Dan Henning and Jerry Glanville would have loved DQ to continue.

falcons007

Another week, another historical DQ defense on display. The 2019 defense in the first 6 weeks has given up 186, only 4th time in Franchise history the team has given up more than 180 points in those weeks. 

1. DQ 2018- 192 pts

2. Dan Henning 1985 - 192 pts

3. DQ 2019 - 186 pts

4. Jerry Glanville 1990 - 183 pts. 

The Falcons D gave up 23 TD in 2019, which ties for 3rd worst in Franchise history. Only 2018 under DQ  and 1985 D under Dan Henning were worse with 25 TD.  

Will DQ survive the bye week? I am not so sure if this historic defense continues to break records. 

3 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

I stand by my statement that Quinn is the worst coach in Falcons history. Only has had to worry about one side of the ball where even mediocrity defensively would be enough to get this team over the top. 

I don’t know worst but he has been pretty bad.

4 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

I stand by my statement that Quinn is the worst coach in Falcons history. Only has had to worry about one side of the ball where even mediocrity defensively would be enough to get this team over the top. 

Whatever happened to those folks putting Quinn at the top of the list after two years? 

I tried to tell those fools to give it five before making that assumption!

I don't know all the stats but just from being a fan all this time I'd say

June Jones, Marion Campbell, Bob Quitrino, Dan Henning, Marion Campbell Part Deaux,

Jimmy Mora ...all were worse than Dan Quinn.   

Henning and Swamp Fox were just nightmare regimes.  Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.   

And Jerry Glanville stunk pretty much too aside from one single winning season.  

-

But I will say this:  the 2019 defense is as awful as any Falcons D I've seen since 1973.