much anyone is making. Just do your **** job on the field. That's all I ask.

Of course!  But he isn't doing his job on the field while being paid like a player who does.

It's like this...

You go to a fancy steak house and pay $75 for a premium cut of beef.  It's overcooked, underseasoned, and generally disappointing.

You go to Applebee's and order a $11 sirloin.  It's also overcooked, underseasoned, and generally disappointing.

Comparing the two, which would you rather have?  Both gonna leave you with the *****, but one cost you significantly less so you don't feel nearly as bad about it.

6 hours ago, vel said:

Not true. Takk has been getting pressure. Several times. He doesn't finish because the QB always has somewhere else to go. Go look at that play from the AZ game where Takk gets free and is chasing Murray in a circle and Vic never even gets off of his block. That's a successful pressure on a three man rush. 

It is true.  He doesn't finish.  He has been a wasted 1st round pick. Quit making excuses for these guys...

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I guess I just don't care as much about the money as others do. It's not coming out of my bank account. I couldn't care less how much anyone is making. Just do your **** job on the field. That's all I ask.

That's cool but I'd rather have Irvin and Ansah. If you want a bad team go ahead. 

Atl Falcon and athell like this

6 minutes ago, vel said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Whether you agree or not. Takk has been winning his match ups fairly decently. 

I said he doesn't "finish", and that is 100% right. He hasn't delivered on his 1st round status, and I am not wrong on that.  Think what you want...

15 minutes ago, athell said:

Of course!  But he isn't doing his job on the field while being paid like a player who does.

It's like this...

You go to a fancy steak house and pay $75 for a premium cut of beef.  It's overcooked, underseasoned, and generally disappointing.

You go to Applebee's and order a $11 sirloin.  It's also overcooked, underseasoned, and generally disappointing.

Comparing the two, which would you rather have?  Both gonna leave you with the *****, but one cost you significantly less so you don't feel nearly as bad about it.

"Bad analogy cause it's not my monies"

athell likes this

17 hours ago, momak said:

The scary part is we seem to getting worse from week to week.

Please bring in a GM or coaching staff that focus on the Dline. Drafting DBs is useless until we can get some sort of pressure on opposing QBs

27 Detroit Lions 4 9
27 Oakland Raiders 5 9
29 Cincinnati Bengals 6 7
29 New York Jets 5 7
31 Miami Dolphins 5 5
31 Atlanta Falcons 6 5

The scary part is of the bottom 6 teams in sacks - only 1 team of those 6 has played as many games as the Falcons.   In fact, IT IS worse than it looks!

15 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I said he doesn't "finish", and that is 100% right. He hasn't delivered on his 1st round status, and I am not wrong on that.  Think what you want...

You said he hasn't done a thing. Not saying he's some stud, but if you look at those DLs those other guys are on, you see they have help. It's Takk and Grady in the top five of win rates for the Falcons, yet bottom tier in sacks. Can't take the QB down if he can get rid of the ball in two seconds. 

17 hours ago, momak said:

The scary part is we seem to getting worse from week to week.

Please bring in a GM or coaching staff that focus on the Dline. Drafting DBs is useless until we can get some sort of pressure on opposing QBs

Rk Team Games Sack
1 Carolina Panthers 6 27
2 New England Patriots 6 25
3 Pittsburgh Steelers 6 20
4 Cleveland Browns 6 19
4 Jacksonville Jaguars 6 19
6 New Orleans Saints 6 18
6 Tennessee Titans 6 18
8 Chicago Bears 5 17
8 Minnesota Vikings 6 17
8 San Francisco 49ers 5 17
11 Houston Texans 6 16
11 New York Giants 6 16
13 Green Bay Packers 5 15
14 Arizona Cardinals 6 14
14 Dallas Cowboys 6 14
14 Philadelphia Eagles 6 14
14 Washington Redskins 6 14
18 Indianapolis Colts 5 13
18 Los Angeles Rams 6 13
18 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6 13
21 Buffalo Bills 5 12
21 Denver Broncos 6 12
21 Los Angeles Chargers 6 12
24 Baltimore Ravens 6 11
24 Kansas City Chiefs 6 11
26 Seattle Seahawks 6 10
27 Detroit Lions 4 9
27 Oakland Raiders 5 9
29 Cincinnati Bengals 6 7
29 New York Jets 5 7
31 Miami Dolphins 5 5
31 Atlanta Falcons 6 5

Oh let me guess ... it’s not TD’s fault because Mike Smith and Dan Quinn picked out scheme specific players.

