Realsurfin

Matt Ryan ball speed.

68 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Actually I was serious.  Matt is the kind of guy that would keep on playing even if he was hurt.  Especially when we are having bad times.  All noodle arm jokes aside.

Don’t ever say that again...we know you’re not serious 

5 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Actually I was serious.  Matt is the kind of guy that would keep on playing even if he was hurt.  Especially when we are having bad times.  All noodle arm jokes aside.

We know you are serious. That's the problem. 

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

He looked a little off early in season.

But looks like his usual good self now.

30-36/356/4TDs.....what’s not to like?

Last 4 games,

• 126/169 (74.6%), 1387 YDS (8.2), 10 TD, 2 INT, 113.2 QB Rating

What's the problem? I just don't understand how Matt Ryan is playing like that and the Falcons are 0-4.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Leading the league in TDs, #2 in yards, #2 completion percentage, #7 QBR, #10 yards per attempt....

But yeah, let's keep looking for issues with Matt...:rolleyes:

he might set the league record for yards, completions, and %...

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Last 4 games,

What's the problem? I just don't understand how Matt Ryan is playing like that and the Falcons are 0-4.

What's truly unbelievable is that he's on track for Patrick Mahomes like numbers and personal highs in TDs, Passing yards and completion percentage but the team won't sniff the playoffs. Passing offense will once again be top 5-6 in the league.

This after just having the greatest season by any QB that missed the playoffs. The rest of the team outside the passing offense must REALLY suck.

Vandy and Falconsfan567 like this

On 10/14/2019 at 9:24 PM, XXVIII-III said:

Dude, this has been diagnosed as “noodle arm” ages ago...

:lol:

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

What's truly unbelievable is that he's on track for Patrick Mahomes like numbers and personal highs in TDs, Passing yards and completion percentage but the team won't sniff the playoffs. Passing offense will once again be top 5-6 in the league.

This after just having the greatest season by any QB that missed the playoffs. The rest of the team outside the passing offense must REALLY suck.

It is tough when the opposing team gets points on literally almost every possession. People keep saying he is getting "garbage time stats" but against the Colts, Texans, and Cardinals we were down 17 and he made the games either 1 possession games or tied it up.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Leading the league in TDs, #2 in yards, #2 completion percentage, #7 QBR, #10 yards per attempt....

But yeah, let's keep looking for issues with Matt...:rolleyes:

All this, while playing from behind and the opposing Defense knowing we have to be throwing to catch up. Matt is a wonderful QB.

Nothing wrong with Matt Ryan, Falcons just need to play Big 12 Football the rest of the season and be like Baylor, outscore their opponents since we basically have no defense, Just try and score 70 every game and let Ryan call the plays, and go no huddle. Let run of 6 or 7 wins a row here and get this ship back on course. Fun and gun, we dont need no stinking defense. How would Carolina keep up, Tampa Bay, etc... they couldnt. Just run the defense in the ground they stink anyways so let them stay on the field. 2 minute offense every drive. Let's go. First one to 80 wins. 

Edited by Refried Beans

14 minutes ago, MondayNightRedman said:

It is tough when the opposing team gets points on literally almost every possession. People keep saying he is getting "garbage time stats" but against the Colts, Texans, and Cardinals we were down 17 and he made the games either 1 possession games or tied it up.

If Only  Brady thought 28-3 was garbage stat. You play to win the game and score. 

Just run the offense wide open the rest of the season, spread sets where teams have to match up athlete for athlete. Ridley, Hooper, Julio, and Sanu. 2 minute offense straight down the field for 60 minutes straight. Lets make our offense our defense. How would Carolina run the football is they were having to keep up with us in a shooting match, they would have no choice but to throw. 

Edited by Refried Beans

I wonder what kind of stats Matt would have had if he had enjoyed the same Offensive Coordinator for many years in a row like Payton had and Brady, Brees and Rogers still have.  Changing schemes and coordinators as many times as we have would have negatively impacted ANY quarterback. Add a consistently decent defense and Matt probably has two rings. 

Refried Beans likes this

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Last 4 games,

Because outside of Ryan we suck on both O line and D backs. Duh.

24 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Just run the offense wide open the rest of the season, spread sets where teams have to match up athlete for athlete. Ridley, Hooper, Julio, and Sanu. 2 minute offense straight down the field for 60 minutes straight. Lets make our offense our defense. How would Carolina run the football is they were having to keep up with us in a shooting match, they would have no choice but to throw. 

Are we in physical shape to maintain this stamina? :shrug:

11 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Are we in physical shape to maintain this stamina? :shrug:

I think so, as long as we are not rushing to the line every play. You can get to the ball and take your time with the snap, keep the defense off balance by running the play clock down some times, snapping it quick sometimes.

I guess my worries are just that.  Matt if your reading this... be safe.

And I do think Matty should get his shoulder checked yearly. If I was his dad I would make him.  To err on the safe side is better than waiting until you have an issue.

Edited by Realsurfin

52 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

I guess my worries are just that.  Matt if your reading this... be safe.

And I do think Matty should get his shoulder checked yearly. If I was his dad I would make him.  To err on the safe side is better than waiting until you have an issue.

I'm guessing the medical staff of the Falcons keep a pretty good eye on his shoulder.

marvinthemartian likes this

18 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

All slop yards...  Teams playing cushy defense after getting out to 21 point leads.  How else could you account for a ton of yards, completions and interceptions with a 1 - 5 team?

You’re wasting your time, the advanced stats support you. They’ll never admit it.

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattryan/310/situationalstats

The majority of his numbers have been generated coming from behind and in the second half of games this year. This is not debatable .

33 minutes ago, ant.accurate said:

You’re wasting your time, the advanced stats support you. They’ll never admit it.

The majority of his numbers have been generated coming from behind and in the second half of games this year. This is not debatable .

Imagine how ugly those games would have been had we been that far behind and Matt DID NOT perform as well as he has. Matt Ryan, overall, may be the difference between us and the Miami Dolphins. 

No need for an evaluation -we know the stats  30-36/356/4TDs-those stats mean nothing to me wins and losses do 1-5 man 1-5

Matt is a capable QB with below average arm strength im more concerned about his decision making. Im not going to complain about Matt Hes not going anywhere no need.

You sure can tell the difference in Matt's throws vs say Kyler Murray-that kid has a cannon,-saw him rifle a few balls flat footed and I thought Matt couldn't make that throw if he had 5-6 seconds and a clean pocket

That's My Quarterback …...TO FACE

51 minutes ago, ant.accurate said:

Thanks captain obvious.    Thats what happens with a trash defense and special teams......you generally play from behind. 

12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Last 4 games,

It's mind boggling... Our defense this year is as BAD as our 2016 offense was good.

13 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Last 4 games,

Break down the defensive stats and there is your answer.