Spts1

Mortensen " Blank says Quinn must show progress before week 9 bye "

113 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Define “improvement”, because that vagueness doesn’t sound like a mandate for wins.

Holding teams under 500 yard a game, keeping the Rams under 40?

Unbelievable. Like a guy taking back his girlfriend after she cheated and laying out ultimatums. You've already made up your mind so just break up. 

The season is already over. Blank knows this is about next year. He'll get that reality check with those very empty seats on Sunday.

3 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

I just heard Blank say that DQ will be a Falcon for life. 

/purple 

If I were DQ I would be very nervous and only meet AB in public well lit places .... 

JDaveG likes this

He is gone... after next week also we need to fire TD.. and get our GM in place before the trade window closes... we need to trade some players and get picks to get our D al least serviceable..

15 minutes ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

If I were DQ I would be very nervous and only meet AB in public well lit places .... 

I heard It was on his private jet with chicken tenders. 

Flying Falcon likes this

5 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Define “improvement”, because that vagueness doesn’t sound like a mandate for wins.

Holding teams under 500 yard a game, keeping the Rams under 40?

On the plus side, we're getting the Rams at the perfect time. They're a mess right now.

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

Can y’all wait until after Thanksgiving to fire Quinn? I’m not a fan of playing teams that just fired their HC, they tend to play more inspired. :ninja:

You realize all logic goes out the window with the Falcons right? 

That being said fire Quinn before the Saints game Y’all drop a 70 burger on us.

Iron Saint and Ergo Proxy like this

2 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

You realize all logic goes out the window with the Falcons right? 

That being said fire Quinn before the Saints game Y’all drop a 70 burger on us.

As it does with us. :lol:

But I will gladly accept a 70 burger if it’s on the table! 

At this point, Quinn has to go into the bye 4-5(maybe 3-6) to coach beyond it, and finish no worse than 10-6 to keep his job.

Would assume his defense is going to need to be dominant to show some sign of improvement and that our offense isn't just carrying us.

If he can do that, he's still going to need an overhaul on defense to cool his hot seat as this defense under him is putrid. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

14 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Oh, I would not be surprised at all to see Quinn last the entire season!!!  Besides, that's been Blank's M.O. all along....to wait until season's end to make a coaching change. 

Too bad he doesn't wait until the end of the season to make contract extensions, but he falls in love with his players like a moron.

FalconJim likes this

9 hours ago, jidady said:

On the plus side, we're getting the Rams at the perfect time. They're a mess right now.

Same for all the teams that sucked before they played us.  The Titans had just got killes by the Jags, and even the Cards coming off a win were still a 1-win team.

Flying Falcon and Ergo Proxy like this

7 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

At this point, Quinn has to go into the bye 4-5(maybe 3-6) to coach beyond it, and finish no worse than 10-6 to keep his job.

Would assume his defense is going to need to be dominant to show some sign of improvement and that our offense isn't just carrying us.

If he can do that, he's still going to need an overhaul on defense to cool his hot seat as this defense under him is putrid. 

This team may not win another game, 10-6 is like some lottery pipe dream.

Flying Falcon likes this

10 hours ago, jidady said:

No more a mess than us.

15 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Right.  I mean, to me if the offense hangs 50 on someone and we win 50-44, that's regression (from the last game, I guess it's improvement over that steaming road apple they dropped in Houston though).

We haven't had a sack in three consecutive games (last time that happened to a Falcons team was 8 years ago) knowing this was a major concern going into the off season...not a good look

JDaveG likes this

15 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It does one thing.

It gives you a head start on the coaching search.

Does it? The Falcons kept Smitty through the year and didn't fire him until afterwards and still got their guy in DQ.

13 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

He is gone... after next week also we need to fire TD.. and get our GM in place before the trade window closes... we need to trade some players and get picks to get our D al least serviceable..

You cant hire a GM in Mid season, unless he's sitting at home unemployed..and no team is going to let you talk to their people during the season either

13 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

4CC0DC55-8F3C-480B-BECF-2345BE3AC210.jpeg.68f6694e9cf843be0585f583d3e0875c.jpeg

CDC49103-F574-43BA-89A1-3177874179E4.jpeg.27d859fcb0709bb72cadab6e0f022dff.jpeg

This tells the whole story beautifully........honestly at this point though, I blv I would go ahead and relieve both DQ and TD.  Let anyone who’s willing coach out string.   Heck Matt R can handle his own offense and D isn’t being coached effectively anyway so they can let anyone call the D.   Maybe draw a few lucky fans out of hat and let them each call a play......no worse than the ostrich race gimmick at old Fulton county the Braves ran back in the day.   

41 minutes ago, vel said:

Does it? The Falcons kept Smitty through the year and didn't fire him until afterwards and still got their guy in DQ.

So is this an argument for or against?

Because it's looking like they didn't get the right guy.

Smitty only had 2 losing seasons and unless there is a miracle Quinn is going to only have 2 winning seasons.

13 hours ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

When Art finally pulls the trigger, he should have a couple goons drive up to FB in a huge black sedan, tell Quinn “boss wants to see you”, and toss him in the back.  He needs to start earning that Godfather nickname

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

So is this an argument for or against?

Because it's looking like they didn't get the right guy.

Smitty only had 2 losing seasons and unless there is a miracle Quinn is going to only have 2 winning seasons.

Subjective. They got the guy they wanted. Keeping Smitty didn't prevent or hinder their HC search. That's my point. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

5 minutes ago, vel said:

Subjective. They got the guy they wanted. Keeping Smitty didn't prevent or hinder their HC search. That's my point. 

True but Smitty was also still in the hunt for the division in the last game of the season.... and Blank told him before that game he was going to be fired.

So you could he was fired before the end of the season. 

Can Quinn replicate Smitty's 5-1 division record in his last season?  I doubt it.  Not with this record setting defense.