Osiruz

Bevell

98 posts in this topic

At this point it doesn't really do any good to argue over Bevell as a OC. 

The more relevant question is could Bevell be a good head coach? 

I don't know but considering how the league is trending offensive and many new head coaches have only been coordinators for a year or two or maybe never, Bevell is significantly more experienced than most. He has also not been married to one offensive system, having coached Brett Favre, Russell Wilson, and now Matthew Stafford to success. 

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody in Detroit is particularly happy about the Bevell offense. We are scoring 2.08 points per drive compared to the lions 1.91 as of week 5. Stats not updated for week 6 but the gap should be greater after we put up 33 on 9 offensive drives last game while Detroit put up 22 in 10 drives. 

 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

I did, everyone saw that ol collapse once they traded unger and ran with a bunch of 6th rounders. 

Wrong. They actually have a good center. That’s why Unger was traded. 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

He was ran out of Seattle. People up here wanted him gone 2 years before he was canned. 

At one point, i thought one of my friends was going to track the dude down with as much as he was ranting about him lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

What did I say in the off season? He was the right man as our OC and we mucked that up. So many of yall choked on that stupid 1 yard in the SB. 

Detroit is 13th in nfl total offense, Atlanta is 7th.

So unless you wanted Bevil as our DC, not sure your point? 

Falconsfan567 and NeonDeion like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

At one point, i thought one of my friends was going to track the dude down with as much as he was ranting about him lol

Haha. I wouldn’t doubt It. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Vandy said:

Detroit is 13th in nfl total offense, Atlanta is 7th.

So unless you wanted Bevil as our DC, not sure your point? 

If they didn't get ref jobbed they would be ranked higher. They also played better defenses than us. The NFL apologized today for the missed PI, 2 hands to the face, and the goal line blown call. Lions could have easily hanged 29 points on the packers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:13 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

If the Lions had scored touchdowns tonight instead of kicking all those field goals they would have won. But nope. 5 field goals despite all those trips to the red zone and they lost.

FGs in the Red Zone did hinder the Lions.  The real reason they lost against the Pack has more to do with two phantom hands to the face calls and a called TD reception for GB that was down on the 1.

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

If they didn't get reff jobbed they would be ranked higher. They also played better defenses than us. The NFL apologized today for the missed PI, 2 hands to the face, and the goal line blown call. Lions could have easily hanged 29 points on the packers. 

The only good defenses they have played are Green Bay, and maybe the Chargers if you are generous with the term good. We have played both Tennesse and Minnesota which are top 4 in every defensive category. Overall you can make an argument our strength of schedule on offense has been similar to Detroit's, but definitely not easier. Either way, our stats on offense are better overall by a wide margin when adjusting for lack of possessions (thanks to our awful defense in contrast to Detroit's top 10 defense). We rank 7th in points per drive vs Detroit's 19th ranking. Conversely on defense Detroit ranks 10th in points per drive while we rank 28th. Detroit has played well this year but it hasn't been primarily on the offensive end. 

Also LMFAO at citing the refs. We have been on the receiving end of awful calls at least on two of our games. How many points do we hang on Indianapolis and Arizona with the extra two or three-possession we were robbed off thanks to the god awful calls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

The only good defenses they have played are Green Bay, and maybe the Chargers if you are generous with the term good. We have played both Tennesse and Minnesota which are top 4 in every defensive category. Overall you can make an argument our strength of schedule on offense has been similar to Detroit's, but definitely not easier. Either way, our stats on offense are better overall by a wide margin when adjusting for lack of possessions (thanks to our awful defense in contrast to Detroit's top 10 defense). We rank 7th in points per drive vs Detroit's 19th ranking. Conversely on defense Detroit ranks 10th in points per drive while we rank 28th. Detroit has played well this year but it hasn't been primarily on the offensive end. 

Also LMFAO at citing the refs. We have been on the receiving end of awful calls at least on two of our games. How many points do we hang on Indianapolis and Arizona with the extra two or three-possession we were robbed off thanks to the god awful calls?

indi? lol. Did the NFL apologize for those calls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Embrace the suck said:

indi? lol. Did the NFL apologize for those calls?

