MAD597

So those 3 wins at the end of last year? Great momentum huh?

303 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

Here's the thing some of you can't even understand

WE KNOW 100% the 3 games won at the end of last year did not help us this year, we are 1-5 and look terrible. Nothing carried over, we got know momentum coming from it and probably got some false sense about our teams capabilities.

Better draft position in ever round would give us more options and at least we had the CHANCE to have a better draft and some better players.

Speculation or not one outcome has been proven, the 3 wins did nothing for us, the other outcome has a lot more positive scenarios.

I mean is it really that difficult for some of you to understand? Anything is better than our current situation

I'm not arguing that the three wins meant anything. All I'm saying is that you are speculating that the team would be in a better position now had they lost the last three games from last season. What makes you think this organization would have capitalized on the better draft position? What makes you believe that this front office is capable of building on both sides of the ball to actually compete for a playoff spot? Since 2016, the team has been in a steady decline, while other teams have improved. The Falcons may be on the verge of a coaching overhaul and a front office one too for that matter, making all of the roster decisions someone else's problem to either deal with or blowup. Winning too little and losing too much with the assembled talent put together by the architects of this team, is why everything is the way it is at the moment. THAT'S WHAT I UNDERSTAND!

1 hour ago, 4dabirds said:

I'm not arguing that the three wins meant anything. All I'm saying is that you are speculating that the team would be in a better position now had they lost the last three games from last season. What makes you think this organization would have capitalized on the better draft position? What makes you believe that this front office is capable of building on both sides of the ball to actually compete for a playoff spot? Since 2016, the team has been in a steady decline, while other teams have improved. The Falcons may be on the verge of a coaching overhaul and a front office one too for that matter, making all of the roster decisions someone else's problem to either deal with or blowup. Winning too little and losing too much with the assembled talent put together by the architects of this team, is why everything is the way it is at the moment. THAT'S WHAT I UNDERSTAND!

The potential for something better is a preferred outcome to a known outcome that is not positive.

This is simple, some of you are stupid

If given a choice between better and worse draft position you always want better draft position.

We've already eliminated the fact that those extra 3 wins last year did not carry over ANYTHING positive to this years team, so what we are left with is the concept of 

Top 5 pick in every round VS Middle round pick in every round

Given that you always choose Top 5 pick

If you want to be an idiot and hemm and haa about if we could take advantage of that go ahead but the reality is a top 5 draft pick in each round is freaking better.