fuego

Dan Quinn has lost the Atlanta Falcons locker room

55 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Even Beasley is poor coaching. They aren't putting these guys in a decent scheme. DQs defense isn't good, and it doesn't put anyone in a position to succeed.

The D was decent 2 years ago, with a lot of the same players. Last year, injuries got us. But then we got rid of Alford, and DQ took over. DQs zone scheme is basic, essentially a base cover 3 zone. It's not about creating turnovers, or stopping anyone, it's a basic "bend but don't break" model.

Hot diggity da mn!!!! Been saying this since 2015.

6 hours ago, FalconJim said:

I think Quinn's been workin' 'em pretty hard, lately, trying to get the kinks out, and some of the "slackers" don't like it.  LOL!  So, I don't think he's lost this team at all....just tryin' to get the best out of each player, for the team's sake!  Hopefully it'll work, sooner, rather than later ---  :) 

They have to gel. Or so other posters say.

FalconJim likes this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Poor guy. He only wanted Vic to love him or hate him. In return the whole team hates him. But it’s all his fault. He preached Brotherhood and it’s showing they are their brothers keeper. 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Peteshweddy and ya_boi_j like this

8 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

So the players quit......but then go out and force 3 strait punts?? And the offense scores 17 unanswered points?

They should habe forced a 4th punt but the refs litterally gave the cards a first down.

And then rallys again to score the would be game tying touchdown with less than 2 minutes left??

That seems like an awfully high amount of effort for a team that "quit"

this defense gave up 34 pts ...... still couldnt sack the qb nor cover guys smh. This defense has given up, Cardinals were dropping wide open passes. The only reason that they didnt score more points 

Edited by caponine

I believe the disfunction comes from allowing certain players to continue to play with no repercussions. Beasley, Ishmael and Campbell all should hit the bench. Neasman, and Foye are the quick replacements for those 2 and honestly, anyone can replace Beasley.

Players react to being benched for poor play. Plus it takes the liabilities off the field.

Peteshweddy likes this

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I kinda laugh at the coach has lost the team bit.

If that’s so and your watching it from afar what does it say about the players who aren’t putting in as some still are situation regardless.

What the coach is saying may well not go over but you still gotta turn up and do your job week in week out.

The adage applies when the going gets tough the tough get going they don’t just lie down.

They are doing their job! They are just doing enough to stay on the field? Nothing more! They will not do anything xtra for this Coaching Staff!

4 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Team morale and output being down is a common result of a boss or manager not being up to snuff in the common folk workplace.  The same applies to sports as well.

Doesn’t make it right, but that is a true aspect of human nature. 

I don't know.  The players seemed like they were fighting until the end.  I didn't see a lack of effort.  I saw guys getting exposed and caught out of position, but it wasn't due to a lack of effort.

What are you guys seeing that makes you think he lost the locker room?  I get that the results have sucked and fully believe Quinn will likely get fired, I'm just not seeing where he's lost the locker room.  The guys look like they're playing hard, they're just getting beat.  The body language on the sideline comes with losing while getting bent over by the zebras.

8 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

He saw it first hand today. I was at the game, about 10 rows behind the bench on the 45. It was clear that the players weren't responding to DQ. Debo seemed to get into it with DQ at least twice. Others activly avoided DQ. AB was on the sideline. If I saw it, he saw it too...

Same in Houston. None from D bothered with DQ.

Flying Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, pzummo said:

I don't know.  The players seemed like they were fighting until the end.  I didn't see a lack of effort.  I saw guys getting exposed and caught out of position, but it wasn't due to a lack of effort.

What are you guys seeing that makes you think he lost the locker room?  I get that the results have sucked and fully believe Quinn will likely get fired, I'm just not seeing where he's lost the locker room.  The guys look like they're playing hard, they're just getting beat.  The body language on the sideline comes with losing while getting bent over by the zebras.

They had same body language coming out in HOU. Even with lead at Half time in Texans game, there was no energy.

This is purely speculation on my part, but I think the MAJORITY of our defensive issues stems from ONE player: Vic Beasley.

I'm not talking about his hilariously bad play... I'm talking about his LACK OF EFFORT for YEARS. If the fans see it, you KNOW the other players see it too.

So, when they picked up his option, Q's message about "competition and competing" fell flat. It's why players like Trufant fell off a cliff. There's ZERO accountability, because every single player on the D KNOWS Beasley is stealing money and is not being held accountable.

Think about it. His personality doesn't even fit in.

Neal = BEAST/Nasty hitter

Allen/Nasty hitter

Debo = beast/nasty hitter

Takk = **** near insane

Grady = All world 3Tech 2nd only to Donald SUPER aggressive.

Vic = soft, spineless and comes across like a goody two shoes type.

If you've ever been around groups of hyper-aggressive, alpha types and then the frail hearted "teacher's pet" (WHO DOESN'T PRODUCE) keeps getting rewarded...well you end up with a situation where the coaches b.s. falls flat.

If Takk had been standing in the tunnel, essentially having QUIT on his team, TATF would have melted down. But Vic does his "golly gee, I'm religious and listen to country music" bit and gets a pass from folks. I don't think I've hated a player this much since Ed Hartwell... maybe Eugene Robinson.

10 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

So the players quit......but then go out and force 3 strait punts?? And the offense scores 17 unanswered points?

They should habe forced a 4th punt but the refs litterally gave the cards a first down.

And then rallys again to score the would be game tying touchdown with less than 2 minutes left??

That seems like an awfully high amount of effort for a team that "quit"

Exactly. They haven't quit. They are just poorly coached in situations they can't overcome. The offense is trying. But when the defense is going to give up every point possible, they can easily get frustrated and quit but they haven't. They've scored 65 points in two weeks, more than the Chiefs have in the same span, yet the Falcons are 0-2 because of a defense that has given up 1000 yards and 90 points in the same span. 

