Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think that Dan Quinn could fix the defense in the 2020 draft/free agency?

58 posts in this topic

I realize that we will probably never know the answer to this question unfortunately but do you think Dan Quinn could fix the defense in the 2020 offseason? In 2019 we had to address the offensive line and had to ignore the defensive line. The Falcons could draft a couple of pass rushers maybe get some secondary help in free agency. Cut Vic Bustley and Trucan't. Maybe others. Arthur Blank could tell Falcons fans a coaching change is not needed we'll fix it in the offseason. Make some big splashes in FA to get fans excited and ticket sales back up. Do you guys think DQ and TD could fix the defense in the 2020 offseason? Are there any pass rushers or secondary players that you see that could make an immediate impact you see in the draft or free agency? Your thoughts?

These are players that DQ wanted, and beside Neal who is hurt, everyone else is pretty much healthy correct?  Last year there were a lot of injuries and the defense played better down the stretch.  This year everyone is relatively healthy and the defense can't stop anyone.  This is with Quinn getting the full FA, draft, training camp, etc... to work with.  I don't see any reason to think that Quinn can do better than what he is doing now beside being lucky.  I mean it's not like he had a lot of adversity to overcome this year.

GhostofGritz and PokerSteve like this

5 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

Dan Quinn will have alot of time to fix things in 2020, it just won‘t be with the Falcons.

But really, how can we say that with any authority?  We don't know what kind of relationship Blank has with Dan Quinn, or how much leeway he will give him, going forward.  I mean, if we show any signs of coming back this year, he could be here the rest of this season, and maybe, next!  Just a thought --- 

2 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

But really, how can we say that with any authority?  We don't know what kind of relationship Blank has with Dan Quinn, or how much leeway he will give him, going forward.  I mean, if we show any signs of coming back this year, he could be here the rest of this season, and maybe, next!  Just a thought --- 

Looking back on the Falcons since Blank bought the team, we are exactly at the point where Blank would want to move on from his HC. And I have not seen or heard him ever committing to Quinn in a way that would have DQ survive multiple terrible years in a row. 

Considering that business has a negative outlook as well (who will buy season tickets in 2020 with DQ still around), the new fancy stadium basically empty already, I fail to see how Blank the businessman as well as Blank the sports team owner has any loyalty left to DQ.

4 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

Looking back on the Falcons since Blank bought the team, we are exactly at the point where Blank would want to move on from his HC. And I have not seen or heard him ever committing to Quinn in a way that would have DQ survive multiple terrible years in a row. 

Considering that business has a negative outlook as well (who will buy season tickets in 2020 with DQ still around), the new fancy stadium basically empty already, I fail to see how Blank the businessman as well as Blank the sports team owner has any loyalty left to DQ.

You may be right about Blank not having much loyalty left for Quinn....who knows?!?!?!  But, I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple terrible years".  Personally, I wouldn't say that about Quinn.  Sure, 7&9 last year wasn't great, but hardly what I would consider "terrible".  Let us remember the back-to-back winning seasons we had never had, then the back-to-back-to back winning seasons, all under Coach Quinn, and of course, a SB? 
I don't mean to sound like an apologist for him, because this team is pretty bad right now and that all falls on the HC's shoulders....just trying to give him credit for some pretty dang good years with our Falcons, and arguably, the best time to be a Falcons Fan in many, MANY years!  

kiwifalcon likes this

Draft -power reduced.

He is going to have faith in a average Free Agent on the O-Line and D-Line.

Then, draft that Safety from L.S.U. or CB #4 or #5.

I know he can train D+linemen like Jarrett, but there is a small chance to find a "steal". 

Then, he probably will not be the D.C .next-season.

That #3-#6 pick should be considered 3 players a d positions only:

DE Chase Young from Ohio State

OT from U.G.A.

NT Brown from Auburn

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I realize that we will probably never know the answer to this question unfortunately but do you think Dan Quinn could fix the defense in the 2020 offseason? In 2019 we had to address the offensive line and had to ignore the defensive line. The Falcons could draft a couple of pass rushers maybe get some secondary help in free agency. Cut Vic Bustley and Trucan't. Maybe others. Arthur Blank could tell Falcons fans a coaching change is not needed we'll fix it in the offseason. Make some big splashes in FA to get fans excited and ticket sales back up. Do you guys think DQ and TD could fix the defense in the 2020 offseason? Are there any pass rushers or secondary players that you see that could make an immediate impact you see in the draft or free agency? Your thoughts?

Fix it?  He ruined it!   I want him no where near the war room on draft day. For that matter the same holds for Dimitroff... Hopefully both of those losers are long gone before that... 

Edited by joeyg2033
Flying Falcon likes this

He has had 5 years to get this defense fixed and has failed so why give him more time? He’s proven to be incompetent and doesn’t deserve another year to get it right. This is the job for the next head coach and hopefully next GM. 

Flying Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, FalconJim said:

This team will win maybe 3 more games this year at most. So who takes the blame for a 4-12 year? Quinn has had fall guys for all his failures. Can't escape it this year. If we had anyone on this team who spoke out and voiced their frustrations his firing would have been expedited. 

FalconJim likes this

2 hours ago, FalconJim said:

You may be right about Blank not having much loyalty left for Quinn....who knows?!?!?!  But, I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple terrible years".  Personally, I wouldn't say that about Quinn.  Sure, 7&9 last year wasn't great, but hardly what I would consider "terrible".  Let us remember the back-to-back winning seasons we had never had, then the back-to-back-to back winning seasons, all under Coach Quinn, and of course, a SB? 
I don't mean to sound like an apologist for him, because this team is pretty bad right now and that all falls on the HC's shoulders....just trying to give him credit for some pretty dang good years with our Falcons, and arguably, the best time to be a Falcons Fan in many, MANY years!  

Point of order. Our first back to back winning seasons were 08-09. 

Zzzzz likes this

13 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Best time to be Falcons fan? Seriously?

2015 was terrible because we went from 5-0 to 6-7 against the easiest part of our schedule

2016 was great but ending in the worst memory any sport fan could ever have

2017 was ok

2018 was just disappointing and we were more a 4-12 then a 7-9 team, so many losing streaks

2019 is just 2003/2007 bad but without the excuse of having no QB

Overall DQ gave me some of the worst memories. The 2015 collapse, the Superbowl collapse and the overall collapse of coaching since 2018.

I will have a party the day he gets fired.

DQ bet it all on Vic Beasley and Tak and they blow so time to start over. But we also new blood needed in Falcons front office and scouting department. We need someone to hold our scouts accountable. Ed Dodds GM/Team President and let Dodds pick the coach. TD can stay and run the cap, but let Dodds make the picks. I personally would like Dodds as GM/Team President and David Shaw as coach. But we shall see where this goes after the bye week. I dont think Blank wants a complete rebuild becasue he really does want a Lombardi before he kicks the bucket. Dodds and Shaw will be able to do this the quickest. With someone like Lincoln Riley you would have a complete rebuild of philosophy, staff etc...

14 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Can pigs fly backwards?