MAD597

So those 3 wins at the end of last year? Great momentum huh?

303 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

And they wouldn’t have done anything with this team. 

Huh? Allen has 1 less sack than this entire team combined. Devin Bush has more takeaways than this entire team combined.

vitaman likes this

Just now, Falcanuck said:

Huh? Allen has 1 less sack than this entire team combined.

Uhhhhh...... I dont think that worked out quite the way you wanted it to.

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

Huh? Allen has 1 less sack than this entire team combined.

Huh. He doesn’t have Falcons secondary and LB playing. The guys are wide open..

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

Uhhhhh...... I dont think that worked out quite the way you wanted it to.

??????????

??????????

You mentioned Allen has 1 less sack than our entire team. Does this mean he would have been better here or worst?

18 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Had the Falcons lost those last 3 games, they would've picked top 5 and likely got Josh Allen, Devin Bush or Devin White....

Or they could have drafted the exact same players they did, but still have lots of draft capital left over.

The draft capital lost with those 3 wins roughly equated to an additional 2nd round pick.

Edited by JeffAtl
MAD597 likes this

I was rooting for us to win those games....I've also been rooting for us to win our first 6. I need to check my calibration because clearly we should be winning. 

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Ah, gotcha. So just don't add good players, ever.

So there are no good players ever unless you tank and add them to the team. Gotcha.

3 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

You mentioned Allen has 1 less sack than our entire team. Does this mean he would have been better here or worst?

Read the entire conversation kid. Allen is an incredibly good player and future NFL star. His production year one here vs there doesn't matter. I don't understand the argument either of you are making 

"errrrrrrrr he wouldn't do that on THIS team because THIS team is bad"

No ****. That's why you add blue chip prospects to the fold. The team gets better and better. The Falcons would be much better with Allen.

Just now, falcons007 said:

So there are no good players ever unless you tank and add them to the team. Gotcha.

Are you ******* high?

Are you ******* high?

You said we didn’t add good players coz we didn’t tank. I didn’t use ever and stuff. You seem to be high..

Just now, falcons007 said:

You said we didn’t add good players coz we didn’t tank. I didn’t use ever and stuff. You seem to be high..

Where did I say that? Please find it. What on earth are you on about. Christ.

42 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You missed the nothing is guaranteed part, hmm?

IF a frog had wings they wouldn't bump their ***** on the ground.

So skip the draft entirely then and just pick up UDFA??? What’s your point? 

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

Where did I say that? Please find it. What on earth are you on about. Christ.

You don’t add good players like Allen. That’s the context. There are many second and 3rd round DE who outplayed top picks in recent years. 

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Coaching staff is gone, because they’ve lost this team.

Basically what you guys are claiming is intentionally losing makes your team better in the long run. It doesn’t. 

Maybe not in football but it does in basketball and baseball.  Look at the Astros.  Ok, I don't know if they were intentionally losing but they were awful perennially awful and kept getting high draft picks.  Now they're the best team in baseball and look to be for a while.  The Browns should be a lot better than they are but they obviously don't and haven't had a good front office and scouting department or something.  I'm sorry, but if you're picking number one overall for a few years your team definitely should be better if you know how to draft well and have a competent coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

So skip the draft entirely then and just pick up UDFA??? What’s your point? 

The draft is fine,pick the boat at the slot you earned, not tanked at.

16 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Read the entire conversation kid. Allen is an incredibly good player and future NFL star. His production year one here vs there doesn't matter. I don't understand the argument either of you are making 

"errrrrrrrr he wouldn't do that on THIS team because THIS team is bad"

No ****. That's why you add blue chip prospects to the fold. The team gets better and better. The Falcons would be much better with Allen.

Listen.....kid. I don't believe that this team would take advantage of his "blue chip" status, cause even the worst teams and worst coaches can make a "blue chipper" look like isht with their crappy schemes. And that is exactly what Allen would look like here with this coaching squad.

And.........kid, losing seems to affect even the better players psyche regardless of their "blue chip" status or not. Kid.

Just now, JeffAtl said:

No one is advocating "purposely losing" - just don't treat meaningless games against disinterested teams that are already playing backups as your Superbowl.

Take a meaningless game and curb stomp the ever loving she-it out if a team. I want easy wins and some good feel on Sundays. Maybe create a winning culture around here. 

This team acts like it doesn't know how to win, how it should feel. 

I mean JFC, how did it feel when we tanked at 28-3 in the SB?

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The draft is fine,pick the boat at the slot you earned, not tanked at.

Does anyone here actually think that we need to tank to end up with a very high draft pick?  Which team the rest of the way are we going to beat?!?  While trying?  Seriously.  We suck.  Bad.

30 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Had the Falcons lost those last 3 games, they would've picked top 5 and likely got Josh Allen, Devin Bush or Devin White....

Devin Bush is an absolute stud. Truly fast. And truly physical. 

Dirtier Bird and Artys Arryn like this

10 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

Maybe not in football but it does in basketball and baseball.  Look at the Astros.  Ok, I don't know if they were intentionally losing but they were awful perennially awful and kept getting high draft picks.  Now they're the best team in baseball and look to be for a while.  The Browns should be a lot better than they are but they obviously don't and haven't had a good front office and scouting department or something.  I'm sorry, but if you're picking number one overall for a few years your team definitely should be better if you know how to draft well and have a competent coaching staff.

Just like the 49ers

Mescalito likes this

1 minute ago, Mescalito said:

Does anyone here actually think that we need to tank to end up with a very high draft pick?  Which team the rest of the way are we going to beat?!?  While trying?  Seriously.  We suck.  Bad.

Agreed, we should easily have a top 5 pick.

Mescalito likes this

2 hours ago, ATL_666 said:

I wonder what those people who were advocating for winning those meaningless games think about this season and how we should finish it, ending on a hot streak or losing for draft position?

They probably think we will win the last ten games. :lol:

Mescalito and Flying Falcon like this