Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fuego

Should the Falcons fire Dan Quinn? Bill Barnwell ESPN

126 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fuego said:

I think Reeves was just coming into his own with Vick. I still think that was a bad move. 

I still feel like this Organization goes through way to many coaches. 

fuego, JDaveG and papachaz like this

16 hours ago, SPITFIRE said:

Eh.. Smitty had a bad track record in the playoffs though.. It was well known that even if we consistently make it to the playoffs we would fail to get past the first round. We have gone deeper into the playoffs twice under Quinn . 

Smitty got progressively farther each time.  HeII, he was a Harry "Two Left Feet" Douglas drop from SB47 vs a beatable old Ravens team.

falconsd56 likes this

16 hours ago, vel said:

DQ is the DC. The defensive coordinator of this team is doing a terrible job. They are the worst defense in the NFL. The previous DC was fired and replaced with the current DC because he was going to do a better job. He is failing at that. Hence, firing the DC is a no brainer. It just so happens to be the HC. DQ made this bet. He's losing it and at the same time losing his job in the process. The offense took their lumps but are finding their footing. If they win any games in the near future, it will be because of the offense scoring 50 points because 30 clearly doesn't cut it. 

Smitty got fired for less. He was 2-6 by the bye week. DQ is headed for a worse output with an easily more talented roster. 

Falcons coach Dan Quinn: ‘If we don’t stop beating ourselves, we can’t beat another team’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/falcons-coach-dan-quinn-if-we-dont-stop-beating-ourselves-we-cant-beat-another-team/ar-AAIM3Io

NO COACH!!!!! The other team is beating us, because your defense SUCKS!!!!!

15 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

@vel Another guy's take on variation of Cover-3?

This is my belief. I think its NOT cover 3 Sky and I think 59's action is the proof. Zone hand off would have occurred between him and 36, and 59 handles the flat. 59 just keeps on running like Forrest Gump.

Im fine being wrong if Im wrong. No biggy. Look at 45 and 27 dedicated to their zones. Why wasn't 59 dedicated to his zone? Unless we ran some absurd zone man combo, there is no reason for 59 to play man as he did.

Flying Falcon likes this

18 hours ago, SPITFIRE said:

Sure sure, and if we had tom brady we would have won multiple championships. See of stupid the "If" game is. 

I disagree, Tom Brady would have been in the same position Ryan has been in his entire career. Crappy defenses, and changing OC's every 3 years, is not conducive to winning.

Blank has hired 4 head coaches. 3 have been former DC's and our defense has pretty much sucked for 4 decades. It's been complete crap for the majority of Ryan's career, with a few mediocre outliers.

JDaveG and Flying Falcon like this

20 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

TD has assembled a team that should of won a SB and is widely regarded to be one of the most talented teams on paper. He's done a wonderful job with the cap as well. I don't see why he gets the axe.

This infatuation about firing TD is what I call “Irrational Exuberance”. TD is not responsible for the schemes and style of defense the team plays. He is not going anywhere and the fan base needs to chill. DQ’s defensive schemes are outdated.

3 hours ago, stingbee said:

This infatuation about firing TD is what I call “Irrational Exuberance”. TD is not responsible for the schemes and style of defense the team plays. He is not going anywhere and the fan base needs to chill. DQ’s defensive schemes are outdated.

They are not outdated though. 

Francis York Morgan likes this

5 hours ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I disagree, Tom Brady would have been in the same position Ryan has been in his entire career. Crappy defenses, and changing OC's every 3 years, is not conducive to winning.

Blank has hired 4 head coaches. 3 have been former DC's and our defense has pretty much sucked for 4 decades. It's been complete crap for the majority of Ryan's career, with a few mediocre outliers.

My point is that these if conditions are silly. 

papachaz likes this

6 hours ago, runshoot said:

This is my belief. I think its NOT cover 3 Sky and I think 59's action is the proof. Zone hand off would have occurred between him and 36, and 59 handles the flat. 59 just keeps on running like Forrest Gump.

Im fine being wrong if Im wrong. No biggy. Look at 45 and 27 dedicated to their zones. Why wasn't 59 dedicated to his zone? Unless we ran some absurd zone man combo, there is no reason for 59 to play man as he did.

Its not absurd. It looks like he is trying to get them to understand pattern match zone instead of spot dropping. They are supposed to drop then match post pattern distribution. Again I am not 100% sure this is just on cambell. Even though I think he is bad. This looks like one of shanny's plays the sail concept and you run the hb into the zone late. if this was spot drop 3 that would be cambell. If this is match 3 that would be whomever had weakside #1 needed to hand him off deon should carry the route cambell had and cambell lost zone integrity. Its just not 1 people the communication is bad. I believe this is what they tried to install in the offseason and the communication issue was never resolved. 

