If we get a new coach in 2020, will your enthusiasm be renewed?

For some stupid reason I was more excited than usual for the start of the season. We kept hearing about all these good picks and our line will be better and our defense healthy with Danny boy running it. A huge disappointing empty bag is all the fans got this year. The season is over and anyone thinking something else is dreaming.

If we get a new coaching staff **Insert whomever*** will you have high hopes for this team or be thinking we are several years away for the new scheme to “gel”? I certainly want Quinn history and et al, but will this team have to suffer growing pains?  That is my biggest concern.

No because the coach will always be undermined by Blank and his staff, anyone else find it odd that when Blank wanted Smitty out, Morton Anderson missed a xtra point in Jacksonville in a crucial game, seems like history repeating itself, players faking injuries in game so they don't have to play, see Clayborn yesterday, he fell down and even though he could have got back up to make tackle he just watched. There is mutiny on this team and Quinn mind as well walk the plank, Raheem and Koetter are notorious back stabbers and Blank stirs the pot. No way Quinn hired Koetter as his coordinators, that move reeks of Blank and McKay, garbage bringing in garbage. Blank always coddling players: "Never mind what coach says I will protect you little babies. Don't worry about practicing Julio you can sit out every practice, I will pay you you little angel, don't worry about your job VB and the fact you cant make a tackle I wont let anything happen to you puddin". Soft owner = soft teams = 2nd tier head coaches=  no championships. Blank is the problem. Falcons needs a new Team President/GM, coach and OWNER. Same thing happened with Mora except Mora knew it was going on and went on radio and basically asked to be fired. I think it would serve Blank right that after Quinn is fired that Dan Quinn come out on public radio and tell everyone  who he was and was not allowed to hire and just expose the way Blank runs an organization therefore minority owners of the Falcons can do what they need to do to get Blank and McKay out. 

Edited by Refried Beans
4 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

No because the coach will always be undermined by Blank and his staff, anyone else find it odd that when Blank wanted Smitty out, Morton Anderson missed a xtra point in Jacksonville in a crucial game, seems like history repeating itself, players faking injuries in game so they don't have to play, see Clayborn yesterday, he fell down and even though he could have got back up to make tackle he just watched. There is mutiny on this team and Quinn mind as well walk the plank, Raheem and Koetter are notorious back stabbers and Blank stirs the pot. No way Quinn hired Koetter as his coordinators, that move reeks of Blank and McKay, garbage bringing in garbage. Blank always coddling players: "Never mind what coach says I will protect you little babies. Don't worry about practicing Julio you can sit out every practice, I will pay you you little angel, don't worry about your job VB and the fact you cant make a tackle I wont let anything happen to you puddin". Soft owner = soft teams = 2nd tier head coaches=  no championships. Blank is the problem. Falcons needs a new Team President/GM, coach and OWNER. 

I am sitting right beside you on the new owner bandwagon!!! Let’s be realistic right now, has anyone checked the stat line where Julio is????? Michael Thomas is second in receiving yards with Teddy SuckWater!!! Julio is far down the list!!! I like Julio, but you got the $$$ now show it.

Julio should have never been re-signed he should have been traded if he didn't like the deal he had, that was the start of a Dan Quinn demise, Quinn probably went to Blank and said don't do it and Blank did it anyway and then the whole team split. Blank had already gone around Quinns back to hire Koetter and Quinn said he would call defense because no way was he going to allow Blank to hire his d coordinator, this is Blank vs Quinn right now and all of Atlanta needs to see this. Quinn needs to come out and burn Blank on live TV because when he does watch how fast Mora, Smitty, and other coaches will come out and back it up. And then Falcons wont be able to hire a high school coach. Quinn needs to press Blank because Blank and McKay are overdue for being kicked out. The minority owners need to know and the NFL players union needs to get involved. Time for Blank to go, he has screwed too many coaches in the past and has pay back coming. 

2 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Julio should have never been re-signed he should have been traded if he didn't like the deal he had, that was the start of a Dan Quinn demise, Quinn probably went to Blank and said don't do it and Blank did it anyway and then the whole team split. Blank had already gone around Quinns back to hire Koetter and Quinn said he would call defense because no way was he going to allow Blank to hire his d coordinator, this is Blank vs Quinn right now and all of Atlanta needs to see this. Quinn needs to come out and burn Blank on live TV because when he does watch how fast Mora, Smitty, and other coaches will come out and back it up. And then Falcons wont be able to hire a high school coach. Quinn needs to press Blank because Blank and McKay are overdue for being kicked out. The minority owners need to know and the NFL players union needs to get involved. Time for Blank to go, he has screwed too many coaches in the past and has pay back coming. 

Julio had many defenders on this issue, but he should have waited instead of pushing more money issue!! Jealousy of Michael Thomas stirred him. It was a bad idea paying him and several others more as we all are finding out.

TD and Quinn drafted Ridley for a reason so he could replace Julio, Quinn knew Julio was done and that he was playing on a gimpy ankle, and Blank went around Quinn and signed Julio and now the team has all their money tied up in 2 players. Wake up, anyone can see whats going on in Flowery Branch, and now the WHOLE Falcons team is not playing because of this. Anyone else notice once Julio started his BS is when Falcons started declining. And then the dude don't practice on top of this!?! Come on. 

If we get Derrick Brown or Chase Young, it literally doesn't matter who the coach is at that point. I just want to see some good football with a competent front 7. Watching Grady finally get a counterpart that could be just as dominant as he is would be enough to make me excited to watch on Sundays.

We've missed on too many defensive players in previous drafts and that trend has to stop with the new coach. We need solid players the first 2-4 rounds in this next draft.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

There is nothing more exciting than winning. As bland as Smitty was, he overachieved with bunch of less talented players and won ton of games.

His defenses definitely overachieved. Bend-don't-break except the defense was actually fairly disciplined. Those 2013 and 2014 rosters were god awful and I don't think any coach would've won with them.

With that being said, it's a business and he failed badly as a DC in Tampa so idk. He's definitely the best head coach in Falcons history, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

No because the coach will always be undermined by Blank and his staff, anyone else find it odd that when Blank wanted Smitty out, Morton Anderson missed a xtra point in Jacksonville in a crucial game, seems like history repeating itself, players faking injuries in game so they don't have to play, see Clayborn yesterday, he fell down and even though he could have got back up to make tackle he just watched. There is mutiny on this team and Quinn mind as well walk the plank, Raheem and Koetter are notorious back stabbers and Blank stirs the pot. No way Quinn hired Koetter as his coordinators, that move reeks of Blank and McKay, garbage bringing in garbage. Blank always coddling players: "Never mind what coach says I will protect you little babies. Don't worry about practicing Julio you can sit out every practice, I will pay you you little angel, don't worry about your job VB and the fact you cant make a tackle I wont let anything happen to you puddin". Soft owner = soft teams = 2nd tier head coaches=  no championships. Blank is the problem. Falcons needs a new Team President/GM, coach and OWNER. Same thing happened with Mora except Mora knew it was going on and went on radio and basically asked to be fired. I think it would serve Blank right that after Quinn is fired that Dan Quinn come out on public radio and tell everyone  who he was and was not allowed to hire and just expose the way Blank runs an organization therefore minority owners of the Falcons can do what they need to do to get Blank and McKay out. 

Well you cant fire the owner, so you gotta learn to deal with Blank