Realsurfin

Matt Ryan ball speed.

68 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

If Only  Brady thought 28-3 was garbage stat. You play to win the game and score. 

Only truly garbage time we have had has been the last few drives of the Minny game and the last drive of the Tennesse game. The garbage time narrative is a little dumb, Indy, Houston, and Arizona were one-possession games in the fourth quarter where we needed the defense to make a stop with plenty of time left to give us a chance to tie or take the lead. 

Geneaut, TNFalcon1 and falcons007 like this

I dont know where the Falcons would be without Ryan... But I know where they have been WITH him...

2 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

I dont know where the Falcons would be without Ryan... But I know where they have been WITH him...

I think Miami the last 11 years has a pretty good idea of what life without Ryan looks like. 

PokerSteve and Geneaut like this

11 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Only truly garbage time we have had has been the last few drives of the Minny game and the last drive of the Tennesse game. The garbage time narrative is a little dumb, Indy, Houston, and Arizona were one-possession games in the fourth quarter where we needed the defense to make a stop with plenty of time left to give us a chance to tie or take the lead. 

Everybody does realize that outside of the Philly game we have only played with a lead for roughly just 15 minutes in all the other games combined? So out of 300 minutes we were behind or tied for 285 of them.

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Everybody does realize that outside of the Philly game we have only played with a lead for roughly just 15 minutes in all the other games combined? So out of 300 minutes we were behind or tied for 285 of them.

Playing from behind and garbage time are two different things though. Not sure if you are insinuating that they are the same.

Edited by Dr Long Shot
TNFalcon1 and ki46dinah like this

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

Playing from behind and garbage time are two different things though. Not sure if you are insinuating that they are the same or not. 

No I agree with what you said about garbage time stats, but most of the armchair football trolls on here consider just being behind as garbage time. They use that narrative to bash Ryan every chance they get. I'm just pointing out we are almost always behind due to getting jumped on early because of our garbage defense.

Dr Long Shot likes this

3 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

So, any time we are behind, it's garbage time.  A team is up 3, time to give up yards and transition into a prevent defense to keep the clock running with all plays in front of them.  

Are you our Defensive Coordinator?  

1 minute ago, TNFalcon1 said:

No I agree with what you said about garbage time stats, but most of the armchair football trolls on here consider just being behind as garbage time. They use that narrative to bash Ryan every chance they get. I'm just pointing out we are almost always behind due to getting jumped on early because of our garbage defense.

Agreed, garbage time to me is when you are down multiple possessions with under two minutes left and the opposing team is basically in a prevent zone waiting for the clock to wind down. Happened in Miny and against Tenessee and also the very last drive against Houston which ended in a Ryan INT. If you take away those numbers you still have Matt Ryan amongst the very top of the NFL in every single category. 

TNFalcon1 likes this

19 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Never knew showing actual concern for our quarterback Matt Ryan would get me called a troll.  Just shows me how much winning is important over the health of players.  Especially with what injuries have done to this team.

Because of all the trolling related to Ryan's arm strength, it's hard to tell if you are serious or not.  My question would be what measuring tools are you using that indicates he has less arm speed, or throwing it with less velocity than year prior?  If you're just "eye testing", that doesn't really give you much of a leg to stand on.  

19 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

All slop yards...  Teams playing cushy defense after getting out to 21 point leads.  How else could you account for a ton of yards, completions and interceptions with a 1 - 5 team?

If that was the case all QBs on bad teams should be leading the league in stats.

Other QBs have surpassed and are catching up to Ryan's 7 ints now since he isn't throwing ints as much. Seems like Ryan has gotten those multiple int games out of his system.

TNFalcon1 likes this

51 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I think Miami the last 11 years has a pretty good idea of what life without Ryan looks like. 

Green Bay does too...

17 hours ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Thanks captain obvious.    Thats what happens with a trash defense and special teams......you generally play from behind. 

So why crow about the numbers? I'm placing context. Appreciate the nom de plume.

17 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Imagine how ugly those games would have been had we been that far behind and Matt DID NOT perform as well as he has. Matt Ryan, overall, may be the difference between us and the Miami Dolphins. 

Pretty losses, early in the game is when you need second half Matt Ryan. Why isnt' that happening if the defense is bad all game?

Ryan has never been the pinnacle of physical ability. This was known at the time of the draft. However if all you needed to succeed in the NFL at the Quarterback position was “Elite” physical traits then players like Jamarcus Russell, Mike Vick etc. would have accomplished at least what Ryan has accomplished. Which is definitely not the case. 

3 hours ago, ant.accurate said:

So why crow about the numbers? I'm placing context. Appreciate the nom de plume.

You're welcome. Because you implied like so many others that any time the Falcons are behind it is garbage time. 

3 hours ago, ant.accurate said:

Pretty losses, early in the game is when you need second half Matt Ryan. Why isnt' that happening if the defense is bad all game?

Why is it all on Matt Ryan? Didn't know there were 11 Matt Ryan's playing offense and then another drawing up the game plan and calling the plays. **** how could I have missed all that?