Spts1

Mortensen " Blank says Quinn must show progress before week 9 bye "

113 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Define “improvement”, because that vagueness doesn’t sound like a mandate for wins.

Holding teams under 500 yard a game, keeping the Rams under 40?

A "no show" rate of less than 50% for the Benz...

Edited by Goober Pyle

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Define “improvement”, because that vagueness doesn’t sound like a mandate for wins.

Right.  I mean, to me if the offense hangs 50 on someone and we win 50-44, that's regression (from the last game, I guess it's improvement over that steaming road apple they dropped in Houston though).

This is utterly stupid to say such a thing! This is more subjective than objective and would Mean whatever the F AB wants it to mean! SMH at such an idiotic thing to say! Means absolutely nothing! Just a statement to keep the money trough flowing, nothing more, nothing less!!! 

if any money spewing fan can’t see this for what it is....then keep giving Arthur your beans! Sheesh! 

this is borderline insulting to us working stiffs to keep feeding his yacht bank!!

Danm stupid if you ask me! 

Edited by roguebeaver

9 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Quinn's getting fired one way or the other.

He's got to beat one or both of the next two teams in order to make it to the Saints game.

11 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Under 30 pts and a defensive player with in 5 yards of receiver catching the ball? That should do..

22 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

If already posted, my bad.  Mortensen of ESPN said that Blank said he must show improvement by week 9 or else...

Sounds pretty vague to me!  What does Blank consider "improvement"?!?!?! 
I Win? --- 2 Wins?  Just closer games?!?!?!  Inquiring minds want to know --- 

PokerSteve likes this

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Quinn's getting fired one way or the other.

He's got to beat one or both of the next two teams in order to make it to the Saints game.

What a thought!  Going into the Aints game, after just firing our HC --- what an embarrassment that would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :( They would be laughing their arsks off... 

Just now, Drvillain said:

Sounds like everyone is going to keep guessing each week to try and be right. Don’t be surprised if Quinn lasts the entire season

Oh, I would not be surprised at all to see Quinn last the entire season!!!  Besides, that's been Blank's M.O. all along....to wait until season's end to make a coaching change. 

Drvillain and Flying Falcon like this

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

What a thought!  Going into the Aints game, after just firing our HC --- what an embarrassment that would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :( They would be laughing their arsks off... 

As opposed to the owner going on the air during the live broadcast of the game and saying that the Head Coach has told him that he's going to be there for the long haul.... only for said coach to show up on said network, less than 24 hours later, being hired as the Head Coach for a college and then doing a pig chant?

Yeah... as far as embarrassments go this wouldn't even register.

Good chance if we lose either of the next 2 weeks at all, he is gone during entering Bye week.

If we lose competitive games to Rams and Seahawks at home and go to 1-7...how does he stay?

Sun Tzu 7 likes this

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

As opposed to the owner going on the air during the live broadcast of the game and saying that the Head Coach has told him that he's going to be there for the long haul.... only for said coach to show up on said network, less than 24 hours later, being hired as the Head Coach for a college and then doing a pig chant?

Yeah... as far as embarrassments go this wouldn't even register.

Yeah, that was pretty BAD!!!  But you have to consider the source --- imo, this would be almost as bad, considering how much I despise the Taints!!! 

3 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I just heard Blank say that DQ will be a Falcon for life. 

/purple 

LOL!!!!!!!!!  
Good one!!! 

NWFALCON likes this