MAD597

So those 3 wins at the end of last year? Great momentum huh?

303 posts in this topic

A lesson to some of you, sometimes you have to lose a battle to in the war. Those 3 wins at the end of last year obviously did not carry over any momentum to this season, did not inspire our coaches or players to perform better this year.

The only thing it did was give us a mid round pick in each draft round. Not only did this impact our pick in the 1st rd it also lessened the value of our picks in each rd. With a top 5 pick which we were on pace for even if we drafted the same players in the first couple of rounds we could have traded back instead of traded up and gotten more picks.As we see this year depth is still a problem, we certainly could have used some more weight across the DL which an extra pick or two could have gotten us if we did not have to trade up for a second OL.

Sometimes a long term strategy comes into play when you are having a losing season and have no shot at the playoff's. Those games at the end of last year meant nothing and hurt the long term progress for this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

A lesson to some of you, sometimes you have to lose a battle to in the war. Those 3 wins at the end of last year obviously did not carry over any momentum to this season, did not inspire our coaches or players to perform better this year.

The only thing it did was give us a mid round pick in each draft round. Not only did this impact our pick in the 1st rd it also lessened the value of our picks in each rd. With a top 5 pick which we were on pace for even if we drafted the same players in the first couple of rounds we could have traded back instead of traded up and gotten more picks.As we see this year depth is still a problem, we certainly could have used some more weight across the DL which an extra pick or two could have gotten us if we did not have to trade up for a second OL.

Sometimes a long term strategy comes into play when you are having a losing season and have no shot at the playoff's. Those games at the end of last year meant nothing and hurt the long term progress for this team.

Yup..,,this team would be 5-1 instead of 1-5 if we had tanked (purposely lost) those 3 games. 
 

lesson learned. :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yup..,,this team would be 5-1 instead of 1-5 if we had tanked (purposely lost) those 3 games. 
 

lesson learned. :ninja:

Point is those games we won at the end of last year had no carry over of anything positive, At least with a much better draft pick in each rd we would have had more options in our draft which could have made some difference this year and in the long term.

One thing we know for sure those wins late last year did not translate into anything positive but a much better draft could have.

Bquinn_11, vitaman, sdogg and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, D.B.N. said:

don't worry, they will string together some more later on in the season just so we miss out on chase young 

Yep, maybe if we get enough meaningless wins at the end of the year we can draft in the mid rounds again and keep Quinn and TD just to do this all over again next year!!!!

Doctor Kildare, sdogg and D.B.N. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not happening this season no matter what.

Arizona was supposed to be the easiest opportunity for a road win.

If they alter the scheme and line-up, and the result is success, then there will be more questions.

Not much else will be changed.

Draft picks will not become dominant players. Maybe Gono, Senat, rookie safety, Cominsky but probably not. 

Kazee will not be moved to FS - because that should have been done earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MAD597 said:

Yep, maybe if we get enough meaningless wins at the end of the year we can draft in the mid rounds again and keep Quinn and TD just to do this all over again next year!!!!

Would be a dam shame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Point is those games we won at the end of last year had no carry over of anything positive, At least with a much better draft pick in each rd we would have had more options in our draft which could have made some difference this year and in the long term.

One thing we know for sure those wins late last year did not translate into anything positive.

And my point is We would still be talking about a bad football team. Ed oliver and his -0- sacks This year wouldn’t have changed our pathetic pass rush and overall defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yup..,,this team would be 5-1 instead of 1-5 if we had tanked (purposely lost) those 3 games. 
 

lesson learned. :ninja:

Do you really not understand the premise of his statement and philosophy?

Doctor Kildare and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'll never understand the tankers?

Colts tanked for Luck and he retires early, nothing is a guarantee.

So what long term value did those meaningless wins give us? All it did was hurt our draft position.

Nothing carried over from those wins, no lessons learned, nothing

MilleniumFalcon and NeonDeion like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I did. And Mine obviously flew over your little brain. 

Then why the disingenuous response?  Draft position is about team building.  Getting players who have the best chance of helping you have sustained success.  No one stated that if we had the 3rd overall pick that we would be 5-1, but our chances at selecting the best players to help us win now and in the future would be greatly improved.

Edited by ATL_666
Falcanuck, TheJudge, MAD597 and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATL_666 said:

The why the disingenuous response?  Draft position is about team building.  Getting players who have the best chance of helping you have sustained success.  No one stated that if we had the 3rd overall pick that we would be 5-1, but our chances at selecting the best players to help us win now and in the future would be greatly improved.

No it wouldn’t. Purposefully losing breeds A losing culture. See Cleveland browns for last 20 years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MAD597 said:

So what long term value did those meaningless wins give us? All it did was hurt our draft position.

Nothing carried over from those wins, no lessons learned, nothing

You never tank, You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

No it wouldn’t. Purposefully losing breeds A losing culture. See Cleveland browns for last 20 years.

 

You're failing to point out the many more teams that constantly try to win, but do not.  There are more of those teams than there are the Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

No it wouldn’t. Purposefully losing breeds A losing culture. See Cleveland browns for last 20 years.

 

Those wins late last year certainly didn't breed a winning culture here.

If we do the same this year and it saves this coaching staff and TD we are going to be in the same boat next year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATL_666 said:

You're failing to point out the many more teams that constantly try to win, but do not.  There are more of those teams than there are the Browns.

I’m not failing to do anything. Just stating my opinion supported by faces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

No it wouldn’t. Purposefully losing breeds A losing culture. See Cleveland browns for last 20 years.

 

Exactly.  I bet the people who wanted us to tank are also complaining about the team giving up as well. I want a team full of players that are going to fight to win no matter the circumstances or score. This might be the biggest issue with this team. We don't have enough of those guys on the team. I know Ryan, Jarrett, Julio, and Sanu are those type of players. Who else is in that boat?

Ergo Proxy, Vandy and Geneaut like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I’m not failing to do anything. Just stating my opinion supported by faces. 

Beautiful dodge there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MAD597 said:

Those wins late last year certainly didn't breed a winning culture here.

If we do the same this year and it saves this coaching staff and TD we are going to be in the same boat next year.

 

Coaching staff is gone, because they’ve lost this team.
 

Basically what you guys are claiming is intentionally losing makes your team better in the long run. It doesn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now