MSalmon

Is Raheem Morris a legit long-term HC?

36 posts in this topic

Let’s say the Falcons dump the “quin-ner” early on due this embarrassing defense, what would you think of Morris as interim?

Is he a viable interim HC to evaluate for possible retainment after the season?

He had some ups and downs in Tampa. But the glasers are a strange bunch

11 minutes ago, shc said:

Bill Belichek disagrees with you

No comparison. BB was building a great team in CLE. They moved the team to Baltimore and the same blue print was foundation for Ravens winning SB 2000. Ozzie finished what BB started.

he continued that in NE and rest is history.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

No comparison. BB was building a great team in CLE. They moved the team to Baltimore and the same blue print was foundation for Ravens winning SB 2000. Ozzie finished what BB started.

he continued that in NE and rest is history.

What about Pete Carroll? He's on his 3rd NFL coaching job before finally finding success.

Only trouble is, who does Raheem know to coach both the offense and defense? Does he change from Dirk and get a different DC? Remain the DC this year?

As interim, he seems like the most logical HC option with Mularkey being the other.

Literally is called assistant head coach right now...

59 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What about Pete Carroll? He's on his 3rd NFL coaching job before finally finding success.

Pete Carroll had long record as DC and he spent 8 years at USC as HC after he was fired in NFL. Raheem Morris is no where close and I don’t want another rah rah guy.

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Pete Carroll had long record as DC and he spent 8 years at USC as HC after he was fired in NFL. Raheem Morris is no where close and I don’t want another rah rah guy.

I was just responding to the whole "if a guy gets fired then that means they suck" part. I don't want Raheem Morris either. I was just saying that guys have gotten fired and then had success at another job.

1989Fan and falcons007 like this

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I was just responding to the whole "if a guy gets fired then that means they suck" part. I don't want Raheem Morris either. I was just saying that guys have gotten fired and then had success at another job.

I know. Different circumstances and what they did after getting fired.

I am totally fine with Raheem being our interim HC and making a case for himself as the new HC. I also have no issue with his work with WRs, they all look fine.

He deserves a second chance in the NFL, maybe not with us long term but maybe for someone else. He has been a good soldier here and is most likely more mature than he was in his time with the Bucs.

5 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

1) Fire Quinn at the bye. (unless we miraculously go 2-0 vs. LA/Seattle)

2) Make Raheem interim.

3) Hire a GM. 

4) Let the GM decide on keeping Raheem or not, like GMs are supposed to do, and GTF out of the way of the GM and coach..

This.

I remember Raheem ran a very stingy defense when he was in Tampa. I'd like to see what he has to offer as the DC/HC here. Use games 9-16 as the interview. 

Emmitt likes this

The one intriguing argument for Raheem is that he has worked on both sides of the football. That should not be underestimated as with DQ it became crystal clear that he has no clue whatsoever about offense. He even made that official by essentially removing himself from anything but „his“ defense.

Also I kind if like giving a second chance to him because he didn‘t fail in Tampa because of failed X and O but because he just wasn‘t ready to be a HC.

If Q gets fired I think MM would do the best...he would likely come in, win a few games to push the draft pick back, then Korn-Ferry would recommend someone else for the job. :bang:

the other problem w firing Q is we have no DC. Maybe we could put RM there...but that’s a scheme change then, since he has been doing WRs.

Never should have let him do both in the first place...oh well, we all know what they say about hindsight 

one thing is for sure, it’s a friggin sht show!

Raheem is in the same meetings that aren't getting **** done this year. If he was worth his metal he would make his voice heard. I am sure DQ trusts him as the assistant Head Coach and would take his opinion into account. 

6 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Absolutely not. If they failed somewhere else they will fail here. You can either coach or you cant. No more retreads. 

That's what the Pats said about Billy B after his stint with the Browns too.