TD can’t and never has been able to produce edge rushers. 

TROFFED!!!! Fire his *** AB and let’s fix the problem. 

DQ fired his dem self giving VB 13m this yr and deserves it

1 hour ago, athell said:

It's like this...

I get that. Of course you want the cheaper one if you had to pick between the two. But I'm not gonna prop up one against the other and try to make him look like he's better just cause he's getting paid less when they've both been horrible. That is what I'm trying to say. We've got folks saying Takk is better than Beasley and they're only reason for that is "he's getting paid less so he's better." That's where I take issue with the whole thing.

athell likes this

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That's cool but I'd rather have Irvin and Ansah. If you want a bad team go ahead. 

I wanted the Falcons to sign Ansah. I didn't want to keep Vic at his current price tag.

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I get that. Of course you want the cheaper one if you had to pick between the two. But I'm not gonna prop up one against the other and try to make him look like he's better just cause he's getting paid less when they've both been horrible. That is what I'm trying to say. We've got folks saying Takk is better than Beasley and they're only reason for that is "he's getting paid less so he's better." That's where I take issue with the whole thing.

I just see Vic getting washed out on dang near every play.  I keyed in on him while I was at the game on Sunday and saw him, repeatedly ON AN ISLAND with a blocker and could do NOTHING with it.  Takk shows up every now and again, Vic disappears.  Biggest difference for me.

PokerSteve, ATLskinjob and Vandy like this

Just now, athell said:

I just see Vic getting washed out on dang near every play.  I keyed in on him while I was at the game on Sunday and saw him, repeatedly ON AN ISLAND with a blocker and could do NOTHING with it.  Takk shows up every now and again, Vic disappears.  Biggest difference for me.

Before the Houston game Beasley had more QB hits than Takk did this year. Last year Beasley had more hurries than Takk.

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Before the Houston game Beasley had more QB hits than Takk did this year. Last year Beasley had more hurries than Takk.

And that was from 2 games, and then he................disappeared.  That's what I'm saying.  Takk is more consistent than Vic.  Vic will pop up, then go away for a long time where Takk will at least give you a nibble every game.  I'm over the comparisons though, they both suck and they both are not the answer.

Ovie_Lover and PokerSteve like this

33 minutes ago, athell said:

Amazing how they both have regressed so bad  considering their Head Coach/DC is a “defensive line guru”. 

athell and PokerSteve like this

Less than a sack a game. This is pathetic. It's no wonder every QB looks like a hall of famer. If you can't disrupt the opposing QB you have little to no chance of winning. Add to that the inability to stop the run and you have this dumpster fire. This sucks.

8 hours ago, vel said:

The few people who wanted Burns here were met with "He's Vic 2.0" rebuttals. Now look...

I tried to tell 'em. Dude can get after it like nobody's business AND can play the run. People just look at the measurables & make up their mind rather than actually paying attention to the player.

I also wanted Yannick Ngakoue a few years ago & folks were like "who??"

athell, Knight of God and vel like this

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

• McKinley - 14 Tackles (10 Solo), 0.5 Sacks, 5 QB Hits
  • Beasley - 12 Tackles (7 Solo), 1.5 Sacks, 5 QB Hits

You guys just keep on believing something that's just not there.

how many times has the Qb slipped out of Takks hands compared to Vic? 

44 minutes ago, k-train said:

I tried to tell 'em. Dude can get after it like nobody's business AND can play the run. People just look at the measurables & make up their mind rather than actually paying attention to the player.

I remember

k-train and athell like this

45 minutes ago, k-train said:

Imma slip your resume under Artie's door...email it to me lol

Knight of God, k-train and Vandy like this

10 hours ago, falcons007 said:

The two punts in the game yesterday were Vic playing smart. Sure he sucked like rest of the team for most of the game. But if it was Takk, it would have been easy first downs.

The thing about Takk is with good coaching and mentors around he may be able to become a 10 sack guy. Vic head is not in the game, hasnt been for a while. 9 times out of 10 it wont be when he leaves here. 

Just now, Precyse said:

The thing about Takk is with good coaching and mentors around he may be able to become a 10 sack guy. Vic head is not in the game, hasnt been for a while. 9 times out of 10 it wont be when he leaves here. 

Takk sucks