We need to keep Quinn

The O.D.B

11 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

We need to keep Quinn. I listened to the game on the radio, while driving from Cali to AZ (shaking my head all the way),  so, there is nothing from today that's changed my mind on this. I don't  know how I have any faith left to make this statement but, I do have faith.

Letting go of Quinn will give Matt yet another learning curve to deal with as he's nearing the last part of his career.
Letting go of Quinn will likely mean the dismantling of the greatest Falcons roster to ever take the field.

Arthur once said when he took over the Falcons, he talked to all the storied franchises in the NFL for some tips and all told him that not to jump to hasty decisions because stability is more important. guys like Mike Tomlin, Andy Reid and Jason Garrett would not have jobs today if not for those franchises valuing stability and a guy like Shanahan might be on the street after two years of injury without valuing stability.

At the end of Smitty's tenure I didn't want to see his time end over 2 injury riddled seasons but, I could tell it was time, I don't think the same with DQ. DQ went down the same road a Smitty, in feeling some heat after the first injury season and then, making changes to try and insure success the next, to the same results thus far, a mistake for sure. In his tenure this team has been competitive more often than it's not.

This season is likely lost at this point and I have no reasonable argument for how things are so bad. I do hate DKs play-calling and whatever changes DQ made on defense is making everyone look like they just got the playbook yesterday but, these are things that should be fixed by now so, I'm at a loss.

Removing DQ is a mistake. I can feel this with every cell of my being. Given my disgust and frustration for this season, as well as the inherent frustration and disgust that goes along with being a Falcons fan, It's not easy to say this. I don't believe he's lost the team, I don't believe he's forgot how to coach, I don't believe HC/DC is too much for him. I do believe it's easier to win again with someone you've already won with previously and I believe a Quinn dismissal costs us more than this season, I believe it costs us our foreseeable future.   

---Letting go of Quinn will give Matt yet another learning curve---  Learning curve? The guy is 34 years old and has seen it all.. 

---Letting go of Quinn will likely mean the dismantling of the greatest Falcons roster to ever take the field.--- . .. Greatest Falcon roster of all time? You mean the 1-5 Falcons soon to be 1-8 Falcons? This roster can't be dismantled fast enough... 

This team has quit under Dan Quinn... Why would they play now, or at any juncture under this losing, embarrassing coach? He is so pathetic he's lucky to get a coordinator position at any D2 or 3 college. Your logic is so convuluted it defies reality. 

3 hours ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

If Matt Ryan who has been in the league since 2008 needs yet another learning curve! He’s not very intelligent and should be in another profession that requires less thinking and improvising!

Lol wtf you talking about? Ice is one of the smartest QB's in the league and has had success in every offensive scheme he's been in. Because of him his previous OC's all got head coaching jobs. Wtf you talking about he can't learn. Morons like you are a ******* joke. 

WWBD.. What Would Belichek Do?..

He would adapt his defense, he would blitz.

He would have released or trade Beasley in preseason and free up cap space.

He would not trade his 2nd rd pick to draft a second O linemen on day one in the same draft.

He would focus on a very aggressive offense and take advantage of these tremendous wide receivers 

He would demand a route tree to allow Ryan to get the ball out in less than 3 seconds.

* I could go on but you get the idea..

12 hours ago, g-dawg said:

This team is not injury riddled.  We basically are healthy team.

New coaches you say? That was Quinn’s call.

The Defense?  It’s Quinn’s defense and QUINN is leading it and we are 31st ranked defense in the NFL - only better than a team that was purposely tanking before the season started.

Armstrong and Sark needed to go. Quinn taking over the defense was a terrible mistake. Manuel was good, and dealing with a crapton of injuries. This year - I don't know - I think Q has too much on his plate to be successful.

1 hour ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Lol wtf you talking about? Ice is one of the smartest QB's in the league and has had success in every offensive scheme he's been in. Because of him his previous OC's all got head coaching jobs. Wtf you talking about he can't learn. Morons like you are a ******* joke. 

You days of hugging Ryan’s nuts are about to be over! The New Coach will bring in his own QB! Younger, more mobile, and worth his contract !

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

1 hour ago, rugger8 said:

Armstrong and Sark needed to go. Quinn taking over the defense was a terrible mistake. Manuel was good, and dealing with a crapton of injuries. This year - I don't know - I think Q has too much on his plate to be successful.

but the whole point is DQ wanted to "die w/ his boots on" - in other words, if he was to get fired, he wanted to do it with 100% HIS defense - and now that is what is likely to happen.

13 hours ago, CTann said:

Holding on to Quinn would be wasting the last part of Matt’s career. Holding on to Quinn would...did you say greatest Falcons roster to take field? Holy crap, if this is the greatest Falcons roster to ever take the field yet get these results, then we definitely need to let go of Quinn.

I think that that statement puts this whole discussion in a neat, tidy box with a big red bow. Quinn's attempt to revamp the defense has instead turned it into pretty much the worst in pro football.

The continuing sorry defense in the loss to the Cards does nothing to add to Quinn's chances of still being employed after the break. If he does survive, the fans will collectively shake their head and then wash their hands of the Falcons for the rest of the season. Way better options on Sunday afternoons in the ATL than watching a bad team play bad football.

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I think that that statement puts this whole discussion in a neat, tidy box with a big red bow. Quinn's attempt to revamp the defense has instead turned it into pretty much the worst in pro football.

