Osiruz

Bevell

98 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

Nothing revisionist about It. They had a plan and believed in Cable much like we thought DQ could work magic on our line and It didn’t work. 

And for you to deny that Wilson doesn’t hold onto the ball too long is some blind allegiance fandom if I ever heard It. I live up near Seattle and every fan will say that he holds onto the ball too long and causes sacks but they also turn around and become huge *** play where his “legs and mobility” “kept the play alive”. 

Anyways, we won’t see eye to eye on this but I’ll just say that Bevell wouldn’t be any better than Koetter. 

He does it out of necessity not because he likes to hold the ball, if he had as much time as ryan or brees he'd do some serious damage. 

5 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

It’s wild the number of sacks they’ve given up since the Unger trade.

• 2015: 46 sacks
  • 2016: 41 sacks
  • 2017: 43 sacks
  • 2018: 51 sacks

That’s a death warrant, Russell Wilson must have 9 lives or something. :lol:

You were correct in the unger trade. The one thing that you miss is Britt was trained on RT and LT then placed as Center where he knew the system by then and has been outstanding. I think that was the plan all along. Unger was good for us and Grahama was a WR playing as a TE. And RW has 18 lives.....He is twice the cat anyone else is. :P

NWFALCON and Osiruz like this

On 10/14/2019 at 10:37 PM, Embrace the suck said:

What did I say in the off season? He was the right man as our OC and we mucked that up. So many of yall choked on that stupid 1 yard in the SB. 

Because offense is our problem. Good call.

falconsd56 and Falconsfan567 like this

4 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

He does it out of necessity not because he likes to hold the ball, if he had as much time as ryan or brees he'd do some serious damage. 

As much time as Ryan :lol:

I am gladly embracing the suck. Keep up the good work 

:munch:

Schwarzwald and NWFALCON like this

Lions

• Points Per Game - 23.8 (13th)
  • Yards Per Game - 369.8 (13th)
  • 3rd Down Conversion Percentage - 35% (T-20th)

Falcons

• Points Per Game - 22.5 (16th)
  • Yards Per Game - 391.3 (7th)
  • 3rd Down Conversion Percentage - 48% (T-5th)

How exactly is the Lions offense better than the Falcons offense?

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Lions

• Points Per Game - 23.8 (13th)
  • Yards Per Game - 369.8 (13th)
  • 3rd Down Conversion Percentage - 35% (T-20th)

Falcons

• Points Per Game - 22.5 (16th)
  • Yards Per Game - 391.3 (7th)
  • 3rd Down Conversion Percentage - 48% (T-5th)

How exactly is the Lions offense better than the Falcons offense?

BuT tHeY dOnT hAvE jULiO

Schwarzwald likes this

On 10/16/2019 at 2:54 PM, Iron Saint said:

While Justin Britt is a good center, that’s revisionist history if I’ve ever seen it. Britt played poorly at RT in the 2015 preseason that he was moved to guard.

When Unger went down with injuries in 2014, he was replaced with Patrick Lewis and they held a perfect 4-0 record with him starting. After Unger was traded, he wasn’t named the starting center, and the job went to Drew Nowak at the start of the 2015 season. 

Nowak was waived by the Seahawks in December 2015 and put on the practice squad before getting waived again, then signing with the Chiefs where he was waived by the Chiefs in final cut downs of 2016.

Lewis regained the starting job in 2015 and played well but was waived in August 2016 during final cut downs, played for the Bills in 2016, then joined the AAF which folded 3 months later, and was drafted into the XFL.

While they may have a good center now, that wasn’t the plan when they traded Unger. If it was, they wouldn’t be on their 3rd center since then.

Nailed it.

Gotcha, thought you were talking about their 2014 OL. :lol:

You. I like you.

Iron Saint likes this

20 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

BuT tHeY dOnT hAvE jULiO

That does count for alot, they dont have the best WR/TE core in the NFL either, yet their ground game is alot better allowing them to be balanced and control the ball. Believe it or not those effects trickle into defense because it allows the defense to rest and be fresh. 

But that Seahawks center though, he was a world beater :ninja:. Same for their OL. 

43 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

That does count for alot, they dont have the best WR/TE core in the NFL either, yet their ground game is alot better allowing them to be balanced and control the ball. Believe it or not those effects trickle into defense because it allows the defense to rest and be fresh. 

But that Seahawks center though, he was a world beater :ninja:. Same for their OL. 

Or the defense could just get off of the field on third downs. 

