Osiruz

Bevell

98 posts in this topic

Considering his offense is avging about 30 yards less a game and .1 less points a game than us if you take away the ST touchdown they have boosting their point total.  Then i would say for sure Bevell without a doubt wasn't the right choice and he still isn't that good.   Even more so considering they have quite a bit better defense giving them the ball back more often.  Then you have our better yards per play than them on offense of 6.1 to 5.7  and my personal favorite 3rd down % conversion to keep drives going with us at 48% top 5 in the league at it and detroit at 35% which would be around the 20th. 

All in all you can keep bevell never liked him before going to detroit and he dang sure isn't that impressive there now to make me think otherwise. 

Wrong,

His offense is averaging a whopping 4 less yards per game, and those arent inflated catch up/garbage time yards. His offense is able to run the ball and is balanced (120 ypc) while we are at a pathetic 70 ypg and are one dimensional. Oh and hes averaging 2 more ppg without the best wr cast in the nfl. Furthermore we ran like 50 more scrimmage plays. 

Fail troll.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team

3 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

He was ran out of Seattle. People up here wanted him gone 2 years before he was canned. 

Wasn't his fault he had the worst OL in the nfl. He did lead the Seahawks to the SB and their offense balled out considering their limitations. 

They got robbed, some stupid penalties were called (2x illegal hands). Also hockenson dropped a sure fire TD. Was kind of sad to see them blow that game. 

Would be nice if he was coaching defense. If not, it wouldn't have mattered regardless.

Now if DQ tried to get Gus Bradley here, that would have made a difference

1 hour ago, Embrace the suck said:

Wrong,

His offense is averaging a whopping 4 less yards per game, and those arent inflated catch up/garbage time yards. His offense is able to run the ball and is balanced (120 ypc) while we are at a pathetic 70 ypg and are one dimensional. Oh and hes averaging 2 more ppg without the best wr cast in the nfl. Furthermore we ran like 50 more scrimmage plays. 

Fail troll.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team

1st off that is the 1st time ever on this site i have ever been called a troll in 15 years lol.  Im not sure how to take it but i guess i'll say thanks because it's sorta funny you would think that.  Although i find it really odd you would call anyone a troll just because they had a differing opinion than yours. That just sounds like something a young kid would do not a grown man.  But either way according to that same link you just sent me the Lions have 369 ypg to our 391.  So im not exactly sure how that is only 4 yards less unless i completely failed and didn't learn my numbers or math at all correctly my whole life.   Also they are avging 23.8 PPG with a ST touchdown added in we are avging 22.5 ppg with no ST touchdowns added in.  You remove that ST touchdown that has nothing to do with offense and that brings their ppg total to 22.4 which would be .1 less ppg than the Falcons.     Now i will give you the rushing thing but im not so sure we couldn't do a much better job running the ball and have a more balanced offense if our defense always didn't put us behind by 20+ points every single game forcing the offense to throw. 

Trust me im not a DK fan by no means and i want a completely different coordinator here but it **** sure isn't Bevel nor should it ever be.    Also you do realize the only reason they have ran 50 less scrimmage plays is because they have played in 1 less game right?   After their 6th game to match ours they could have much worse stats or much better.  But considering it's against the Vikings defense thats gonna be 1 **** of a tough task to put up 400+ yards and 24+ points against them to keep those numbers even close to ours.  The Vikings haven't let 1 team put up over 21 points on them yet this season and they are only allowing 310 ypg. 

The only thing i can think of is you looked at that site a long time before they updated the numbers from the Packers game and need to go back and check your own link again.

7 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

What did I say in the off season? He was the right man as our OC and we mucked that up. So many of yall choked on that stupid 1 yard in the SB. 

Our defense is the problem now. Even 2016 Kyle Shanahan would have trouble outscoring our opponents this year the way our defense is playing. 

NeonDeion and Geneaut like this

5 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Wasn't his fault he had the worst OL in the nfl. He did lead the Seahawks to the SB and their offense balled out considering their limitations. 

The Seahawks o-line wasn't bad when they won the SB. That offense ride or died with Marshaun Lynch and that great defense are the 2 things that led them to the SB.

Wilson wasn't nowhere near who he is now. Wilson became much better after Bevell was gone.

Schwarzwald and SeahawkFan80 like this

5 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Did you watch the Seahawks at all??  Doesn’t sound like you did. 

Bevell is just as ordinary as Koetter is. It is pointless to discuss which one is better. Both won‘t make a difference for any team and would need a stellar defense to bail them out.

Geneaut likes this

2 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Did you watch the Seahawks at all??  Doesn’t sound like you did. 

I did, everyone saw that ol collapse once they traded unger and ran with a bunch of 6th rounders. 