You are failing to make any valid points whatsoever. You understand that, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

You are failing to make any valid points whatsoever. You understand that, right?

So they didn't? :munch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Embrace the suck said:

So they didn't? :munch:

Are you implying bad calls are only bad calls if the NFL officially apologizes for those calls? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Wrong. They actually have a good center. That’s why Unger was traded. 

While Justin Britt is a good center, that’s revisionist history if I’ve ever seen it. Britt played poorly at RT in the 2015 preseason that he was moved to guard.

When Unger went down with injuries in 2014, he was replaced with Patrick Lewis and they held a perfect 4-0 record with him starting. After Unger was traded, he wasn’t named the starting center, and the job went to Drew Nowak at the start of the 2015 season. 

Nowak was waived by the Seahawks in December 2015 and put on the practice squad before getting waived again, then signing with the Chiefs where he was waived by the Chiefs in final cut downs of 2016.

Lewis regained the starting job in 2015 and played well but was waived in August 2016 during final cut downs, played for the Bills in 2016, then joined the AAF which folded 3 months later, and was drafted into the XFL.

While they may have a good center now, that wasn’t the plan when they traded Unger. If it was, they wouldn’t be on their 3rd center since then.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:11 AM, Embrace the suck said:

I did, everyone saw that ol collapse once they traded unger and ran with a bunch of 6th rounders. 

Nailed it.

23 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Yepp and that was a very good offense. 10th in points, 9th in yards, 3rd in Tos, 1st in rush yards. I was talking about his later paper mache OLs. 

Gotcha, thought you were talking about their 2014 OL. :lol:

Ovie_Lover and Osiruz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

While Justin Britt is a good center, that’s revisionist history if I’ve ever seen it. Britt played poorly at RT in the 2015 preseason that he was moved to guard.

When Unger went down with injuries in 2014, he was replaced with Patrick Lewis and they held a perfect 4-0 record with him starting. After Unger was traded, he wasn’t named the starting center, and the job went to Drew Nowak at the start of the 2015 season. 

Nowak was waived by the Seahawks in December 2015 and put on the practice squad before getting waived again, then signing with the Chiefs where he was waived by the Chiefs in final cut downs of 2016.

Lewis regained the starting job in 2015 and played well but was waived in August 2016 during final cut downs, played for the Bills in 2016, then joined the AAF which folded 3 months later, and was drafted into the XFL.

While they may have a good center now, that wasn’t the plan when they traded Unger. If it was, they wouldn’t be on their 3rd center since then.

Nailed it.

Gotcha, thought you were talking about their 2014 OL. :lol:

Thank you for being objective, anyone saying the later OLs were studs doesn't know football or hasn't seen the games. Matt Ryan would be retired by now playing behind those lines, I think Russell was getting nearly sacked 7 times per game and the OL gave up 4 consecutive seasons of 40+ sacks. They were lucky Russell was pulling some Houdini acts and getting out of some sacks.

Ovie_Lover and Iron Saint like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Are you implying bad calls are only bad calls if the NFL officially apologizes for those calls? 

I am saying you are crying and whining about arguable calls, every fan thinks their team is being victimized. Those calls against the lions were clear as day and they shouldn't have lost that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Thank you for being objective, anyone saying the later OLs were studs doesn't know football or hasn't seen the games. Matt Ryan would be retired by now playing behind those lines, I think Russell was getting nearly sacked 7 times per game and the OL gave up 4 consecutive seasons of 40+ sacks. They were lucky Russell was pulling some Houdini acts and getting out of some sacks.

It’s wild the number of sacks they’ve given up since the Unger trade.

  • 2015: 46 sacks
  • 2016: 41 sacks
  • 2017: 43 sacks
  • 2018: 51 sacks

That’s a death warrant, Russell Wilson must have 9 lives or something. :lol:

SeahawkFan80 and Osiruz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Thank you for being objective, anyone saying the later OLs were studs doesn't know football or hasn't seen the games. Matt Ryan would be retired by now playing behind those lines, I think Russell was getting nearly sacked 7 times per game and the OL gave up 4 consecutive seasons of 40+ sacks. They were lucky Russell was pulling some Houdini acts and getting out of some sacks.

