Jump to content

Why is Beasley still playing?


conn
 Share

Recommended Posts

On one play, I saw Grady get knocked down but he was facing a double team, Takk beat his man one on one and began chasing the QB to Vic's side of the field, only to see Vic being blocked by his guy with no hope of escaping the block.  It was embarrassing to say the least. Opposing teams have no fear of Vic Beasley, no matter what side of the d-line he plays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Falcons0081 said:

On one play, I saw Grady get knocked down but he was facing a double team, Takk beat his man one on one and began chasing the QB to Vic's side of the field, only to see Vic being blocked by his guy with no hope of escaping the block.  It was embarrassing to say the least. Opposing teams have no fear of Vic Beasley, no matter what side of the d-line he plays.

I meant to rewind that play to make sure I saw it correctly... but Im pretty sure the tackle was literally blocking Beasley with 1 hand while looking over his shoulder watching the rest of the play happen... Beasley just stood there not even trying to disengage, even though tak was chasing Murray right towards him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like Mike Smith passed the “Sacks Are Overrated” torch to Quinn. The Falcons are weak...The Falcons are soft and yet again the Falcons play another game and get 0 sacks!!!

no sacks from Beasley 

no sacks from Takk 

no sacks period

Will the misery for Falcons Fans EVER end!

 

Edited by JG2008
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Because Quinn hitched his wagon to him this offseason instead of letting him walk.

Hes undersized so he has trouble setting the edge in a 4-3 scheme so Quinn changes to a 3-4 scheme so Vic and Takk can stand up but they don’t have the personnel for a 3-4 and Quinn doesn’t have the experience.

Chuck Smith called it out and said Quinn made a huge mistake doing this

Chuck Smith isn’t the only one....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slimm said:

What happened to ricardo allen being responsible for lining everyone up?  Wasn't he always praised for his play recognition???  idk about you, but i've never thought Rico was that great.

I made the same point after HOU game. Why does he have to line up these grown men every snap and barely get to his own spot. Rico is covering too many dumb players and coaches on this team. I get it, new players or some snaps but every snap, they should be ready to go with out baby sitter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JG2008 said:

Looks like Mike Smith passed the “Sacks Are Overrated” torch to Quinn.

 

Sacks used to be somewhat overrated due to "pressures" being almost as good on 3rd downs against pocket passers as a sack.

The problem now is that mobile QBs are in vogue, so pressures aren't nearly as disruptive as they used to be.

(A pocket passer is still the best way to win consistently in the NFL, but you have to be able to defend the mobile guys)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

One day, it will be interesting to find out why Quinn was so invested in Beasley.  From most accounts, Beasley doesn't even like football.

he will probably sign a mediocre 2nd contract with ANOTHER team and call it a day after its done...

Edited by sanfranfalcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So maybe the Mighty Quinn gets another "Mulligan" for this year and... They tag Beasley, his first draft pick that he kisses up to...  Ughh... We need changes big time. Let's start with TD on down.  A rebuild would be good for this dumpster fire now that we're sitting in the NFC South basement and doormats for every  AFC team that we're only one win out of the past 13 matchups with and about to be in our own division. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JUST SOME GUY said:

I meant to rewind that play to make sure I saw it correctly... but Im pretty sure the tackle was literally blocking Beasley with 1 hand while looking over his shoulder watching the rest of the play happen... Beasley just stood there not even trying to disengage, even though tak was chasing Murray right towards him.

Beasley was just waiting for the QB to come to him. He probably figured he almost had him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...