I Even Bleed Red

Arthur Blank is going to have to change his mind and allow the new head coach to have different ideas of how to manage different kinds/types of players/talents.

39 posts in this topic

There is a "Falcon filter" in place. Too much ethics and morals on what is right and wrong. The head coaches that have been chosen have been chosen to uphold the filter and the candidates that have even been interviewed fit the "Falcon filter" even at the coaching level! Not just at the player level. 

New HCs that have been hired are straight edge guys with clean backgrounds and they've been told to coach straight edge players with clean backgrounds. That's why HCs in this organization are not good at handling "crazy edge" players to begin with. 

Blank will have to hire a HC who knows how to draft those kinds of players and how to manage them, i.e. Bill Bellichick, who isn't the most straight edge HC himself to begin with, bc Craft is a slim ball who condones those kind of players!

It all starts at the top. Similarly, look the the Saints! 

mqg96 and wnyfalconfan like this

3 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

There is a "Falcon filter" in place. Too much ethics and morals on what is right and wrong. The head coaches that have been chosen have been chosen to uphold the filter and the candidates that have even been interviewed fit the "Falcon filter" even at the coaching level! Not just at the player level. 

New HCs that have been hired are straight edge guys with clean backgrounds and they've been told to coach straight edge players with clean backgrounds. That's why HCs in this organization are not good at handling "crazy edge" players to begin with. 

Blank will have to hire a HC who knows how to draft those kinds of players and how to manage them, i.e. Bill Bellichick, who isn't the most straight edge HC himself to begin with, bc Craft is a slim ball who condones those kind of players!

I’ll agree with you that Sean Peyton is a slime ball, don’t think that is what you were going for, but that’s ok.  

I’d personally rather not have the drama or distraction of those types of players.  A little edge fine, but anything past that and I’ll leave it.

58 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Blank already does that.

He isn't Daniel Snyder.

Yep. He’s not a typical meddling owner.

Blank’s problem is that he doesn’t have the right guys running this team. Get the right guys in and no one is complaining about Blank. 

It is easy to play Monday morning QB, but I think his last two hires were solid hires. Mike Smith took us from being the laughing stock of the league to one play from the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, health issues probably ended his time in Atlanta.

Dan Quinn took us to the Super Bowl and brought in an All-Star coaching staff. He brought in a staff that included multiple head coaches. Blank made the right choice in hiring him. Quinn's biggest mistake minus the Super Bowl was probably letting Lafleur get away. I will never understand that move. You wanted to keep running Shanny's offense so you brought someone in from the outside? I drank the coolaid regarding that move, but in hindsight it made no sense.

I don't agree with the whole blow it up statement. We have talented players all over this team and with the right coach we will be a contender. 

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Blank already does that.

He isn't Daniel Snyder.

He isn't Snyder but he isn't as behind the scenes as people want to believe either.

Vick messed stuff up IMO.

Flying Falcon likes this

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He isn't Snyder but he isn't as behind the scenes as people want to believe either.

Vick messed stuff up IMO.

Nothing has indicated that Blank is meddling with any football decisions outside of finding a GM or HC.

He acts more as a huge fan who happens to be the owner. Of course he is more visible to the public than some owners, but he doesn't meddle with personnel and schematic decisions.

No owner would like to deal with a situation like Vick had.

The Petrino debacle and the GB loss were direction changing moments in this franchise's history and WHO Blank hires at the top spots. He, then, does stay out of their way.

THOSE people are given instructions on the "type" of players they can't draft and that puts us a disadvantageous, especially when it comes to OL and DL-men. 

Malachore likes this

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Nothing has indicated that Blank is meddling with any football decisions outside of finding a GM or HC.

He acts more as a huge fan who happens to be the owner. Of course he is more visible to the public than some owners, but he doesn't meddle with personnel and schematic decisions.

No owner would like to deal with a situation like Vick had.

So you just compared him to a huge fan and you honestly believe that he doesn't try to throw his weight around at any point?

You don't think that he basically forced TD to do that Julio trade?

12 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So you just compared him to a huge fan and you honestly believe that he doesn't try to throw his weight around at any point?

You don't think that he basically forced TD to do that Julio trade?

Not every owner throws their weight around like Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder, or even to some extent Jim Irsay.

I guarantee you that every owner gives suggestions, but only bad owners try to take control over important decisions from the GM and HC on personnel and schemes.

TD said it himself after moving up and drafting Julio that he wanted to get an explosive playmaker that could stretch the field at WR. The only 2 that fit what TD was looking for was Julio and AJ Green(who was originally the 1st choice according to reports).