Russell causes a lot of sacks by holding on to the ball so **** long. He causes a lot of holding calls as well. No where did I say they have an amazing offensive line but it is what It is. 

Just like people complaining about Sark never scheming offensive line help when Schraeder struggled, the same can be said about Bevell. 

 

 

@Iron Saint  no one knows what they’re plan was other than to get an offensive weapon. Cable was always shifting people up and down the line trying to find a spot for them.  It was really weird watching the Seahawks line during his time here. Nice breakdown on the movement tho. I didn’t know he bounced around like that. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Russell causes a lot of sacks by holding on to the ball so **** long. He causes a lot of holding calls as well. No where did I say they have an amazing offensive line but it is what It is. 

Just like people complaining about Sark never scheming offensive line help when Schraeder struggled, the same can be said about Bevell.

 

Dude they straight up had what most believe was the worst OL in football, your analysis is a bunch of revisionist hallucinations :lol:. Expecting an OC to work magic with them lemons is a tall task. And no Wilson wasn't holding the ball too long, that line was already destroyed by the time the ball is snapped and they resorted to backyard football. If Ryan had that line he wouldn't be playing football right now, he'd be looking at a spleen/liver transplant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

It’s wild the number of sacks they’ve given up since the Unger trade.

  • 2015: 46 sacks
  • 2016: 41 sacks
  • 2017: 43 sacks
  • 2018: 51 sacks

That’s a death warrant, Russell Wilson must have 9 lives or something. :lol:

That's why he's one of my favorite players, he is the best QB at improvising on the run in our lifetime. I've never seen Tarkenton play, but Russell is the closest thing to Fran.

Iron Saint likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Dude they straight up had what most believe was the worst OL in football, your analysis is a bunch of revisionist hallucinations :lol:. Expecting an OC to work magic with them lemons is a tall task. And no Wilson wasn't holding the ball too long, that line was already destroyed by the time the ball is snapped and they resorted to backyard football. If Ryan had that line he wouldn't be playing football right now, he'd be looking at a spleen/liver transplant.

Nothing revisionist about It. They had a plan and believed in Cable much like we thought DQ could work magic on our line and It didn’t work. 

And for you to deny that Wilson doesn’t hold onto the ball too long is some blind allegiance fandom if I ever heard It. I live up near Seattle and every fan will say that he holds onto the ball too long and causes sacks but they also turn around and become huge *** play where his “legs and mobility” “kept the play alive”. 

Anyways, we won’t see eye to eye on this but I’ll just say that Bevell wouldn’t be any better than Koetter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

If they didn't get ref jobbed they would be ranked higher. They also played better defenses than us. The NFL apologized today for the missed PI, 2 hands to the face, and the goal line blown call. Lions could have easily hanged 29 points on the packers. 

So? They’d still be 13th in total offense, with Atlanta still 7th. 

Schwarzwald and WhenFalconsWin like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Embrace the suck said:

That's why he's one of my favorite players, he is the best QB at improvising on the run in our lifetime. I've never seen Tarkenton play, but Russell is the closest thing to Fran.

I really do like Russell Wilson, he’s a really good player (and person) and I think he’d do some serious damage behind a competent OL.

56 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I live up near Seattle and every fan will say that he holds onto the ball too long and causes sacks but they also turn around and become huge *** play where his “legs and mobility” “kept the play alive”. 

I can agree to an extent that he does hold the ball a bit too long but I don’t think it’s the result of a bad trait; I think it’s more out of necessity due to how quick his OL in beaten and he starts taking on pressure from somewhere.

If he’d just chuck the ball away every snap when he starts taking heat, they’d literally have no offense. So he has to use his mobility to generate at least some offense and sometimes he gets rundown before he can get out the pocket.

Osiruz, NWFALCON and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

I am saying you are crying and whining about arguable calls, every fan thinks their team is being victimized. Those calls against the lions were clear as day and they shouldn't have lost that game.

The only one crying and whining here is you. Give the lions their imaginary yards and points and they are still not nearly as effective on offense as we have been. That's a fact. What are your facts again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now