Matt Ryan / Philip Rivers

mattyicefalcon

22 hours ago, TSprings said:

I’ve honestly never been that sold that Rivers is an HOF QB. I know he probably will be but I think Matt Ryan has carried his teams more than Rivers. 

Cant blame Rivers...

Just like Ryan may be worse he never had consistency at Head Coaching level plus his offensive line and kickers never bailed him out.

Inspite of taking such ruthless beating the guy has been absolutely durable and loyal to his franchise. 

34 minutes ago, jidady said:

I completely agree with this. They wildly overreacted to Kaeding missing that field goal attempt. But the real mistake was picking Rivers over Brees. I said at the time that picking the guy that everybody hates over the one that everyone loves would wreck them. That's exactly what happened.

The whole thing creates a fascinating bit of alternate football history. If Saban gets the medical clearance to sign Brees, who knows what happens in the NFL and the NCAA ever since then?

Wow.

That is some...next level scenario changing histories...Saints had 2 things go bad for Brees to wind up with him. lol

Then again, maybe the coaching out in SD wouldn't have gotten as much out of Drew as Sean Payton was able. :shrug:

56 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Cant blame Rivers...

I blame Rivers because he's always been a jerk to his team, and they hate him for it.  He's legit the least liked QB I've ever seen. And he brings it on himself. Two months ago, he randomly threw Gordon under the bus during contract negotiations by saying the Chargers didn't need him. Then, he's ranting last night that everyone but Gordon quit. We're in week six, and he's already backstabbed everyone on his offense.

51 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Wow.

That is some...next level scenario changing histories...Saints had 2 things go bad for Brees to wind up with him. lol

Then again, maybe the coaching out in SD wouldn't have gotten as much out of Drew as Sean Payton was able. :shrug:

It's entirely possible. I've never been a huge fan of Payton, whereas I loved Brees going back to Purdue. But the Payton/Brees combo may be the secret sauce that has made them both Hall of Famers. 

On 10/14/2019 at 4:38 AM, MAD597 said:

Stop blaming fans when the team is a horrible product. People have enough worries in their lives and shouldn't have the burden of supporting a local sports team that always fails. Teams don't get loyal fan bases for simply existing.

It's not our fault these are bad teams.

Cleveland Browns. 

16 hours ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

I can think of some more. 

Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Matthew Stafford, Warren Moon, every Browns QB, Andrew Luck, Aaron Brooks

Aaron Brooks was never good.

The only reason why people remember him is because he's Vick's cousin, and even then people have still forgotten about him. Even Saints fans don't mention him lol.