Iron Saint likes this

6 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

1st off that is the 1st time ever on this site i have ever been called a troll in 15 years lol.  Im not sure how to take it but i guess i'll say thanks because it's sorta funny you would think that.  Although i find it really odd you would call anyone a troll just because they had a differing opinion than yours. That just sounds like something a young kid would do not a grown man.  But either way according to that same link you just sent me the Lions have 369 ypg to our 391.  So im not exactly sure how that is only 4 yards less unless i completely failed and didn't learn my numbers or math at all correctly my whole life.   Also they are avging 23.8 PPG with a ST touchdown added in we are avging 22.5 ppg with no ST touchdowns added in.  You remove that ST touchdown that has nothing to do with offense and that brings their ppg total to 22.4 which would be .1 less ppg than the Falcons.     Now i will give you the rushing thing but im not so sure we couldn't do a much better job running the ball and have a more balanced offense if our defense always didn't put us behind by 20+ points every single game forcing the offense to throw. 

Trust me im not a DK fan by no means and i want a completely different coordinator here but it **** sure isn't Bevel nor should it ever be.    Also you do realize the only reason they have ran 50 less scrimmage plays is because they have played in 1 less game right?   After their 6th game to match ours they could have much worse stats or much better.  But considering it's against the Vikings defense thats gonna be 1 **** of a tough task to put up 400+ yards and 24+ points against them to keep those numbers even close to ours.  The Vikings haven't let 1 team put up over 21 points on them yet this season and they are only allowing 310 ypg. 

The only thing i can think of is you looked at that site a long time before they updated the numbers from the Packers game and need to go back and check your own link again.

Was harsh w/ the troll response so apologize but yeah those stats weren't factoring in last night. Still they are much more balanced and would have scored a lot more points if it wasn't for their players dropping tds and the refs blowing several calls (PI on the deep bomb). I rather have a balanced offense than an offense with a lot of garbage time yards.

8 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

They got robbed, some stupid penalties were called (2x illegal hands). Also hockenson dropped a sure fire TD. Was kind of sad to see them blow that game. 

Was very fitting for the lions

Ovie_Lover likes this

2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Was harsh w/ the troll response so apologize but yeah those stats weren't factoring in last night. Still they are much more balanced and would have scored a lot more points if it wasn't for their players dropping tds and the refs blowing several calls (PI on the deep bomb). I rather have a balanced offense than an offense with a lot of garbage time yards.

Fair enough my guy it's all good but you also gotta realize Bevell wouldn't have a balanced offense here right now with us either.  If our defense puts us 20+ down every single game you just can't run the ball and waste clock time to get back into it.  No OC would actually be balanced right now with us just based on what our offense is giving to work with.  This includes Shannahan as well who is a genius on that side of the ball. We gotta fix the defense 1st and then you will see our offense become more balanced. Since the games will be closer and it wouldn't hurt getting a new RB to replace freeman next year as well.

Osiruz, NeonDeion and vel like this

Pretty sure our offense isn't the issue. Even if KS was calling plays again, we would still have the worst defense in football. Maybe KS gives us another win or two, but you can't win games when the other team punts 1 or 2 times a game.

I have never seen a defense that is bad at everything. Can't rush the passer, can't cover, can't stop the run, can't get stops on 3rd down, and can't force turnovers. I am almost at the point where we should just start playing super aggressive and just go for turnovers. Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of our players are aware enough to even try this.

NeonDeion likes this

12 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

That 2014 Seahawks OL was 1st in the NFL in rushing yards, rushing TD’s, and YPC. They gave up some sacks, but to say they were the worst OL in the league despite literally being the best run blocking OL I’m multiple categories is flat out inaccurate.

NeonDeion likes this

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Fair enough my guy it's all good but you also gotta realize Bevell wouldn't have a balanced offense here right now with us either.  If our defense puts us 20+ down every single game you just can't run the ball and waste clock time to get back into it.  No OC would actually be balanced right now with us just based on what our offense is giving to work with.  This includes Shannahan as well who is a genius on that side of the ball. We gotta fix the defense 1st and then you will see our offense become more balanced. Since the games will be closer and it wouldn't hurt getting a new RB to replace freeman next year as well.

Even if we fall behind you still should run the ball to keep the defense honest. if they are keying on the pass it can lead to gashing runs. Sean Payton is a master of that and utilizes with AK to maximum affect. 

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

That 2014 Seahawks OL was 1st in the NFL in rushing yards, rushing TD’s, and YPC. They gave up some sacks, but to say they were the worst OL in the league despite literally being the best run blocking OL I’m multiple categories is flat out inaccurate.

Yepp and that was a very good offense. 10th in points, 9th in yards, 3rd in Tos, 1st in rush yards. I was talking about his later paper mache OLs.