Spts1

Mortensen " Blank says Quinn must show progress before week 9 bye "

113 posts in this topic

Here’s the key question:  under what scenario does Quinn turn it around?? His scheme is a flop, he handed $13m to Beasley in a deal so horrible that it makes the Jon Koncak deal look good, half the team doesn’t even try anymore, the defensive players he drafted don’t fit the scheme, the city will never forgive him for SB51, etc.   Just fire him and move on.  Had we lost the ‘16 NFCCG he would have been gone a year ago

GhostofGritz and Flying Falcon like this

13 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Oh, I would not be surprised at all to see Quinn last the entire season!!!  Besides, that's been Blank's M.O. all along....to wait until season's end to make a coaching change. 

Thats before he invested 1/2 billion into 5 players.  Blank has to be steaming that he has paid out that kind of loot and gotten these returns...

Hard2BaBirdWachr and FalconJim like this

You guys do realize that's against the Rams, Seahawks, and Saints, right?  It will be hard for us to show progress over the course of the next 3 weeks.

25 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Quinn's getting fired one way or the other.

He's got to beat one or both of the next two teams in order to make it to the Saints game.

It's so bad this season that I'm not even mad about how good the Saints and Panthers are doing. 

We've got too many problems to even care about them.

Arthur Blank worries too much about how firing DQ during the season will look like... he ignores that all experts agree that DQ is coaching the worst the NFL has seen in a decade... people are dissecting dozens if defense plays and ridiculing the Falcons that it goes on week after week after week... if the owner ignores that and does nothing, it actually looks worse not firing the HC... now I realize that with this statement he prepares everyone for a move during the bye week but Blank needs to do it with more authority... I hope this is at least done internally.

there was an improvement in the second half but still not enough...we need to improve from that vs the Rams and play much better.

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

If already posted, my bad.  Mortensen of ESPN said that Blank said he must show improvement by week 9 or else...

Blank business talk. My guess is he’s already made his decision and has amazon or whoever helped hire Quinn already on task

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The bye week is my prediction too but where is the direct quote from Blank? 

Exactly, want proof at this point of what Blank is actually saying.

The media has been this and that about Quinn getting fired for the past week or so and it keeps on changing.

ya_boi_j likes this

Considering the situation inside the stadium - half of the people not even there, another quarter somewhere in the stadium, only a quarter on their seats - a destruction by the hands if the Rams would probably force Blanks hand sooner than he wants.

The attending quarter should collectively leave the stadium if the Rams go ahead by 3 scores. There would be no way Blank can not fire DQ after that.

18 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

It's so bad this season that I'm not even mad about how good the Saints and Panthers are doing. 

We've got too many problems to even care about them.

You're not mad?!?!?!  Man, I AM!!!  With Breesus and Scam out for some period of time, we had a real chance to do some serious damage in the NFCS, and we've wet the bed!!!   :argh: 

Edited by FalconJim
Iron Saint likes this

Just fire DQ now.  Does anyone really expect the defense to improve under Quinn?  Try to save the season.  I know it would be difficult because of the hole we're in but in my opinion our only hope this year is to fire DQ now and see if one of the other coaches can do something with this defense.  Our offense is scoring enough points to keep us in the games if the defense would just improve a little.  What do you have lose? Sitting at 1-5, it is possible to go on a run but it's obvious that DQ has no clue how to fix the defense so fire DQ and see if someone else on the staff can.

2 minutes ago, RDU_Falcon said:

Just fire DQ now.  Does anyone really expect the defense to improve under Quinn?  Try to save the season.  I know it would be difficult because of the hole we're in but in my opinion our only hope this year is to fire DQ now and see if one of the other coaches can do something with this defense.  Our offense is scoring enough points to keep us in the games if the defense would just improve a little.  What do you have lose? Sitting at 1-5, it is possible to go on a run but it's obvious that DQ has no clue how to fix the defense so fire DQ and see if someone else on the staff can.

Considering it hasn't improved in the last five seasons, it seems unlikely we suddenly flip a switch right now.

RDU_Falcon likes this

The most important reason to fire DQ during the season is to have our players - most of whom will be around in 2020 for various reasons - can show that the fault was not in them but the scheme. We need to give the new HC video material to evaluate players. Having only material on 16 games of DQ failed scheme has only limited value.

RDU_Falcon likes this

49 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Quinn's getting fired one way or the other.

He's got to beat one or both of the next two teams in order to make it to the Saints game.

If we get curb-stomped by the Rams I just don't see how Quinn will make it to the Seahawks.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Define “improvement”, because that vagueness doesn’t sound like a mandate for wins.

Holding teams under 500 yard a game, keeping the Rams under 40?

Lol. His last game as a head coach of the Falcons will most likely be getting torched by Pete Carroll and the Seahawks ironically. After the game Dan will probably ask Pete for a job back with the Seahawks. 

1 minute ago, Herr Beast said:

The most important reason to fire DQ during the season is to have our players - most of whom will be around in 2020 for various reasons - can show that the fault was not in them but the scheme. We need to give the new HC video material to evaluate players. Having only material on 16 games of DQ failed scheme has only limited value.

Agree!

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

I mean guys what did you expect him to say? He's not canning him now. Makes no sense before the bye week. If they look absolutely inept the next two weeks, he's obviously gone. But right now he's coaching for his job. The next two weeks are auditioning to coach beyond the bye week. After that, it's coaching through the year. End up with a winning season and he'll be back because that will be VERY impressive. 

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

If we get curb-stomped by the Rams I just don't see how Quinn will make it to the Seahawks.

he knows the Seahawks better than an interim coach does.

12 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Exactly, want proof at this point of what Blank is actually saying.

The media has been this and that about Quinn getting fired for the past week or so and it keeps on changing.

Yeah. I mean at this point Mortenson is saying the exact thing most of us are thinking. Gotta hear it out of Blanks mouth