Carter

Kentucky vs #10 Georgia

501 posts in this topic

I'd like to say I think we see the Dawgs refocus and easily handle Kentucky. I'd like for that to be the case. We have some real problems though and many of the issues which were full blown faceplant failures on Saturday had been lingering since the start of the season and were managed until now.

I don't see how we overcome the issues we have with receiver depth/injuries in a week. Those guys will just need time to heal up. OL is in a similar situation with guys banged up, although OL depth is significantly better than WR depth.

This will be another very physical game. I said as much about the South Carolina game, but I figured we would be able to take care of business. Kentucky has struggled this season and they are dealing with some key injuries of their own. It's a crucial game for the Dawgs to get right heading into the bye week before we play MSUjr in Jacksonville.

jeffro2000 likes this

I’d sit Simmons and Cager and let them heal.. mainly Cager - hopefully we can get it together with the play calling and scheming- same with effecting the qb... however I do realize we didn’t really go after Joyner because we probably wanted him to throw and not flush him out of the pocket.. 

sdogg likes this

D'Andre Swift Interview on 247 post USC loss:

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/Georgia-Football-DAndre-Swift-sounds-off-offense-136972384/?fbclid=IwAR0qwZGJ8PjYWaQeohC60BpIlsd8pJgU_IaKBl-GZ6XHNT_uxJQtqh0bxcM

pull quotes from link above:

What went wrong against South Carolina? "Some people said they didn't feel... They just felt Saturday was... They didn't feel normal. Some people felt weird during pre-game. I'm not sure what was going on but we just weren't on the same page Saturday."

On lack of explosive run plays: "I think more teams are loading the box, kind of taking away the run and make Jake Fromm beat them and I think Jake is going to do that."

What's amiss with the offense right now with lack of explosive plays: "I think we need to take more shots downfield. Try to get the ball to our playmakers in space. Whatever the coaches think that is, think that might be, I think we need to do a better job of it."

sdogg likes this

24 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I’d sit Simmons and Cager and let them heal.. mainly Cager - hopefully we can get it together with the play calling and scheming- same with effecting the qb... however I do realize we didn’t really go after Joyner because we probably wanted him to throw and not flush him out of the pocket.. 

more than injuries - I think this Kentucky game is a gut check for the coaches as much as it is for the players. -  We need to tweek these schemes on both sides of the ball and play call more aggressively in games.

It's one thing to say "We are the more physical team and we will just wear down our opponent" - the score does matter and the way you outphysical your opponent is to open up a big lead early where you can dictate to the opposing defense.    If the opposing defense wants to load the box to take away the run in the 1st qtr - let'em - playcall over the top and make them pay - get the lead - 2-3 score lead, then you can run them in the ground - but not the way we have been doing it the last two weeks.

sdogg and blkbigdog35 like this

Kentucky isn’t very good. Georgia should easily handle them, but I thought the same thing about UT and South Carolina. UT was a win, but they hung around a lot longer than I thought they would 

I want to see focused passionate fury unleashed turning the Wildcats into scorched Earth for all 4 quarters with no vanilla O, no bend don’t break D, and do not let off the gas pedal.

TDS and Havoc plays

After this past week the media and playoff committee need to see what we can do and that SC was an anomaly. 

sdogg likes this

22 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

After this past week the media and playoff committee need to see what we can do and that SC was an anomaly. 

Doubtful that this week will sway the committees opinion.  However, we need to get a lot of guys healthy before UF, A&M and Auburn.  Need Kindley, Campbell, Webb, Cager, DRob, Cleveland and Simmons to all be healthy.  Additionally, need Camarda to bomb some more 67 yd punts.

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

D'Andre Swift Interview on 247 post USC loss:

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/Georgia-Football-DAndre-Swift-sounds-off-offense-136972384/?fbclid=IwAR0qwZGJ8PjYWaQeohC60BpIlsd8pJgU_IaKBl-GZ6XHNT_uxJQtqh0bxcM

pull quotes from link above:

What went wrong against South Carolina? "Some people said they didn't feel... They just felt Saturday was... They didn't feel normal. Some people felt weird during pre-game. I'm not sure what was going on but we just weren't on the same page Saturday."

On lack of explosive run plays: "I think more teams are loading the box, kind of taking away the run and make Jake Fromm beat them and I think Jake is going to do that."

What's amiss with the offense right now with lack of explosive plays: "I think we need to take more shots downfield. Try to get the ball to our playmakers in space. Whatever the coaches think that is, think that might be, I think we need to do a better job of it."