Seahawks chose to invest initially in defense so they let Cable play Dr. Frankenstein with the line. No one said they’re the Cowboys but it’s strange that you refuse to see that Wilson has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long. Sometimes It works and sometimes It doesn’t. 

You have your opinion and I have one but I watched Bevell for years up here and he’s not the answer but obviously there’s no convincing you. 

Edited by NWFALCON

25 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Seahawks chose to invest initially in defense so they let Cable play Dr. Frankenstein with the line. No one said they’re the Cowboys but it’s strange that you refuse to see that Wilson has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long. Sometimes It works and sometimes It doesn’t. 

You have your opinion and I have one but I watched Bevell for years up here and he’s not the answer but obviously there’s no convincing you. 

Neither koetter nor Bevell were true upgrades over Sark. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

I watched him too, he believes in running the ball. That's the thing with Sark and Kutty they are terrible with the run game. A good running game is a Qb's best friend and opens up the PA. It's also a good way to keep the defense fresh and mask some deficiencies. Mike Smith hid an atrocious defense behind Turner for years. Bevell is a good one and he will be around for a while. I don't mind an OC/DC as our next HC as long as they are elite at what they do. Harbaugh, Rex Ryan, or someone w/ a similar resume would do. 

11 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

I watched him too, he believes in running the ball. That's the thing with Sark and Kutty they are terrible with the run game. A good running game is a Qb's best friend and opens up the PA. It's also a good way to keep the defense fresh and mask some deficiencies. Mike Smith hid an atrocious defense behind Turner for years. Bevell is a good one and he will be around for a while. I don't mind an OC/DC as our next HC as long as they are elite at what they do. Harbaugh, Rex Ryan, or someone w/ a similar resume would do. 

He was ran out of Seattle for not running the ball during 2016 and 2017 seasons.   Not sure how much of that was on Bevell or on Cable (run game coordinator) but good on him for looking better in Detroit. 

And I am in agreement with the future hire but Harbaugh and Rex scare me a bit but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. 

Edited by NWFALCON
Vandy likes this

I keep seeing ppl say the Falcons stats are "garbage time yards" .. I've had the pleasure of seeing every game this year unfortunately, and outside of the Texans game, and I'm going to reach and say the Vikes game, what other game the falcons were completely out of for it to be considered garbage time stats?

43 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Rex tore apart an amazing defense in Buffalo. I do not understand the love for him. Are you Osuriz? You changed your name lol.

3 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

I keep seeing ppl say the Falcons stats are "garbage time yards" .. I've had the pleasure of seeing every game this year unfortunately, and outside of the Texans game, and I'm going to reach and say the Vikes game, what other game the falcons were completely out of for it to be considered garbage time stats?

I don't think you can even say the Texans game was garbage time. It was 33-25 (8 points - 1 score) after the Falcons scored a TD to start the 4th quarter. It was also again an 8 points - 1 score game when the Falcons made it 40-32 with a little over 3 minutes left.

40 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't think you can even say the Texans game was garbage time. It was 33-25 (8 points - 1 score) after the Falcons scored a TD to start the 4th quarter. It was also again an 8 points - 1 score game when the Falcons made it 40-32 with a little over 3 minutes left.

I'm just rationalizing if any game it could be remotely considered garbage time, that's all I could come up with. Yet I always see fans say Ryan/Falcons compile garbage time stats to discredit anything they do offensively

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Rex tore apart an amazing defense in Buffalo. I do not understand the love for him. Are you Osuriz? You changed your name lol.

Yep just embracing the suck this year, I love Rex because hes a great defensive coach. He may have tore up that buffalo D but they ran a different scheme than what he coaches. His defenses in NY carried Mark Sanchez to back to back AFCCG, he would have done well with our offense. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 hour ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Colts. 

4 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Yep just embracing the suck this year, I love Rex because hes a great defensive coach. He may have tore up that buffalo D but they ran a different scheme than what he coaches. His defenses in NY carried Mark Sanchez to back to back AFCCG, he would have done well with our offense. 

I can respect that answer. 

Osiruz likes this

On 10/15/2019 at 2:11 AM, Embrace the suck said:

Wrong,

His offense is averaging a whopping 4 less yards per game, and those arent inflated catch up/garbage time yards. His offense is able to run the ball and is balanced (120 ypc) while we are at a pathetic 70 ypg and are one dimensional. Oh and hes averaging 2 more ppg without the best wr cast in the nfl. Furthermore we ran like 50 more scrimmage plays. 

Fail troll.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team

I think we all know why we are 1dimensi:ninja:nal

Osiruz likes this