SoldMySoul

If we get a new coach in 2020, will your enthusiasm be renewed?

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

No because the coach will always be undermined by Blank and his staff, anyone else find it odd that when Blank wanted Smitty out, Morton Anderson missed a xtra point in Jacksonville in a crucial game, seems like history repeating itself, players faking injuries in game so they don't have to play, see Clayborn yesterday, he fell down and even though he could have got back up to make tackle he just watched. There is mutiny on this team and Quinn mind as well walk the plank, Raheem and Koetter are notorious back stabbers and Blank stirs the pot. No way Quinn hired Koetter as his coordinators, that move reeks of Blank and McKay, garbage bringing in garbage. Blank always coddling players: "Never mind what coach says I will protect you little babies. Don't worry about practicing Julio you can sit out every practice, I will pay you you little angel, don't worry about your job VB and the fact you cant make a tackle I wont let anything happen to you puddin". Soft owner = soft teams = 2nd tier head coaches=  no championships. Blank is the problem. Falcons needs a new Team President/GM, coach and OWNER. Same thing happened with Mora except Mora knew it was going on and went on radio and basically asked to be fired. I think it would serve Blank right that after Quinn is fired that Dan Quinn come out on public radio and tell everyone  who he was and was not allowed to hire and just expose the way Blank runs an organization therefore minority owners of the Falcons can do what they need to do to get Blank and McKay out. 

Spot on! Starts at the top. Blank/McKay have brought this franchise down. Destroyed the real fan base sold out to corporation's. 

Got their soccer kick ball team. :barf:

Refried Beans likes this

2 hours ago, SoldMySoul said:

For some stupid reason I was more excited than usual for the start of the season. We kept hearing about all these good picks and our line will be better and our defense healthy with Danny boy running it. A huge disappointing empty bag is all the fans got this year. The season is over and anyone thinking something else is dreaming.

If we get a new coaching staff **Insert whomever*** will you have high hopes for this team or be thinking we are several years away for the new scheme to “gel”? I certainly want Quinn history and et al, but will this team have to suffer growing pains?  That is my biggest concern.

If it's him:

GettyImages-870212010-775x465.jpg

Then YES!!

Here is my thoughts: yes, but here is the caveat, Falcons get s kick *** defense, but an offense that couldn't score on the broadside of a barn.

That ladies and gentlemen is the Falcons way..I'll show myself out now...thank you

Flying Falcon likes this

I want to say yes; but honestly I need to see results before I feel any enthusiasm. 

Im sure the offseason will be filled with more nonsense interviews that say all the right things and we will get some new stupid hype videos; but just go win and shut up is my mentality at this point. 

I am still experiencing some denial at how we are here but reality seeps back in each and every week. If I were a player, Id be out to bring in a check and avoid getting injured at this point. 

Blank had this big huge press conference when he got rid of Smitty and said it was his call and this that and the other. Well Blank needs to man up and have another press conference announcing that he went around Dan Quinn and signed Julio and hired Koetter and didnt allow Dan Quinn to run the team with Dan's vision and he overstepped his bounds and that  the Falcons are trading Julio to Oakland for a first round pick, and watch how fast this team turns it around. Blank needs to man up to his mistakes and show he cares and then get OUT OF THE WAY! DQ and TD drafted  Ridley to REPLACE Julio and the dude is not getting playing time because of JULIO. TRADE JULIO get the team playing again! No way Dan Quinn was on board re-signing Julio when he needed that money to continue to build defense. We could have gotten some corner help with the money we have WASTED on signing a old player. Blank has turned the Falcons into the Detroit Lions of 2012, nothing but Stafford and Calvin Johnson and no lines. 

26 minutes ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Spot on! Starts at the top. Blank/McKay have brought this franchise down. Destroyed the real fan base sold out to corporation's. 

Got their soccer kick ball team. :barf:

Brought it down? It was never up.

Blank has been the best thing that ever happened to this team.

37 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

My enthusiasm is renewed after waking up after an "L". I don't let that team define my happiness more than a few hours a week.

