Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XXVIII-III

The Falcons Biggest Problem in Getting the Premier Offensive Minded HC: The Dallas Cowboys

16 posts in this topic

If Blank’s going to make a move, I hope he does it soon so we can start finding DQ’s replacement ASAP. I believe the Cowboys would be a more attractive job for the best available coaching candidates. Just gotta be honest...

He can't hire anyone from an NFL team until after the season, so rushing into it won't help anything.  

And if he's going to hire a college coach...well, get ready for another five years of mediocrity because that never works, bringing a coach up from college to the NFL.  

Lowndesfalc and thanat0s like this

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

LOL.

My mom would've won with that team after the Herschel trade.  

Don t worry, I edited to add more.

That said, We are proof all the talent in the world still needs coaching 

sdogg and PokerSteve like this

If a prospective HC thinks the Dallas Cowboys are the better team to coach, so be it. Do. Not. Want. The right HC for the Atlanta Falcons will be the guy who is excited about being the Falcons HC more than being the Cowboys HC or for any other NFL team.

sdogg and Flyin' In DC like this

45 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

^^^Jimmie Johnson, Pete Carroll, Bill Walsh, Tom Landry and Barry Switzer all disagree

Who’s the recent example?

Carroll coached the Jets and Pats before going to USC

UK13 likes this

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Who’s the recent example?

Carroll coached the Jets and Pats before going to USC

The almighty great Kliff

/purp

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

^^^Jimmie Johnson, Pete Carroll, Bill Walsh, Tom Landry and Barry Switzer all disagree

Outside of taking over Jimmie Johnson's roster to win the Cowboys last SB, Barry Switzer did not have much success in the NFL.

Tom Landry never coached in college. He retired as a player for the Giants and became their DC before becoming Cowboys HC.

Pete Carroll was a former 2 time NFL HC before becoming HC at USC.

Y’all are missing the point...which is that it was said “you can’t bring a college coach because that NEVER WORKS.” Now that that was disproven, it’s time to change the game I guess. :tiphat:

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

He can't hire anyone from an NFL team until after the season, so rushing into it won't help anything.  

And if he's going to hire a college coach...well, get ready for another five years of mediocrity because that never works, bringing a coach up from college to the NFL.  

Seattle?

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Didn't he earn his way onto a coaching staff first, fail as a HC, then go back to college for almost a decade before becoming a big success? Took him his 2nd gig to get to the postseason in NE and 3rd gig to become a SB winner. 

20 years between first HC gig and a SB appearance/win.

The rest are older stories, right?

Jpg428gggg likes this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Didn't he earn his way onto a coaching staff first, fail as a HC, then go back to college for almost a decade before becoming a big success? Took him his 2nd gig to get to the postseason in NE and 3rd gig to become a SB winner. 

20 years between first HC gig and a SB appearance/win.

The rest are older stories, right?

Heck, Belichick failed miserably at his first coaching job. It is not easy and sometimes it is easier to reset. Quinn may go on to be a great head coach. We just need a change and he does as well.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, XXVIII-III said:

If Blank’s going to make a move, I hope he does it soon so we can start finding DQ’s replacement ASAP. I believe the Cowboys would be a more attractive job for the best available coaching candidates. Just gotta be honest...

Yeah, completely disagree. Jerry Jones is not an ideal boss. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this