MAD597

So those 3 wins at the end of last year? Great momentum huh?

303 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2019 at 3:58 PM, Vandy said:

We are right now for sure. But I am of the belief that better coaching would change that narrative. 

talent-wise, you won’t convince me we are a bottom 5 team. 

Results are the bottom line,

Losing the last 3 games or whatever streak you speak of wouldn’t have changed this year. At all. High draft pick? OK. Somebody probably already posted this notion but I don’t care enough to read this thread. At All. 

On 10/14/2019 at 8:48 AM, MAD597 said:

Point is those games we won at the end of last year had no carry over of anything positive, At least with a much better draft pick in each rd we would have had more options in our draft which could have made some difference this year and in the long term.

One thing we know for sure those wins late last year did not translate into anything positive but a much better draft could have.

Much better lol. 

Embracing the suck of your trolling.....

34 minutes ago, kschreck said:

Much better lol. 

Embracing the suck of your trolling.....

I haven't been here long but I noticed if someone's post doesn't fit rigid homerific guidelines, they're instantly branded as trolls. 

On 10/14/2019 at 4:53 PM, Vandy said:

See, that’s my point Sun Tzu. Yes, a warrior will sacrifice himself for the greater good......but that’s not the same thing.....at all.....with tanking. There’s nothing Warrior or honorable in doing that. So yes, theoretically higher draft picks are more valuable, but not if you did something against your character (intentionally losing) to get them. What goes around does come back around if intentionally losing.

And I also disagree this is a “Straight up bottom 5 team”. They’ve certainly played like one, but we all know they should be playing a lot better than they have. Higher draft picks....unless they they were also coaches....wouldn’t have changed any of that.

My “straight up bottom 5 team” assessment isn’t one based on talent.

It is one based on record.

Im sure by now you’ve seen some of the coaches tape from the last few games.

There are no words to describe it. The tragedy I see week to week on the defense makes me think there is a very real chance the team ends up with a top 5 pick. 

Hence I see a “straight up bottom 5 team”

Phalcon_Phil likes this

11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

There are no words to describe it. The tragedy I see week to week on the defense makes me think there is a very real chance the team ends up with a top 5 pick. 

Some people will never admit they were wrong. I can. I predicted a 7-9 record and I can admit I grossly overrated this squad. I'm willing to bet these folks had even more outlandish predictions than my own.

14 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

What about if some expect SB ........... every year is that realistic.

These are the type of people who pretend Dimitroff is a genius.

If Phil is allowed back here to troll then I say let's welcome Swift back. At least Swift was a decent poster when the conversation wasn't about Matt Ryan. Phil has never brought anything of substance to this place.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If Phil is allowed back here to troll then I say let's welcome Swift back. At least Swift was a decent poster when the conversation wasn't about Matt Ryan. Phil has never brought anything of substance to this place.

What is this obsession with calling people trolls here? You've got to be the 5th person accusing me of trolling without ever addressing my comment. What did I say that was so outlandish? 

Let me guess, you predicted a winning season? Playoffs? Super Bowl? Or just all around big fan of Dimitroff?

Edited by Phalcon_Phil

16 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Losing those three games would have zero effect on the 2019 **** season; it wouldn't have gotten DQ fired, and we needed the OL help that we got from the past draft. It doesn't matter who we could have drafted because Dan Quinn is still the coach, and the defense would still suck. Win or lose those games, and we'd still be looking at lots of changes for 2020, where we will likely have a top 5 pick, and possibly end up with a good DE. I think last year's draft went well and that the team will be able to build off the OL pieces along with Sheffield. We obviously need better edge rushers, and I like this year's draft better than last year for finding the best DE.

Winning those games had ZERO effect on 2019, losing those games could have setup a much better draft and even if it did not directly impact 2019 could have improved our team in the long term.

It's a pretty simple concept.

We know for a fact that those 3 wins at the end of last year did not carry over and help anything this year

We know losing those 3 games would have changed our draft and at least given us a chance at a better roster

We gained nothing from winning those 3 games but had the potential to gain something if we lost.

I'll take a potential positive over nothing every day.

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I mean not only the record proves we are bottom feeder but just watching the games prove it.

This is NOT a 1-5 team that has played hard and had some bad luck and the ball hasn't bounced our way causing us to lose some close games. That is not this team at all

This team is a 1-5 team playing like an 0-6 team. We actually look WORSE then our record which is pretty shocking. WE are by record one of the worst teams int he NFL AND we are by eye test one of the worst teams in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Sure impressed by what I’ve seen so far. :ninja:

I can tell. You can't stop posting at me LoL. Funny you mentioned something in another post about looking for attention. I think that is what's referred to as projection.

2 minutes ago, Phalcon_Phil said:

I can tell. You can't stop posting at me LoL. Funny you mentioned something in another post about looking for attention. I think that is what's referred to as projection.

Mr Lame. You bring No game whatsoever. 

falcons007 likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

Mr Lame. You bring No game whatsoever. 

Aww shoot! MC AARP has some dope rhymes. Maybe Ergo can beat box for you.

7 hours ago, Phalcon_Phil said:

What is this obsession with calling people trolls here? You've got to be the 5th person accusing me of trolling without ever addressing my comment. What did I say that was so outlandish? 

Let me guess, you predicted a winning season? Playoffs? Super Bowl? Or just all around big fan of Dimitroff?

LOL!! You're trying to act like you're this new poster on here when you've been around here forever and banned several times. Funny and pathetically sad.

Vandy and Sidecar Falcon like this

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Winning those games had ZERO effect on 2019, losing those games could have setup a much better draft and even if it did not directly impact 2019 could have improved our team in the long term.

It's a pretty simple concept.

We know for a fact that those 3 wins at the end of last year did not carry over and help anything this year

We know losing those 3 games would have changed our draft and at least given us a chance at a better roster

We gained nothing from winning those 3 games but had the potential to gain something if we lost.

I'll take a potential positive over nothing every day.

It is still pure speculation on your part that our roster would have improved with the better draft position, because you do not know who would have been selected over Lindstrom. That's the actual fact. Only TD knows what may have happened with a lower draft pick, and chances are it would not have been popular with certain fans here. A lower draft pick would have netted more flexibility with facilitating a trade, but it would not guarantee anything. I myself did not care if the games were won or lost, because the season was in the toilet long before those three games. I also know it is not likely that a HC is going to orchestrate losing for the rest of the season so the team can improve its draft position.

14 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

It is still pure speculation on your part that our roster would have improved with the better draft position, because you do not know who would have been selected over Lindstrom. That's the actual fact. Only TD knows what may have happened with a lower draft pick, and chances are it would not have been popular with certain fans here. A lower draft pick would have netted more flexibility with facilitating a trade, but it would not guarantee anything. I myself did not care if the games were won or lost, because the season was in the toilet long before those three games. I also know it is not likely that a HC is going to orchestrate losing for the rest of the season so the team can improve its draft position.

Here's the thing some of you can't even understand

WE KNOW 100% the 3 games won at the end of last year did not help us this year, we are 1-5 and look terrible. Nothing carried over, we got no momentum coming from it and probably got some false sense about our teams capabilities.

Better draft position in every round would give us more options and at least we had the CHANCE to have a better draft and some better players.

Speculation or not one outcome has been proven, the 3 wins did nothing for us, the other outcome has a lot more positive scenarios.

I mean is it really that difficult for some of you to understand? Anything is better than our current situation