Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Is anyone else having a hard time sitting thru an entire game?

55 posts in this topic

Same problem I have had for 40 years. Like watching an alcoholic uncle, just when you think he's got his stuff together, he shows up at Thanksgiving, gets drunk, and pisses on the floor. Falcons football in a nutshell. 

Shelley#37 likes this

41 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Speaking of the most Falcon thing ever. I was having a conversation with my son the other day and he asked who I thought would win the Super Bowl. I answered the Patriots as much as I hate them. Then he asked about the NFC. I said right now it looks like it might be the 49ers. They're the number 2 defense and we all know that Shanahan will put the offense in position to score a boat load of points.

So then I told him the most Falcon thing ever would be to sit there and watch a 49ers - Patriots SB and to see the 49ers end up winning it.

I can actually see that happening.

We almost NEVER left games early. Even pre-season. In 50+ years I can count the number of games we've left early on 2 hands.

This year I left early in both home pre-season games and also the Tennessee game. 

Watch them all and sit through the whole thing.

Its awesome seeing the people who don't watch games, then come on the boards and complain and advise how to fix things. GTFO if you don't even watch, how would they know?

Yeah I normally watch the whole thing from beginning to end I just watched the end yesterday. Probably won’t watch another game this season. 

3 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I sit through the games like a bad movie honestly. It's better once you stop taking it seriously.

Yeah normally a missed extra point would’ve had me pissed but I laughed hysterically at the end yesterday

ChickenBiscuit likes this

5 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I have loved the Falcons for a looong time but I’ve gotten to the point I can’t even finish a game Bc it upsets me how bad we are........ Wtf is wrong with our team?

I forgot they were even playing yesterday. Just waiting on the Quinn firing.

When I was younger, I couldnt understand why my dad would go outside at halftime and do yard work instead of watching the rest of a Falcons game. Now I know. I switched over to watch the cowboys lose, as that at least gave me some satisfaction. 

octoslash likes this

39 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Yeah normally a missed extra point would’ve had me pissed but I laughed hysterically at the end yesterday

Sounds like something Joker would do. :lol:

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

4 hours ago, runshoot said:

Watch them all and sit through the whole thing.

Its awesome seeing the people who don't watch games, then come on the boards and complain and advise how to fix things. GTFO if you don't even watch, how would they know?

That’s what YouTube and All 22 is for. Technology has came a long way since the 80’s

5 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

I sit through them fine. I like being in the game thread LMFAO! You have to laugh at this team right now. The game thread is the best part of watching these games.

Yeah, same here.  I'm watching the games, but only for the free beer, nood table dances and TATF camaraderie. :lol:

FalconinPA and ya_boi_j like this

Yeah, it's been hard watching our Birds this year for me too!!!  But as a life-long fan, I can't help but watch....good OR bad.  I come close to turning it off yesterday, though, when we were down by 17.  Glad I didn't, now.  Those three defensive stands were epic!!!  Goes to show you what we're really capable of....even if, it was the lowly Cards ---  

At this point it is just background noise and comedy. Yesterday I laughed out loud when I saw HALF the field open on a pass Arizona made, I'm like WTF how does half the field open up for the opposing team?

PokerSteve and MoFalconsFan56 like this

6 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

At this point it's kind of like watching a car crash, you know its going to be bad but you can't look away. Interested to see if Ryan ends up with 50 TD passes and 5K yards passing with a 2-14 record. It will be the most Falcon Stat ever.

This is why I'm still watching.  For all of the people who excused Bryant and who felt horrible for Bryant yesterday, Matt Ryan never hears the end of how much he sucks.  If they ever ship Matt out of here, I'll be switching allegiances.  I've been a fan since 1989.  It's a freaking joke how much hate our fans have for our hall of fame QB.

7 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

At this point it's kind of like watching a car crash, you know its going to be bad but you can't look away. Interested to see if Ryan ends up with 50 TD passes and 5K yards passing with a 2-14 record. It will be the most Falcon Stat ever.

But hey, “stats win championships fool”. 

not my words btw 

These past few games I've found myself watching random YouTube videos on a computer with the game in the background on TV.

7 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I have loved the Falcons for a looong time but I’ve gotten to the point I can’t even finish a game Bc it upsets me how bad we are........ Wtf is wrong with our team?

A few years back my brother-in-law was describing his vasectomy procedure in detail. He painted a picture of the needle to numb things, the odd poking under the towel and then making the mistake of looking down to see the blood soaked towel draped on him somewhere in his nethers.

This season there are times that I'd rather hear that story again with an accompanying  video of the procedure instead of watching us play.  

OrthoPTSD likes this

I have had a hard time, and find it hard to believe with some of the product on the field in 80s, 90s, after Vick fiasco/ pre Ryan.  The worst part of Falcon  ineptude  this year is my complete football blindside and koolaid shots of being a title contender. Quinn really put himself out there for D coordinator and I wager will not see any coach in near future do the same. If think about it why would you as a head coach?

Another example of Quinn poor planning. Could it get any more of a personal or professional poor choice?

Didn't watch the last 2 games. Took the little one last Sunday to watch soccer, and this Sunday I was driving back home from a family trip. I found it relieving and liberating not to be tied to the failing falcons. I am no longer as stressed, or waste 3 hours because of the clown show. 

I'm just doing what I did in 2007. If it looks competitive at half time I'll keep watching. If not I have better things to do.