Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtyBird7000k

We have not seen the worst yet?

61 posts in this topic

I don't get the logic behind saying 'we can beat the Rams because the Rams aren't that good'... when the fact is the Falcons are 5x worse than the Rams no matter how bad the Rams are.  

-  

Right now this team isn't beating anybody for the simple reason that they can't stop other teams from scoring.  At all.  

We are probably the third-worst team in the league.  I would have them ranked

32.  Miami...but we all know their deal...they'd probably find a way to beat Atlanta though lol.

31. Cincy...awful ownership, awful roster, awful everything.  They would've done better keeping awful Marvin Lewis.  

30. Falcons

29. Skins...but they'll probably win the next six in a row haha.   

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

Not with this defense. This defense is done for the season. They have played their best football this year and came up shawt.  They packing it in now.

Even teams who have mailed it in could still upset a team down the line.

The Falcons defense could continue to suck, the Falcons are capable of pulling out at least one shootout game against one of those teams.

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even teams who have mailed it in could still upset a team down the line.

The Falcons defense could continue to suck, the Falcons are capable of pulling out at least one shootout game against one of those teams.

Could is such a big and dangerous word. It gives hope blindly without factual basis.

16 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I don't get the logic behind saying 'we can beat the Rams because the Rams aren't that good'... when the fact is the Falcons are 5x worse than the Rams no matter how bad the Rams are.  

-  

Right now this team isn't beating anybody for the simple reason that they can't stop other teams from scoring.  At all.  

We are probably the third-worst team in the league.  I would have them ranked

32.  Miami...but we all know their deal...they'd probably find a way to beat Atlanta though lol.

31. Cincy...awful ownership, awful roster, awful everything.  They would've done better keeping awful Marvin Lewis.  

30. Falcons

29. Skins...but they'll probably win the next six in a row haha.   

What I'm saying is that out of those teams, the Rams look the most vulnerable. Not saying the Falcons will beat them, just saying that the Rams are struggling also. It is possible that the Rams could be upset by the Falcons.

Have you every heard of any given Sunday? Not all the time the best team wins. 

People thinking that the Falcons may not win another game this season lol.

14 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Could is such a big and dangerous word. It gives hope blindly without factual basis.

Then what's the factual basis that the Falcons can't beat the Rams?

The Falcons suck, but even bad teams can beat teams they aren't expected to beat. This is football, not something set in stone.

Again, not saying the Falcons will beat the Rams. I'm saying I like the Falcons chances much better against the Rams than the Saints, Niners, Seahawks, and Panthers right now.

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

What I'm saying is that out of those teams, the Rams look the most vulnerable. Not saying the Falcons will beat them, just saying that the Rams are struggling also. It is possible that the Rams could be upset by the Falcons.

Have you every heard of any given Sunday? Not all the time the best team wins. 

People thinking that the Falcons may not win another game this season lol.

Then what's the factual basis that the Falcons can't beat the Rams?

The Falcons suck, but even bad teams can beat teams they aren't expected to beat. This is football, not something set in stone.

Again, not saying the Falcons will beat the Rams. I'm saying I like the Falcons chances much better against the Rams than the Saints, Niners, Seahawks, and Panthers right now.

Factual basis? Their defense is near the bottom and has yet to stop anything related to looking like an opponent's offense.

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Fair enough.  But the Rams come in here basically playing to keep their season alive.  

We're going to get their best effort.  Hope the O is ready to shoot it out, because the D is dead.  

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Fair enough.  But the Rams come in here basically playing to keep their season alive.  

We're going to get their best effort.  Hope the O is ready to shoot it out, because the D is dead.  

Dead as a possum.

octoslash and DawnOfThemBirds like this

13 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Factual basis? Their defense is near the bottom and has yet to stop anything related to looking like an opponent's offense.

True, but the Rams defense hasn't been good either.

True, but the Rams defense hasn't been good either.

But I'm sure they will stop us more than we will stop them. Gurley will look like he did back at Georgia and Brooks will be look like a Pro Bowl WR. And please, dont get me started on Kupp or whatever his name is.

22 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

But I'm sure they will stop us more than we will stop them. Gurley will look like he did back at Georgia and Brooks will be look like a Pro Bowl WR. And please, dont get me started on Kupp or whatever his name is.

I think it'll be a shootout.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The Falcons will more than likely upset a team. The Rams are at a bad point as well right now.

They seem like a likely candidate to not make the playoffs as well this season.  The Falcons will continue to suck but I still think they will have 1 or 2 more good games this season.

Falcons aren't upsetting anyone but the fans.

Flying Falcon likes this

The worst is likely still to come.  The defense has already given up, but the offense is still working hard.

Once Quinn becomes a true lame duck, the offensive guys may ease back too.  

14 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

So, you have faith in our OL against Donald? I dont.

It all depends on how Koetter game plans for him and how to attack that defense.

It will be really good or really bad.

Flying Falcon likes this

It all depends on how Koetter game plans for him and how to attack that defense.

It will be really good or really bad.

LOL!!!!!! No inbetween, huh?

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

The next few games this season is just the beginning. There are a lot of Falcon fans that are about to learn what old timers like myself, 70, and many others have already seen. More than once.

Just hold on to this:
We have been very blessed as Falcon fans for the last 11 years.

I'm seeing a full house clean, draft the QB of the future, a trade for JJ, and 2-3 years of Browns/Bengals style performance before we turn this around again. Get ready my friends, cause it's comin'.

Unlike DQ...our opponents HC's wont take the Falcs as an easy win since we have such a potent offence in "mop up" time...so they WILL be prepared...we should het 1 more win vs TB though 

41 minutes ago, Club212 said:

Unlike DQ...our opponents HC's wont take the Falcs as an easy win since we have such a potent offence in "mop up" time...so they WILL be prepared...we should het 1 more win vs TB though

How? Their WRs will be torching Oliver. Oliver will forever be 2 steps behind WRs.

4 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think the Falcons upset at least one of those teams.

Rams aren't that good this season.

Rams have actually been pretty awful this year on offense. Won't stop them from putting up 30+ next sunday on the road though. 

4 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The Rams are on a 3 game losing streak.

They should've been pissed after giving up 55 points in a loss to the Bucs. They went on to lose 2 more games to their rivals.

Rams aren't that good of a team this season. Probably having a SB hangover.

Argument is they will beat Falcons or not. Dont care what their record is. Ours is dismal as well.

So 2 bad teams...I pick Rams to annihilate Falcons.