Osiruz

Bevell

98 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Neither koetter nor Bevell were true upgrades over Sark. 

eh, let's see if we hit a 5 game scoring lull again. :shrug:

That's like saying they weren't downgrades.

Unfortunately, DQ didn't trust Sark unsupervised while he became OC; which is also part of the reason for going to Koetter, IMO.

Any OC here would do himself favors to look at Kyle's version of the offense using playaction with a RELIABLE run game.

Get one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

eh, let's see if we hit a 5 game scoring lull again. :shrug:

That's like saying they weren't downgrades.

Unfortunately, DQ didn't trust Sark unsupervised while he became OC; which is also part of the reason for going to Koetter, IMO.

Any OC here would do himself favors to look at Kyle's version of the offense using playaction with a RELIABLE run game.

Get one.

I can’t wait until lindstrom gets back and see how the run game progresses. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

You saying the Colts allowed the Falcons to get back into that game?

Yeah those were garbage time yards and stats. By the time we started our "come back" it was too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Yes I do want defense, but offense needs balance. 

Well ****. Bevell probably wouldn’t have **** the bed like Koetter did today. 

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Well ****. Bevell probably wouldn’t have **** the bed like Koetter did today. 

Did you watch the game today? We could have had Jesus calling the plays and it wouldn't have mattered with how the OL was getting blown up nearly every play. You people really do crack me up how the OC is supposed to call good offenses when the OL doing terrible and not blocking anyone. How do you realistically expect any play call to work like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Did you watch the game today? We could have had Jesus calling the plays and it wouldn't have mattered with how the OL was getting blown up nearly every play. You people really do crack me up how the OC is supposed to call good offenses when the OL doing terrible and not blocking anyone. How do you realistically expect any play call to work like that?

Is Jesus available?

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 3:29 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Did you watch the game today? We could have had Jesus calling the plays and it wouldn't have mattered with how the OL was getting blown up nearly every play. You people really do crack me up how the OC is supposed to call good offenses when the OL doing terrible and not blocking anyone. How do you realistically expect any play call to work like that?

I think having a balanced run game would have helped with the pass pro. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 1:17 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Considering his offense is avging about 30 yards less a game and .1 less points a game than us if you take away the ST touchdown they have boosting their point total.  Then i would say for sure Bevell without a doubt wasn't the right choice and he still isn't that good.   Even more so considering they have quite a bit better defense giving them the ball back more often.  Then you have our better yards per play than them on offense of 6.1 to 5.7  and my personal favorite 3rd down % conversion to keep drives going with us at 48% top 5 in the league at it and detroit at 35% which would be around the 20th. 

All in all you can keep bevell never liked him before going to detroit and he dang sure isn't that impressive there now to make me think otherwise. 

LOL...and is the offensive talent same/similar?

Except for a dud against the Chargers, they are averaging 27 ppg.  Against the 3 common opponents we’ve played (Eagles, Vikings, Cardinals) they are scoring 28 ppg while we muster just 22 ppg 

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 5:22 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Lions

  • Points Per Game - 23.8 (13th)
  • Yards Per Game - 369.8 (13th)
  • 3rd Down Conversion Percentage - 35% (T-20th)

Falcons

  • Points Per Game - 22.5 (16th)
  • Yards Per Game - 391.3 (7th)
  • 3rd Down Conversion Percentage - 48% (T-5th)

 

How exactly is the Lions offense better than the Falcons offense?

The Lions have far less talent on offense yet are beating us in nearly every conceivable offensive metric.  
 

Minus one bad game vs Chargers they are averaging 27 ppg.  And they run the football 45% of the the time so yardage is not a great measure.

 

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 10:37 PM, Embrace the suck said:

What did I say in the off season? He was the right man as our OC and we mucked that up. So many of yall choked on that stupid 1 yard in the SB. 

If we should have hired the OC that lost SB49, does that mean we should keep the HC that lost us SB51 (and was part of that SB49 choke job)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The Lions have far less talent on offense yet are beating us in nearly every conceivable offensive metric.  
 

Minus one bad game vs Chargers they are averaging 27 ppg.  And they run the football 45% of the the time so yardage is not a great measure.

 

Yeah but the Lions having a great run game with far less talent than we do is overrated. We rather have a fantasy football passing attack where pass rushers can tee off on Matt Ryan. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The Lions have far less talent on offense yet are beating us in nearly every conceivable offensive metric.  
 

Minus one bad game vs Chargers they are averaging 27 ppg.  And they run the football 45% of the the time so yardage is not a great measure.

 

Can we  take away a dude as well and compare still?

Even with our dud against LA, we're still top 5 in first downs, second in pass yards, passing TDs, and this is after Matt has thrown 8 ints so far to the 4 from Stafford. 

Were we are failing at more than anything, is losing the turnover battle on offense. Costly turnovers in the red zone have hurt our offense immensely earlier in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Can we  take away a dude as well and compare still?

Even with our dud against LA, we're still top 5 in first downs, second in pass yards, passing TDs, and this is after Matt has thrown 8 ints so far to the 4 from Stafford. 

Were we are failing at more than anything, is losing the turnover battle on offense. Costly turnovers in the red zone have hurt our offense immensely earlier in the season.

Turnovers and an unwillingness to even attempt to run the football.  Few rushing attempts results in Matt Ryan getting absolutely beat up on a weekly basis.

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Turnovers and an unwillingness to even attempt to run the football.  Few rushing attempts results in Matt Ryan getting absolutely beat up on a weekly basis.

I'd say we're in a much better situation if Matt doesn't throw Interceptions against the Vikings and Free doesn't fumble against the Colts.

TO's are apart of the game, but you're not helping your defense when don't convert points when you should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Can we  take away a dude as well and compare still?

Even with our dud against LA, we're still top 5 in first downs, second in pass yards, passing TDs, and this is after Matt has thrown 8 ints so far to the 4 from Stafford. 

Were we are failing at more than anything, is losing the turnover battle on offense. Costly turnovers in the red zone have hurt our offense immensely earlier in the season.

Super weak rushing attack too which means less rz TDS. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Super weak rushing attack too which means less rz TDS. 

We are being out scored 3 to 1 in the first half of games. This leads to a ton of meaningless yards.  Nobody can watch this team and say either side of the football is even average.

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

We are being out scored 3 to 1 in the first half of games. This leads to a ton of meaningless yards.  Nobody can watch this team and say either side of the football is even average.

Its the same old saints recipe they use against us. 

1. Shut down the run.

2. Tee off on the tackles and bring the blitz if needed.

3. make the game one dimensional.

4. Let off on the gas pedal once the game is out of hand.

MR2 is one of the most hit / sacked Qbs in the last couple of years due to the team being one dimensional while the saints figured out how to prolong Brees' Career because of Kamara. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now