They aren't quitting. People want the drama of a team that has quit and it's easier to stomach a team "quitting" than admitting this is a flawed team with severe scheme and talent issues on the defensive side of the ball....still. The second part takes time to fix. The first part suggests you just need a new coach. 

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

If that’s so and your watching it from afar what does it say about the players who aren’t putting in as some still are situation regardless.

What the coach is saying may well not go over but you still gotta turn up and do your job week in week out.

The adage applies when the going gets tough the tough get going they don’t just lie down.

That's just it my friend! These beyotches aren't tough! They don't know tough, they don't know commitment, they don't know pride! They went looking for it in the desert, like a wondering lost tribe and could not find it, even if left there for 40 years....wandering! 

Perhaps they should have smoked a bowl of payote or something while on some of the Indian burial grounds in AZ, and acquired visions of greatness for inspiration, instead of going and watching a movie about a social outcast, bedeviled by a psychotic personality disorder...oh wait, the movie was much like themselves! The Joker's lives on in Atlanta!

Flying Falcon likes this

11 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I would have to question the character of a player who does not respond to his coach.  I would prefer to get rid of the lazy player and keep the coach.  Let another team deal with the player who thinks he knows more than the coach.  It is not unreasonable for a coach to expect performance from players, like it or not.  Other teams see their behavior too.  May not come calling next year.

1 hour ago, vel said:

Exactly. They haven't quit. They are just poorly coached in situations they can't overcome.

You had some great points about Trufant "covering grass" a few days ago.  Is the secondary deciding not to bail on their coverage a symptom of "quitting" or coaching?

I'm not a Quinn fan, but it seems like several players have all of a suddenly forgotten how to play zone coverage.

11 hours ago, fuego said:

Not much good can be taken from a 1-5 start, without saying a word, the Atlanta Falcons are speaking loud and clear on how they feel about Dan Quinn.

There are some bright spots for the Atlanta Falcons and we will get to those over the next couple of days; there is something that needs to be written now – Dan Quinn has lost the locker room and it could not be clearer.

There were several points during today’s broadcast on FOX where the cameras panned the Falcons sideline and it was clear that those that suit-up for the Falcons no longer respect Dan Quinn as their coach. I am sure they respect him from a man-to-man perspective, but players know how to get coaches fired and their body language and play on the field are showing just that.

Time after time this afternoon, players were unresponsive on the sideline, looking past coaches and teammates and were counting down the time they have left. They are uninspired and lethargic, oftentimes showing minimal effort at the snap of the ball.

We hear from captains such as Julio Jones and Grady Jarrett that the team has great weeks of practice but then look unprepared on the field and give less than full effort. The players are telling anyone paying attention they are done playing for Dan Quinn and the staff that he has put together.

There is a thought that everyone overvalued the Falcons roster and the talent within it, however, after much thought that is not the case. Sure, this roster lacks in areas like starting corners, but overall there is a ton of talent on this roster.

The only conclusion that leaves is the players no longer want to play for Dan Quinn. Arthur Blank has a tough decision to make and he has to make it sooner than he wants, while firing nice guys is not easy to do, the future success of his franchise depends on it.

It's D. All of the above. Lack of talent, coaching, AND effort. 

There are maybe 2-3 players on our defense that would be starting for a playoff caliber team.

You have to also consider this: If a player doesn't have enough professional pride to give effort, because he doesn't like the coach he plays for, what does that say about the player?

Flying Falcon likes this

Its not even about Dan Quinn.  I think it has to do with the guys at the very top, including TD and Blank.  This is what?  The 100th coaching change since TD has been here?  Players stop playing for their coaches after 3 years?  Mora, Smith, Quinn, Reeves.  It doesn't even matter who it is, the players stop playing for their coaches. 

My view is, build your team up with hungry young talent who want to play.  Forget the big names like Trufant, Beasley and Mckinley.  Get guys like Miles, Bethune, Delshawn Phillips and a long rookie Corner.  We have WAY too many guys who think they are just way too good for this team.  

This is all culture thinking.  This is all just players giving up for no reason.  Coaches probably gave up as well.  Blank needs to get rid of the whole GM staff.  TD has been SAVED by the likes of Matt Ryan and Julio.  That's about it.  

I would rather have 53 hungry guys who will take their bumps but will actually play hard every sunday, aka the Colts, than have a bunch of VET big names that are ready to go to vacation.

roguebeaver likes this

26 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

It's D. All of the above. Lack of talent, coaching, AND effort. 

There are maybe 2-3 players on our defense that would be starting for a playoff caliber team.

You have to also consider this: If a player doesn't have enough professional pride to give effort, because he doesn't like the coach he plays for, what does that say about the player?

Oliver would not be starting on any other team. Dont care what the talking heads ranked him. Vic wouldn't have gotten drafted in the 1st by any other team and probably would have been traded/cut long before Shane Ray would have left Broncos.

Get rid of these players with the coach.  Dont care who thet are, they're making too much money anyway.

5 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

They have to gel. Or so other posters say.

And it's true, too!  When this O-line, in particular, gets all its pieces back, and has time to "gel" and are able to trust each other to handle their assignments, we're going to be a lot better.  And let's not forget losing Keanu Neal....if he were out there, it makes our defense significantly better, imo. 

2 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

And it's true, too!  When this O-line, in particular, gets all its pieces back, and has time to "gel" and are able to trust each other to handle their assignments, we're going to be a lot better.  And let's not forget losing Keanu Neal....if he were out there, it makes our defense significantly better, imo. 

Do you think they keep Neal for the long haul or let him finish this deal then let him walk.

FalconJim likes this