I Even Bleed Red

Arthur Blank is going to have to change his mind and allow the new head coach to have different ideas of how to manage different kinds/types of players/talents.

39 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, SoldMySoul said:

The new head coach will tell the Julio Jones’ and Matt Ryan’s, “don’t think about not playing snaps in pre season!” The coach will treat all players the same! He will not be their buddy he will they’re coach!

See this is why a guy like Dwight Freeney didn’t comeback.He had already done all that but would come in good to go.

Tony Gonzalez the same there are some who need more than others and if your a good enough judge you need not worry because the mentioned will be good to go.

Tell me how missing OTAs for Julio Jones hurt this team.**** there even voluntary the coach can say what he likes a guy like Jones doesn’t need to be there.

2 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Telling the press that a player will be a "Falcon-for-life" during contract negotiations says otherwise.

That's nothing.

Every owner has said that before about a good player on their team when contract time is coming lol.

Every owner wants to keep their good players, unless they are like Antonio Brown.

Owners like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder usually tell their GMs and HCs who they want to draft and who they want to play despite what's best for the team based on what the HC thinks. They basically run dictatorships and have "yes men" around them.

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

14 hours ago, ZoneOne01 said:

Yep. He’s not a typical meddling owner.

Blank’s problem is that he doesn’t have the right guys running this team. Get the right guys in and no one is complaining about Blank. 

Blank's only real problem is that he falls in love with people and considers them family. That causes him to not judge them purely through the eyes of a businessman willing to make hard calls.

He treated Vick that way until his hand was forced. He committed publicly that this and that player would be Falcons for life while in the middle of contract negotiations.

He treats Dimi and DQ like they are his kids, giving them a much longer leash than they might deserve. He should have put DQ on notice 5 minutes after the ridiculous SB debacle. I've heard people all over this site talk about personnel issues, but this is DQ's 5th year of expressing what he wants and Dimi is way overdue being held accountable if we have player talent issues. 

There are two ways to meddle: covertly and overtly. 

Arthur Blank has a lot of class and tactics to say things overtly. But if you know business, trust me, Arthur Blank drives this ship. AB is the Captain!

For example, we all know Quinn is fired - heck he may not be even coaching this team anymore the way he wants to (so lemme ask you is Quinn still actually the coach?)

When your BOSS says "I suggest this, or I'm making this suggestion..." Trust me, it's NOT just a suggestion.

Billionaires are like really hot girlfriends. They have a lot of pride and class to be loud and obnoxious. They're not overtly aggressive, they're passive aggressive. 

Arthur Blank drives this ship and he does it from behind the scenes. We all know Quinn is good as gone and we all know why Julio was drafted and kept (do you guys think it was Mike Smith's call to trade away 5 draft picks? LOL). 

Ps- Disclaimer: I'm not saying drafting Julio was a mistake. 

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

15 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Nothing has indicated that Blank is meddling with any football decisions outside of finding a GM or HC.

He acts more as a huge fan who happens to be the owner. Of course he is more visible to the public than some owners, but he doesn't meddle with personnel and schematic decisions.

No owner would like to deal with a situation like Vick had.

Blank decides and announces who is "a falcon for life". Period. He is in charge. 

6 hours ago, falconticket said:

Blank decides and announces who is "a falcon for life". Period. He is in charge. 

What else do you expect Blank to say when asked about a player like Julio or any other player during contract negotiations? Saying anything else could make the player feel some type of way and hurt the attempt to re-sign him because he didn't get that vote of confidence publicly from the owner.

It's generic talk man. It doesn't actually mean that Blank is the one who's deciding whether a player is really a Falcon for life, the player has the most say in that unless he just doesn't fit what the team is doing.

Owners are always in charge because it's their team. That still doesn't make him a meddling owner like Jones, Snyder, or even Al Davis. He doesn't undercut his HCs because he wants it his way.

13 hours ago, falcon z said:

Where has AB been this year?  Haven't seen him on the sidelines or box.  And to be honest i know this team has so many other issues but this is my first year even questioning Ryan.  Usually I make excuses for him.  I know the o line is crap again but  not accurate, all receivers have to stretch for every ball.  

Matt Ryan is completing over 70% of his passes this year. WTF are you talking about?

BlazerSlayer likes this

21 hours ago, Malachore said:

He isn't Snyder but he isn't as behind the scenes as people want to believe either.

Vick messed stuff up IMO.

We have had 2 super bowl caliber rosters since Vick. I think he's fine. And we have had players get into trouble. Collins. Hageman. 

7 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Blank's only real problem is that he falls in love with people and considers them family. That causes him to not judge them purely through the eyes of a businessman willing to make hard calls.

This guy gets it.

TheUsualStuff likes this

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Matt Ryan is completing over 70% of his passes this year. WTF are you talking about?

Ryan is also leading the league in td passes.

6 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Ps- Disclaimer: I'm not saying drafting Julio was a mistake. 

Drafting Julio over a pass rusher, after we didn't force a punt in that playoff game vs the eventual champion Packers, was a mistake.  They thought we could just score more points to win games, and fast-forward to last Sunday.  JJ Watt was still on the board, but Blank had to have his flashy, local player to market around. 

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

See this is why a guy like Dwight Freeney didn’t comeback.He had already done all that but would come in good to go.

Tony Gonzalez the same there are some who need more than others and if your a good enough judge you need not worry because the mentioned will be good to go.

Tell me how missing OTAs for Julio Jones hurt this team.**** there even voluntary the coach can say what he likes a guy like Jones doesn’t need to be there.

Honestly, Julio, thus far, is not having that good of year. The main point is it doesn’t show favoritism and illustrates, “coach treats us the same.” It’s only optics. But if I am busting my tail and player A and B don’t have to work as, I’m going to start slacking. When I played sports and one in particular I was really good at, I practiced, practiced, practiced! 

2 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Drafting Julio over a pass rusher, after we didn't force a punt in that playoff game vs the eventual champion Packers, was a mistake.  They thought we could just score more points to win games, and fast-forward to last Sunday.  JJ Watt was still on the board, but Blank had to have his flashy, local player to market around. 

You have to go back and look at the 2011 draft during that time.

Von Miller was looked at as by far the best pass rusher of that draft, and went 2nd overall so the Falcons didn't have a chance to get him. I remember Peter King mentioning that Falcons had a lot of interest in Von only if he fell low enough in the draft to get him.

No one had any idea the monster and future HOFer that JJ Watt would become despite being picked at 11. Some thought that the Texans even reached for him at the time.

I think Robert Quinn had some sort of health condition that took him off some teams' boards if I can remember.

Falcons dodged a bullet not being interest in Aldon Smith.

Cam Jordan and Ryan Kerrigan would've been great to have, but I don't think Smitty wanted to take either of them though.

There were reports that the Falcons were hoping to land Justin Houston in the 3rd round, it didn't work out the way they planned.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this