Francis York Morgan likes this

21 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

Its not absurd. It looks like he is trying to get them to understand pattern match zone instead of spot dropping. They are supposed to drop then match post pattern distribution. Again I am not 100% sure this is just on cambell. Even though I think he is bad. This looks like one of shanny's plays the sail concept and you run the hb into the zone late. if this was spot drop 3 that would be cambell. If this is match 3 that would be whomever had weakside #1 needed to hand him off deon should carry the route cambell had and cambell lost zone integrity. Its just not 1 people the communication is bad. I believe this is what they tried to install in the offseason and the communication issue was never resolved. 

Whenever they turn their backs and run to the spot, it's a wrap.

papachaz likes this

7 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Falcons coach Dan Quinn: ‘If we don’t stop beating ourselves, we can’t beat another team’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/falcons-coach-dan-quinn-if-we-dont-stop-beating-ourselves-we-cant-beat-another-team/ar-AAIM3Io

NO COACH!!!!! The other team is beating us, because your defense SUCKS!!!!!

I agree with him though. People are losing responsibilities on incredibly simple plays. That's where almost all the big plays against us have come from.

JDaveG and falconsd56 like this

On 10/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, FinalScore2.0 said:

Like I asked in another thread, what exactly do people expect to change by firing Quinn right now?

Better press conferences?

papachaz likes this

10 hours ago, runshoot said:

That is Ish. Debo and Vondre have the middle with Kazee and Ish outside. Ish is just ******* gone.

Vandy likes this

18 hours ago, SPITFIRE said:

I still feel like this Organization goes through way to many coaches. 

I disagree, if anything they wait too long. 

3 hours ago, lee sunset said:

Said the same thing before 2008 season when he predicted Falcons would win one game.  Might be right this time...

Yeah but pretty much everybody said that in 08 including most Falcon fans. lol Of course then Matt Ryan makes his very  first NFL pass to Michael Jenkins for a seventy something  yard td against the Lions who proceed to have the first 0-16 season ever. 

I know that what I am about to say is probably going to get me flamed, but here goes anyway...

7 or 8 weeks ago, most everyone on this board was talking about how good this team is, how far in the playoffs we are going to go, if we would win the Super Bowl this year or next, how DQ is one of the best coaches this franchise has ever had, and now we (generally speaking) are wanting him to be fired mid-season. Let's not get things mixed up, I am not happy with a lot of the things going on with the team. I do believe that we have one of the most talented teams in the NFL, and our record should be way better than it is. I also recall how bad our Falcons looked in DQ's first year as HC here. My 2 cents, let him finish out the year and see what happens. I don't think that a coaching change at this point in the season will help us make a playoff or SB run, so let the season play out. I am still going to cheer on my Falcons every game that is televised, but I'm not going to be expecting much while watching. MY PHILOSOPHY FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR IS, EXPECT THE WORST AND HOPE FOR THE BEST...

On 10/14/2019 at 2:37 PM, falcons007 said:

AB should have fired DQ tonight.  at half time, and not let him on the team plane for the trip home

FIFY

19 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That is Ish. Debo and Vondre have the middle with Kazee and Ish outside. Ish is just ******* gone.

Watch the presnap motion by Ish. A live look at the play tells us more than the little computer generated graphic. This bust is clearly on 59.

35 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Watch the presnap motion by Ish. A live look at the play tells us more than the little computer generated graphic. This bust is clearly on 59.

To me it looks like ish thinks we are cover 4 and vondre thought cover 3

SPITFIRE likes this

40 minutes ago, runshoot said:

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

To me it looks like ish thinks we are cover 4 and vondre thought cover 3

Communication break down between the two. They are not playing as a team but bunch of individual players doing their own thing.

Ovie_Lover likes this

On 14/10/2019 at 10:50 PM, fuego said:

I think Reeves was just coming into his own with Vick. I still think that was a bad move. 

There had been heavy Reeves fatigue before Vick got to the team. The 9-6 season gave him some rope but after the disaster of 2003 everyone at the time seemed pretty happy with the decision to move on to a new coach. In retrospect and seeing how the whole Vick thing turned out it's easy to second guess it, but it was a very popular decision at the time. It's also very hypothetical as to whether Reeves being here would have kept Vick out of trouble. Let's not forget that during his first year starting Vick was on a rookie contract and had everything to prove. By 2004 you couldn't turn your head without seeing a Vick add, he had a massive contract and was a city and national darling. Reeves may not have been enough to keep his head from getting big. 

fuego likes this