Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
birdsincebirth

New head coach

2 hours ago, TX Falcon said:

I said this last week and people lost their mind! Greg Williams has made defense better every where he has been 

But will he be a good HC?  That is a totally different role than DC.

I'm onboad though.  Much better choice than a college coach.

14 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

If I can remember, wasn't the Saints defense still mostly hot garbage when Williams was there?

Sure that 2009 Saints SB defense was a turnover machine and was important to that championship run, but most of the other years under Williams they weren't good.

I'll have to look up the numbers to see how good or bad hes has been at different places besides the Saints. But from what I remember Greg Williams made the defenses better at each one of his new coaching jobs like Cleveland. There defense ended the year ranked #3 last year.

Edited by TX Falcon

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Williams was one of the reasons why they were bad from 01' to 03'

i think his best defensive year was the 1st year but he didn't have the players to run his scheme.  At this point we need someone who can get this defense under control! Then find an OC who is creative not a refill...

48 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

This.. Ill take Mcdaniels or mccarthy. Get a vet def coordinator. To give the defense a swagger. And draft more defensive players.

McDaniels isn’t leaving the Pats. And a big NO to McCarthy. We don’t need any retreads here. We need fresh, innovative young minds. 

53 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

What kind a **** fan are you that would turn his head back on a team because they hired a coach you dont like. Dont let the door hit you on the way out 

I can't say i would turn my back on my team but i actually can fully understand why someone else would over something like that.  Why would you support a team that would hire someone that disgusts you because they are a horrible human being.   I know quite a few people that would leave this team if they would have brought back Vick in some capacity right after the dog fighting thing.  You gotta think outside of the realm of football on this one.  Some peoples morals and beliefs as a person override any little sports team they follow.

1 hour ago, Scorpion said:

What kind a **** fan are you that would turn his head back on a team because they hired a coach you dont like. Dont let the door hit you on the way out 

What kind of a person are you that you would be OK with supporting a dirtbag who intentionally and willfully encouraged intentional injury, just so a football team that doesn't even know you exist could be more successful?

Are you f*cking serious with the moral fan platform right now? If anybody needs to be hit with anything, it's you. Disgusting rhetoric.

50 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

McDaniels isn’t leaving the Pats. And a big NO to McCarthy. We don’t need any retreads here. We need fresh, innovative young minds. 

You want riley or bienemy huh?

24 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

You want riley or bienemy huh?

Not too keen on college OCs. Bringing in Lincoln Riley would mean that Ryan is gone. His system needs a mobile QB. On the plus side, we’re in the hunt for Tua. And bringing him in would mean an instant connection between him and Ridley. 

I like Eric Bieniemy, he’s my front runner right now. He’s a Reid disciple and he’s been able to scheme brilliantly. Reid’s coaching tree consists of Brad Childress, John Harbaugh, Steve Spagnuolo, Leslie Frazier, Ron Rivera, Pat Shurmer, Todd Bowles, Doug Pederson, Sean McDermott, and Matt Nagy. That’s a pretty extensive list of coaches. 

John DeFilippio is another dark horse candidate.  

7 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not too keen on college OCs. Bringing in Lincoln Riley would mean that Ryan is gone. His system needs a mobile QB. On the plus side, we’re in the hunt for Tua. And bringing him in would mean an instant connection between him and Ridley. 

I like Eric Bieniemy, he’s my front runner right now. He’s a Reid disciple and he’s been able to scheme brilliantly. Reid’s coaching tree consists of Brad Childress, John Harbaugh, Steve Spagnuolo, Leslie Frazier, Ron Rivera, Pat Shurmer, Todd Bowles, Doug Pederson, Sean McDermott, and Matt Nagy. That’s a pretty extensive list of coaches. 

John DeFilippio is another dark horse candidate.  

I want bieniemy too. Whoever the new coach is. They need to fix or gut the defense. And get a d coordinator who is aggressive in creating tos

11 hours ago, birdsincebirth said:

Uhm didn’t we have Shanny as an offensive mind? Doesn’t necessarily have to be an offensive minded head coach as long as they bring in a quality oc instead of a retread

The problem with NOT having your head coach as your offensive guru is you run the chance that he gets poached by another team, IE Shanny. Then we wind up right back where we are now.