9 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

They were going to let Hageman back on the team.  Isn't that proof the Falcon filter is no more?  I think TD & DQ just suck at evaluating talent, that is the real problem, not the 'Falcon filter' Most coaches don't have any major issues that wouldn't pass a filter.  

Edited by ATL_666
PokerSteve likes this

38 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think Blank is the best owner any Atlanta sports franchise has ever had.  

The "Falcon Filter" and the "Falcon for Life" do seemingly get in the way sometimes, but I think it is mostly a good thing.  

With the "Falcon Filter", Blank doesn't want to ever rely on a player that may not be available due to off the field issues.  

The "Falcon for Life" isn't a wise negotiating tactic, but Blank is trying to build a brand.  Julio and Ryan are huge pieces of building that brand.

Edited by JeffAtl

The new head coach will tell the Julio Jones’ and Matt Ryan’s, “don’t think about not playing snaps in pre season!” The coach will treat all players the same! He will not be their buddy he will they’re coach!

Flying Falcon likes this

6 hours ago, rings639 said:

I’ll agree with you that Sean Peyton is a slime ball, don’t think that is what you were going for, but that’s ok.  

I’d personally rather not have the drama or distraction of those types of players.  A little edge fine, but anything past that and I’ll leave it.

Nope, that's exactly where I was going with it! He is a slime ball. But he's a great football coach. He knows how to draft players with clean backgrounds OR troubled pasts and knows how to guide them individually to become great players for him. Knows when to use them and how to use them and knows when he's done using them. 

44 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

We need a guy who doesnt believe that scheme rises above talent

Like Kyle Shannahan?  Bill Belicheck?  Their schemes and game planning are at top of the list as coaching goes, and their ability to get results with less talent is phenomenal.  Players matter, and finding players that fit your philosophy are important, but the scheme is the primary choice you need to make before getting players to fit that scheme.  

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

I think Blank IS the problem. It is clear that Quinn and TD drafted Ridley to be replacement for Julio and then Blank went around them to make sure Julio got paid and now all Falcons money is locked up on 2 old players. Blank clearly disregarded his coach and the direction his coach wanted to go with HIS team. Also Blank brought in Koetter and didnt give Sark enough time. Another decision where THE OWNER went around the coach, so at this point I can see why Dan Quinn and some of the players would just say F it. Blank and McKay do this to every coach that comes in, they have a history of it. Until Blank is gone Falcons are screwed. Like I said in earlier post, I hope when Dan Quinn is fired and he spills the beans on radio and TV on how he was undermined in Atlanta and exposes Blank so minority owners have to step in and get rid of Blank and McKay. 

Where has AB been this year?  Haven't seen him on the sidelines or box.  And to be honest i know this team has so many other issues but this is my first year even questioning Ryan.  Usually I make excuses for him.  I know the o line is crap again but  not accurate, all receivers have to stretch for every ball.  

Falcons were play-off contenders until Julio started complaining about wanting more money and DQ and TD drafted Ridley and then Blank went around them and paid Julio, Anyone else find it odd that team suddenly started playing bad when Julio drama started? And then him not practicing is just an insult to his teammates. Trade Julio to Oakland for 1st round pick and watch how fast team gets better. Team doesnt like the fact that Blank treats Julio like a baby. They are basically saying ok, let's see Julio win it by himself. Blank brought this on himself and the only way to cure it is to trade Julio and apologize to DQ and Atlanta fans. 

I Even Bleed Red likes this

1 hour ago, blutarski said:

Like Kyle Shannahan?  Bill Belicheck?  Their schemes and game planning are at top of the list as coaching goes, and their ability to get results with less talent is phenomenal.  Players matter, and finding players that fit your philosophy are important, but the scheme is the primary choice you need to make before getting players to fit that scheme.  

What I mean is a coach who doesn't feel his scheme wins by default and lets his ego get in the way of making appropriate personnel decisions. I.E. Quinn buying into his own hype and thinking he could be some kind of miracle worker on Beasley (and really the D-line as a whole.)

Dude genuinely thought his own **** was so hot that he could make due w/ signing a bunch of mediocre defensive linemen over the last 3 years as if he was some kind of DL whisperer. He thought his scheme was so bullet-proof that he viewed it as more important than the talent running the scheme. Now, after 5 years of this "Defensive/D-Line guru" we still have no real pass rusher and get ran over at will. Our front 4 is no threat to anyone. 

Edited by RubberDucky