The continuing sorry defense in the loss to the Cards does nothing to add to Quinn's chances of still being employed after the break. If he does survive, the fans will collectively shake their head and then wash their hands of the Falcons for the rest of the season. Way better options on Sunday afternoons in the ATL than watching a bad team play bad football.

Fairly certain the Falcons could trade both 1sts and both 2nd round draft picks the next two years to the New England Patriots and still get better if we had Bill Belicheck.

I know there are injuries on this defense, but they were playing well when healthy. They do need a change at head coach. And although turd keotter can put up points, he's a retread that we didn't need. In his last tenure here, they would run up a 21 point lead seemingly every game, then squander it by trying to run the clock out. He never kept the foot on the gas. The reason they're scoring now is because there is urgency in his play calling. If the defense were better, hed try to bleed the clock in the second half, putting the pressure on the defense. Matt Ryan isn't a problem, retread offenses and copycat defenses from 10 years ago are.

36 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Most definitely everything you just said. A group of friends and I always play flag football Saturday mornings, but now we're thinking of adding occasional Sunday afternoons to the menu. The signs are there, DQ has completely lost this team and it's evident. This is what I was trying to explain to several of my friends who I went out with and ate at a restaurant to watch the game yesterday. Some people don't like the, "losing to help our cause mentality," and I understand that. The way I see it though is that this team needs new blood throughout the staff as this current regime won't amount to anything worthwhile. Realistically, I see a 2 year "re-build" that mainly consists of bringing in a new regime (hopefully the right people whoever that might be) and time for the team to learn the new systems; plus your typical year-to-year roster tweaks. Offensively, a new RB and a TE#2 would go a long ways and neither of these positions have to be expensive via draft or free agency. Defense is obviously where we need the most help. Arguably, the 2 most important positions to build a defense from are DE and CB. Again, people aren't going to like the, "losing to help our cause mentality," but if we're legitimately losing under this current regime and getting closer to landing either the Ohio State DE or their CB (Jeff Okudah) to help spark the new regime's roster, then that's cool with me because this current staff's mission is failed. 

In the meantime, I'll be sure to watch at my own convenience by recording the games to go back and watch on my own time instead of planning my Sundays around what time the game ends. 

15 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

We need to keep Quinn. I listened to the game on the radio, while driving from Cali to AZ (shaking my head all the way),  so, there is nothing from today that's changed my mind on this. I don't  know how I have any faith left to make this statement but, I do have faith.

Letting go of Quinn will give Matt yet another learning curve to deal with as he's nearing the last part of his career.
Letting go of Quinn will likely mean the dismantling of the greatest Falcons roster to ever take the field.

Arthur once said when he took over the Falcons, he talked to all the storied franchises in the NFL for some tips and all told him that not to jump to hasty decisions because stability is more important. guys like Mike Tomlin, Andy Reid and Jason Garrett would not have jobs today if not for those franchises valuing stability and a guy like Shanahan might be on the street after two years of injury without valuing stability.

At the end of Smitty's tenure I didn't want to see his time end over 2 injury riddled seasons but, I could tell it was time, I don't think the same with DQ. DQ went down the same road a Smitty, in feeling some heat after the first injury season and then, making changes to try and insure success the next, to the same results thus far, a mistake for sure. In his tenure this team has been competitive more often than it's not.

This season is likely lost at this point and I have no reasonable argument for how things are so bad. I do hate DKs play-calling and whatever changes DQ made on defense is making everyone look like they just got the playbook yesterday but, these are things that should be fixed by now so, I'm at a loss.

Removing DQ is a mistake. I can feel this with every cell of my being. Given my disgust and frustration for this season, as well as the inherent frustration and disgust that goes along with being a Falcons fan, It's not easy to say this. I don't believe he's lost the team, I don't believe he's forgot how to coach, I don't believe HC/DC is too much for him. I do believe it's easier to win again with someone you've already won with previously and I believe a Quinn dismissal costs us more than this season, I believe it costs us our foreseeable future.   

I wish I had the Kool Aid Man as an Emoji...

4 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

WWBD.. What Would Belichek Do?..

He would adapt his defense, he would blitz.

He would have released or trade Beasley in preseason and free up cap space.

He would not trade his 2nd rd pick to draft a second O linemen on day one in the same draft.

He would focus on a very aggressive offense and take advantage of these tremendous wide receivers 

He would demand a route tree to allow Ryan to get the ball out in less than 3 seconds.

* I could go on but you get the idea..

I disagree with #1, He would have taken away his safety blanket and made him do something different from the jump. No easy throws.

19 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

IMO we'd still have a losing records because of DK, even if our guys in the secondary weren't dropping coverage.

I respectfully, but vehemently, disagree.

I'm not a Dirk Koetter fan. I wasn't the first time around, nor am I now. But you are ignoring the facts.

The offense has, for the past 4 games, played winning football. The defense has crapped the bed, rolled in in, and flung poo on the walls.

Dan Quinn runs the defense. Badly. Poorly. Ineptly and incompetently, but he runs it. Dan Quinn is wholly responsible for our season being a dumpster fire.

Is DK the best OC option? No. Can we find a better OC? Yes.

But neither DK, Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Davonte Freeman, nor anyone else on the offense is the reason we have a losing season.

Wake up. Face reality. Stop defending the indefensible.