momak

NFL stats for sacks

115 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Don’t mind Davison and Bailey... I’m good with them as rotational guys. Part of the problem on our d line is we have a bunch of specialists and one guy that’s actually a dude. Outside of Grady we don’t have a guy that can effectively play the run and pass. 

We need 2 330lb + guys on the DL to take up double teams and create gaps for our pass rushers. One of TD's problems is always going for smaller to mid sized DL's and never having a couple of good anchors on the line.

 

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

We need 2 330lb + guys on the DL to take up double teams and create gaps for our pass rushers. One of TD's problems is always going for smaller to mid sized DL's and never having a couple of good anchors on the line.

 

You definitely need nose tackle types but aside from that, you just need guys that can play and beat their guy head up. If only Grady can do it consistently, thats not enough. It’s easy to gameplan beating one guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Takk is not a good edge guy. He’s actually the same or worse than Beasley. He’s just cheap. Cheap isn’t better, it’s garbage for free.

I'm fine keeping Takk on his rookie deal as a rotational guy. I'm not fine keeping Beasley at premium edge money.

Takk has more pressures and hits than Beasley. But Beasley cost this team an extremely higher amount.

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Takk is not a good edge guy. He’s actually the same or worse than Beasley. He’s just cheap. Cheap isn’t better, it’s garbage for free.

Vic is the worst defender on the team. Takk and Oliver have more impact than him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Precyse said:

Vic is the worst defender on the team. Takk and Oliver have more impact than him

How? Takk is the worst Edge defender letting RB bounce outside. Dalvin  Cook Should buy Takk a Flat screen TV for making it a career day in Min.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

How? Takk is the worst Edge defender letting RB bounce outside. Dalvin  Cook Should buy Takk a Flat screen TV for making it a career day in Min.

At least takk isn't getting his ankles took so bad that he's having to take plays off for injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

How? Takk is the worst Edge defender letting RB bounce outside. Dalvin  Cook Should buy Takk a Flat screen TV for making it a career day in Min.

Happened one game and haven’t seen Takk lose contain since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Precyse said:

At least takk isn't getting his ankles took so bad that he's having to take plays off for injury. 

The two punts in the game yesterday were Vic playing smart. Sure he sucked like rest of the team for most of the game. But if it was Takk, it would have been easy first downs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Happened one game and haven’t seen Takk lose contain since. 

It was just an example, it isn’t much better after game one. Takk is low curling and average to below average guy. The new Coach should get some good players on DL. 

Dr Long Shot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'm fine keeping Takk on his rookie deal as a rotational guy. I'm not fine keeping Beasley at premium edge money.

Takk has more pressures and hits than Beasley. But Beasley cost this team an extremely higher amount.

This.  Not defending anyone really on this 2019 defense but Vic has been a ghost.  Not sure how anyone can defend him or prop him up over anyone else.  He's awful and carries a much much steeper cap hit.

Ovie_Lover and Dr Long Shot like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Just with the 13mil from Beasley we could of had

Poe and Irvin

McCoy and Irvin

McCoy and Ansah (14-15) together 

Irvin and Ansah

Personally Irvin, Ansah, and Takk is a nice group. Would need another inside guy possibly but **** man. 

Heck look what Greenbay did. For the first time in like forever they spent in FA on Dline. Preston Smith and Zadarius smith. Paying off from them. 

We need a Carolina and GB type of offseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, athell said:

This.  Not defending anyone really on this 2019 defense but Vic has been a ghost.  Not sure how anyone can defend him or prop him up over anyone else.  He's awful and carries a much much steeper cap hit.

Yeah I'm fine keeping Takk and letting him roll once his contract ends. Tagging Beasley was straight dumb though. Quinn cost himself his job with that one. Ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

So dead last in sacks but #1 in overall points given up.

Who wold have ever thought Quinn’s ‘full strength’ defense would end up like this.

Makes you wonder how the defense could get worse....

Yeah, it's funny when you hear people say that sacks are "overrated"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I would do what I can to keep Davison and Bailey. When we do get run stops, those 2 are usually the reason, Davison in particular, other than Grady.

I think Takk can be a good #2 guy opposite Chase. He's just not dominant. I see potential flashes in Takk though.

I wouldn't mind adding Leonard Williams with Grady.

Just what you want out of a 1st rounder.  A good # 2 guy, but really I don't even think he is a good #2 guy.  He hasn't done a thing this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Just to point out...

Panthers picked up Poe and Irving from the Falcons and McCoy from Tampa AND then drafted a DE.

They take the dline seriously there

The few people who wanted Burns here were met with "He's Vic 2.0" rebuttals. Now look...

Peteshweddy and k-train like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Just what you want out of a 1st rounder.  A good # 2 guy, but really I don't even think he is a good #2 guy.  He hasn't done a thing this year.

Not true. Takk has been getting pressure. Several times. He doesn't finish because the QB always has somewhere else to go. Go look at that play from the AZ game where Takk gets free and is chasing Murray in a circle and Vic never even gets off of his block. That's a successful pressure on a three man rush. 

Geaux_Falcons and CADirtyBird like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

As a wise man once said,  you Quinn some you lose some.

lmao you stupid haha thats good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 sacks, 2 ints, 2 fumbles recover, and 56% 3rd down allowed in 6 games.  Beside the 3rd down part that would make for a good stats line for a PLAYER.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falcons need to reconstruct the type of Defensive End they are looking for - stop w/ the 6'3" guy that weighs 245lbs.

I want a guys like Chase Young -  6'4"/6"5" and 265-270lb type guys.   We need COMPLETE passrushers like Khalil Mack that can bully you on the inside or swat you as you go by on the outside.

I pray the Falcons lose enough games to draft Chase Young.  He would be the game changer the defensive line needs.   Takk McKinley isn't Batman but he could be Robin.

Artys Arryn likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kenn.junior said:

we really on the same level as the dolphins wow 

We are perhaps worse than the Dolphins. Dolphins actually played better offenses overall than we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now