I am the same way. Love my falcons but they don’t impact my happiness. Having two kids has really put things in perspective.

Geneaut likes this

if I tried to list all the coaching changes since I've been a fan of this team, I couldn't without looking it up, there's just too many. I'm way past getting excited to bring in a new coach because expectations are a bad thing to have when following this team

so I guess that's a NO from me

The irrationality of sports fandom.  We expect more of the same with the current coach, a new coach will give the fans new hope.  The facts: a new coach will either be retreading a former unsuccessful coach or hiring an unproven coordinator/assistant.  High probability it won't work out as most coaches don't last 4-5 years.  

I really think the problem with the team is poor coaching.  Despite running a vanilla defense, players seem to be lost and often beat.  Entire team is unfocused. Quinn is the worst DC we had in a long while.  The defense is often overmatched and out-schemed.  That falls on not only DC but all of the defensive staff. 

We also had a series of draft blunders, bad personnel decisions, and overpaying mediocre players.  Everybody and their brother knew what the team needs were the past few years but TD has failed to address them. That falls on the GM.  

papachaz likes this

Every different coach that Ryan started playing for we were in the playoffs.....  Ryan under Smith, Ryan initially under Quinn.  So I would be excited to see if the trend continues with Ryan playing under a new coach.

46 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Here is my thoughts: yes, but here is the caveat, Falcons get s kick *** defense, but an offense that couldn't score on the broadside of a barn.

That ladies and gentlemen is the Falcons way..I'll show myself out now...thank you

Well, that's what they have in New Orleans, and they're 5-1.  

I always support a new HC. Support lasts until I am sure that the HC will never win a SB with the Falcons, not even a 0.001% chance.

2 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

His defenses definitely overachieved. Bend-don't-break except the defense was actually fairly disciplined. Those 2013 and 2014 rosters were god awful and I don't think any coach would've won with them.

With that being said, it's a business and he failed badly as a DC in Tampa so idk. He's definitely the best head coach in Falcons history, IMO. 

I don’t think any would have won with Maponga, Goodman and Massqua at DE. Bartu and Worrilow as starting CB. And two rookie CB. 

4 hours ago, SoldMySoul said:

For some stupid reason I was more excited than usual for the start of the season. We kept hearing about all these good picks and our line will be better and our defense healthy with Danny boy running it. A huge disappointing empty bag is all the fans got this year. The season is over and anyone thinking something else is dreaming.

If we get a new coaching staff **Insert whomever*** will you have high hopes for this team or be thinking we are several years away for the new scheme to “gel”? I certainly want Quinn history and et al, but will this team have to suffer growing pains?  That is my biggest concern.

If we make a head coaching change, I don't think I'll necessarily have a renewed enthusiasm.  Unless, of course, it's a proven guy, whom I know can take us to the big dance and win it all!!! 
And as a native Atlantan, and a fan of this team since 1966, I'm just not ready for another change, just for change sake.  Dan Quinn is a passionate coach. who loves this sport, and I feel like he will take us where we want to go, if given the time.  Of course, at the age of 72, I don't know how much time I have left.  lol.  So, I hope it's sooner, rather than later... 

2 hours ago, Romfal said:

change brings hope, a concept Dan Quinn clearly has no clue about

I dunno man, it seems as if his defensive philosophy is pretty much based on 'I hope this works'.....

Romfal likes this

Only if they tear it down to the foundation.  New coach, new philosophy, all new front 7 outside of Grady and Debo, purge every front office person associated with SB51, change the uniforms, preferably to those throwbacks with the black jerseys and red helmets, heck get rid of the red and black while we’re at it.   It has become patently clear that those colors mean ‘big game disaster’ around here.  

Make Blank promise to stay off the sidelines, and in the first game vs the Saints one of our new DLs picks up Sean Payton and throws him through a folding table.  All of this would be a good start.  

4 hours ago, Geneaut said:

My enthusiasm is renewed after waking up after an "L". I don't let that team define my happiness more than a few hours a week.

If anyone hasn't learned that since SB51, they may never.