Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falcons007

First time since 2007, Another DQ special.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

No chance I don’t see DQ as a quitter regardless. I think he’ll go down with the ship at least.

He quit is that not the worse from the captain of the ship at least DQ will continue to fight.I don’t see quit in him I don’t think that’s in his nature.

Well it feels like Q has quit just staying to collect the check. At least he has not tucked tail and run off I will give him that.

1 minute ago, NCFalconfan said:

Dan Quinn has about as much to do with that Super Bowl run as you and I did. As someone brought up in another thread, people forget that the '16 team was winning boat races about each week thanks to an incredible offense. Quinn is out of scapegoats and coat tails to ride in 2019. The results are hideous.

So the HC had nothing to do with hiring a guy like KS or the team going to the SB.Man that’s an interesting concept wow .

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Quinn first if I recall correctly they had an agreement in place when he first came here that he wanted KS to be his OC.

Well regardless, the man was brought in to field something that resembles a defense while we have HOF talent on the offensive side of the ball and he has failed MISERABLY. Here's what we know: the defense has been atrocious for the lions share of Quinn's tenure and continues to get worse. It's painfully apparent that Quinn has no idea how to fix it here. Time to move on IMO.

41 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Well regardless, the man was brought in to field something that resembles a defense while we have HOF talent on the offensive side of the ball and he has failed MISERABLY. Here's what we know: the defense has been atrocious for the lions share of Quinn's tenure and continues to get worse. It's painfully apparent that Quinn has no idea how to fix it here. Time to move on IMO.

Yep he’s failing alright and that’ll be his downfall the way it’s set up now.The FO is basically there to give the HC everything he’s needed and unfortunately has failed and the hole is looking darker.

21 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yep he’s failing alright and that’ll be his downfall the way it’s set up now.The FO is basically there to give he HC everything he’s needed and unfortunately has failed and the hole is looking darker.

I think what FO needs fresh perspective.

12 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I think what FO needs fresh perspective.

Probably it’ll be interesting to see where they go with regards to that.

Hope the fan base is ready.

I’m more interested in these 3 year runs we seem to have and then we fall into these lulls under TD.

We have been right there I think 3 times the last decade and can’t finish.I’m really interested in seeing what fans and alike thoughts on that are.

21 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Probably it’ll be interesting to see where they go with regards to that.

Hope the fan base is ready.

I’m more interested in these 3 year runs we seem to have and then we fall into these lulls under TD.

We have been right there I think 3 times the last decade and can’t finish.I’m really interested in seeing what fans and alike thoughts on that are.

Yep. Time to bring in fresh faces in FO. 

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

For me the bigger questions are why do we have these 2 year lulls in performance.Injuries hurt last year this year I don’t have any answers.But no doubt coaching is up there on the list.

1- we simply don't have the talent on the roster that prognosticators (and our fan base) think we do.

2- the talent we have is not being put in a situation to win. We are being outcoached

3- the talent we have, even the veterans, are making repeated mental mistakes, and are not being held accountable for them.

4- we have hungrier, and potentially better talent on the bench that are not getting enough playing time compared to assured "starters", who are complacent and often lazy.  

Edited by since68andcounting

18 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

1- we simply don't have the talent on the roster that prognosticators (and our fan base) think we do.

2- the talent we have is not being put in a situation to win. We are being outcoached

3- the talent we have, even the veterans, are making repeated mental mistakes, and are not being held accountable for them.

4- we have hungrier, and potentially better talent on the bench that are not getting enough playing time compared to assured "starters", who are complacent and often lazy.  

I believe we do but we have a loss in communication in people doing there jobs.

We also have a coaching issue across the board which creates the perfect storm of thee above.

I also go by the adage when building a team 7-8 guys that do there jobs and 3-4 that do a bit more.

I get the feeling alot in this fan base think this is an all star game a team of stars in every spot is what’s needed.When in all essence that isn’t the case.