MAD597

So those 3 wins at the end of last year? Great momentum huh?

303 posts in this topic

Wins are never meaningless to fans such as myself that actually go to the games. Most teams that lose at the end of the year are still terrible the next year. I vote “win every game you can and worry about next year next year”.

VTCrunkler, jidady, Vandy and 6 others like this

2 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Exactly.  I bet the people who wanted us to tank are also complaining about the team giving up as well. I want a team full of players that are going to fight to win no matter the circumstances or score. This might be the biggest issue with this team. We don't have enough of those guys on the team. I know Ryan, Jarrett, Julio, and Sanu are those type of players. Who else is in that boat?

Of course they are. People with losing mentality b!tch and complain about everything, And believe ‘giving up’ brings Santa Claus to the rescue.

Flying Falcon likes this

Also their is certainly a difference between tanking to start the year like Miami and being eliminated from the playoffs or even a winning season and experimenting with the team.

We should have tried out more bench players and different schemes after we were eliminated. Get more of our depth real game experience. As we see our depth is still a huge problem.

Some of you hard headed fools just got not concept of long term progress and strategy for a franchise.

vitaman likes this

20 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'll never understand the tankers?

Colts tanked for Luck and he retires early, nothing is a guarantee.

Lol you just made the point for the tankers. If he was healthy this year they would be in SB contention. Tanking worked. Injury has no bearing on the strategy 

6 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Lol you just made the point for the tankers. If he was healthy this year they would be in SB contention. Tanking worked. Injury has no bearing on the strategy 

The Colts would've been straight up irrelevant the past 7 years if not for Luck. Seriously, they would've been a Browns-level bottom feeder team, not even good enough to be mediocre.

MisterC, NeonDeion and vitaman like this

Just now, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

With the season being pretty much over, how can you be against tanking? I feel bad for the players but as a fan I feel it's one of the best ways of getting better.

Not only that we have a PERFECT example last year of how a few meaningless wins at the end not only had no positive carry over effect to this year but most certainly put us in a worse situation for our draft.

We could have been picking top 5 in EACH round or traded back for more picks.

NeonDeion and vitaman like this

54 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I forgot...which player were we going to draft who could play DL, LB, CB and Safety (simultaneously)...and scheme a working defense?

I don't know.

Having Bosa coming off the edge instead of Beasley might have made a huge difference

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

A lesson to some of you, sometimes you have to lose a battle to in the war. Those 3 wins at the end of last year obviously did not carry over any momentum to this season, did not inspire our coaches or players to perform better this year.

The only thing it did was give us a mid round pick in each draft round. Not only did this impact our pick in the 1st rd it also lessened the value of our picks in each rd. With a top 5 pick which we were on pace for even if we drafted the same players in the first couple of rounds we could have traded back instead of traded up and gotten more picks.As we see this year depth is still a problem, we certainly could have used some more weight across the DL which an extra pick or two could have gotten us if we did not have to trade up for a second OL.

Sometimes a long term strategy comes into play when you are having a losing season and have no shot at the playoff's. Those games at the end of last year meant nothing and hurt the long term progress for this team.

Could have gotten Wilkins - DT/DE if we wanted him without trading up 

40 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

You missed the nothing is guaranteed part, hmm?

IF a frog had wings they wouldn't bump their ***** on the ground.

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

58 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Coaching staff is gone, because they’ve lost this team.

Basically what you guys are claiming is intentionally losing makes your team better in the long run. It doesn’t. 

They think the Falcons are in the NBA or something.  

Vandy, Schwarzwald and quickzero like this

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Hows Ed Oliver and Wilkins doing? Asking for a tanker friend. 

Had the Falcons lost those last 3 games, they would've picked top 5 and likely got Josh Allen, Devin Bush or Devin White....

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

Had the Falcons lost those last 3 games, they would've picked top 5 and likely got Josh Allen, Devin Bush or Devin White....

And they wouldn’t have done anything with this team. 

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He went to tanking Miami. How are they looking? 

LOL!!!!! Maybe Miami would be willing to trade him to us for Beasley and some picks. :ninja: That would DEFINITELY help their tanking season.

Vandy likes this