Arkridge

How Would You Feel About Daniel Jeremiah As Our New GM?

38 posts in this topic

While it isn’t a foregone conclusion that TD is out when/if Quinn is out but it’s a real possibility. I’m of the opinion that you wipe the entire thing and if they do, I think Daniel Jeremiah is an under the radar candidate.

He was already getting some buzz around some sort of position with the Jets this offseason and with Mayock getting the Raiders gig I think DJ is “next up” regarding media members. I love his talent evaluation and philosophies regarding team building.

On his podcast a week or so back he described Atlanta as a team with major talent but no identity/direction and said if there was a GM/Coaching change that it would undoubtedly be a coveted position because there are already pieces in place and a good draft pick incoming it seems.

Could DJ be one of those potential candidates and how would you feel about him as potential GM of the Atlanta Falcons next year? I’d personally love a Daniel Jeremiah / Eric Beinemy pairing.. or DJ / Josh McDaniel.

Edited by Arkridge
Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Lol come on man, don't make us a bigger joke than we already are

Is it really that outlandish? There was talk of his as a candidate last year with New York and his media buddy Mayock just got a job not long ago.. he used to work for both Philly and Baltimore as a scout. 

2 minutes ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Jeremiah has been a pretty good scout but if we were to go the route of hiring  a GM from the television ranks I would rather have Louis Riddick. He has solid scouting and front office experience. 

I like Louis Riddick too. I also like Bucky Brooks but I think he’d be a very unpopular potential candidate.

My favourite thing the whole draft process is watching Bill Polian make these soughts cringe when he put his view or comments towards the mentioned if he didn’t agreed with them especially Todd McShay.

Love it.

PokerSteve likes this

6 minutes ago, boss said:

Why not look at Lynch in San Fran & Mayock  in Oakland

My thoughts exactly. I think media / former player hires are going to become prevalent in the near future.

I actually like the idea. He played QB for Appalachian State in the 90s and served as a scout for the Ravens, Browns, and Eagles. So he's got playing experience and he's got actual NFL experience to apply to the job.

thajames and Arkridge like this

TD will still be GM....

Quinn had more control of the draft and Free Agency.

I think Blank will not fire TD, and the will be "the insider media rumour" why....

If the next coach is a big name brand. He may be given more control though.

Harbaugh, McCarthy McDaniels, or Ryan.

It could be an assistant from "The Shanny Tree" that is not on The 49ers, Rams, Packers, or Bengals (lol and The Falcons allowed all of these to leave after The Super Bowl. It would be hilarious if they have to get an assistant of say..a Matt LaFleur), Then, TD might assist more with picks.

Speculation guess on my part.

I dont think anyone in Atlanta would get excited about Ryan or McDaniels, Blank doesnt need to hire a retread. He is going to have to get it right this time. Harbaugh would not work well with Falcons front office and McCarthy was another coach that won becasue of the talent he had and not his coaching. Rodgers exposed this last year. Gotta go with David Shaw out of Stanford, he is Harbaugh without the drama. And then pick Ed Dodds as GM/Team President and like you said you can keep TD to be the media guy and cap manager while Dodds and Shaw build the roster. 

GhostofGritz likes this

14 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Only person I want from TV land is Charley Casserly

I'd take Louis RIddick

14 hours ago, Arkridge said:

I like Louis Riddick too. I also like Bucky Brooks but I think he’d be a very unpopular potential candidate.

AGREED

Edited by KCFalcon22

19 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Go park a convoy of brinks truck in front of Peyton Manning’s mansion. Make him president of football operations and start from there...

I mean, why not?!?!?!  Elway was pretty successful in Denver with Peyton....I know, I KNOW, Ryan ain't no Elway....or is he....could he be? 
Plus, we could make Eli the OC....LOL!

Edited by FalconJim
falcons007 and PokerSteve like this