His response to the first question, is seriously disturbing. It goes back to what @Carter (I think it was Carter) who posted what Kirby said after a radio interview, right before the game. 

g-dawg likes this

9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The real question is will Kirby admit his mistake and hire a real OC after the season. 

I think several factors come into play, the first being, is 1 season enough to go off of?  Secondly,  will firing your oc after one season scare off a potential candidate?   Then you look at who, what kind of system do they run, does our current personnel line up with the oc’s philosophy and can he recruit.  Not to mention, is Kirby willing to lose his south Florida lead recruiter, knowing that he will most likely be losing another horse, in Dell, within the next 2 years.  

If Fromm were to come back, that would be 3 oc’s he would have played for.  You need more stability than that.

Edited by Turkeydawg
g-dawg likes this

20 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I think several factors come into play, the first being, is 1 season enough to go off of?  Secondly,  will firing your oc after one season scare off a potential candidate?   Then you look at who, what kind of system do they run, does our current personnel line up with the oc’s philosophy and can he recruit.  Not to mention, is Kirby willing to lose his south Florida lead recruiter, knowing that he will most likely be losing another horse, in Dell, within the next 2 years.  

If Fromm were to come back, that would be 3 oc’s he would have played for.  You need more stability than that.

I highly doubt it happens. I fully believe he could pull it off though. UGA is a desirable job for any potential OC. With the talent they have and the high profile you could easily turn that into a HC job.

46 minutes ago, sdogg said:

His response to the first question, is seriously disturbing. It goes back to what @Carter (I think it was Carter) who posted what Kirby said after a radio interview, right before the game. 

yeah, I thought about that as well - remembering what @Carter said.    That is some messed up sheot if players cannot get their F-ing heads in a game.   You only have like 13 games per year - I would think there should be no trouble getting up for all of them.

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, I thought about that as well - remembering what @Carter said.    That is some messed up sheot if players cannot get their F-ing heads in a game.   You only have like 13 games per year - I would think there should be no trouble getting up for all of them.

Reading the press clippings?  

g-dawg and sdogg like this

Kirby won’t dump Coley after one season imo unless the offense stays in the tank. The tape will show pretty clear evidence of players just not executing in that loss. Plus we have dealt with injuries, so it may not put him directly on the hot seat. I was told Kirby got pretty hot at Coley, but that is to be expected with an ultra competitive guy like Kirby who hates to lose infinitely more than he likes to win.

sdogg and putnam6 like this

“I think we need to take more shots downfield,” Swift said in a video posted by 960 The Ref. “Try to get the ball to our playmakers in space. Whatever the coaches think that might be.”

Everybody sees it, except for Kirby. 

I think we should start games uptempo and taking shots down field. Don't wait till we have to do it. 

4 minutes ago, Statick said:

Mike Griffith read my comment on his live stream regarding this game.

I said we let the wrong QB go.

Don’t be an idiot.

TheTrue7 likes this

3 hours ago, sdogg said:

“I think we need to take more shots downfield,” Swift said in a video posted by 960 The Ref. “Try to get the ball to our playmakers in space. Whatever the coaches think that might be.”

Everybody sees it, except for Kirby

I think we should start games uptempo and taking shots down field. Don't wait till we have to do it. 

I don’t think that’s a fair characterization. We did take shots against South Carolina. Kirby talked about trying to get the ball out to playmakers. Fromm just wasn’t executing, the OL was not executing and the receivers consistently were not getting separation at all against man coverage. Now there were times where a receiver would be wide open over the middle and Fromm either didn’t see it or had predetermined where he was going with the throw (outside). Teams aren’t even covering the middle of the field against us. You could see it in several games already.

I really don’t know what the deal is regarding Fromm throwing to the middle of the field. He’s among the most prolific passers in Georgia high school football history and Houston was playing with some tough teams at times. Then he gets to UGA and can’t throw to the middle of the field and the team loses if he has to throw it 30+ times? Just doesn’t make sense to me. He’s also a different QB when we let the offense run tempo.

sdogg and Ovie_Lover like this

14 minutes ago, Statick said:

Mike Griffith read my comment on his live stream regarding this game.

I said we let the wrong QB go.

Very superficial though. Fields should have never signed with UGA. It was the wrong fit for both parties involved. We were never going to switch to an offense that would let him do what he’s doing so far this year. 

We also didn’t let him go. We tried to get him to stay. Fields was determined to leave when he didn’t win the job.

Turkeydawg, TheTrue7, 95Dawg and 1 other like this