Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
birdsincebirth

New head coach

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

As DC only, We need an offensive mind.  We have had too many defensive minds.  Need a change.  

Defensive coaches don't know wtf to do with our talent on offense. Our team is built to score points, not ball control. Gotta get a head coach that reflects that.

3 minutes ago, birdsincebirth said:

Would love to see Greg Williams come in as a new head coach. One thing we know for a fact, he will be aggressive on defense all the time!!!

I said this last week and people lost their mind! Greg Williams has made defense better every where he has been not in just one place like Quinn! I would like for MR Blank to look at Oklahoma's head coach as well as a replacement!

10 minutes ago, birdsincebirth said:

Would love to see Greg Williams come in as a new head coach. One thing we know for a fact, he will be aggressive on defense all the time!!!

This is the ONLY thing that would make me cheer for another team. Williams is lowlife pond scum who paid his Saints defenders ti INJURE other players.

Not to make plays.

Not to make hard hits.

No no--- he (and Sean Payton) paid players to INJURE opposing players. Hiring Gregg Williams will immediately turn me to some other team.

Edited by Roanoke Falcon

9 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

First we need a new GM... then look for the coach.. 

Best thing the Falcons could do is get a new GM now to start the rebuild going and get ready to hire a new coach.  They won't though.  They'll probably fire Quinn and then win enough games to fall out of top 10 in the draft, then make whatever coach was the interim that took them to 6-12 the new full time HC (most likely Koetter) while keeping TD on board for savy use of hair gel.

1 hour ago, usmcdirtybird said:

As DC only, We need an offensive mind.  We have had too many defensive minds.  Need a change.  

Uhm didn’t we have Shanny as an offensive mind? Doesn’t necessarily have to be an offensive minded head coach as long as they bring in a quality oc instead of a retread

1 hour ago, cwell1 said:

that does nothing. That's Payton's offense, nothing will change

It won't change for them but it would for us.  Pete Carmichael Jr. has called that offense quite a bit without Payton.  Both times he did when Payton wasn't around or couldn't was in 2012 and 2016.  Both times without a Kamara on the team.  He finished with over 400+ ypg and 28+ PPG in both seasons.   Under him calling the plays in 2016 he called the only offense to actually put up more YPG than our historic offense under Shanny on our way to the SB.  He was also 2nd in PPG right behind us in 2016 at 29.3.   He knows that offense very well in and out and can make it work and hum along just fine like Payton can and possibly even better considering everytime Payton has called it they have only avg's 25 ppg and under Carmichael they avg's 28+ both years.  Plus 2 of the 3 highest YPG since 2012  have come from Carmichael and not Payton.  

This is not me knocking on Payton he is a offensive genius and for sure makes that offense work himself but to discredit Carmichael from not only calling it extremely well but for the most part doing it better when he was given the chance wouldn't be fair to him.  After 10 years theirs no way he wouldn't be able to implement and use that offense with our weapons as well as he knows it and has called it.

1 hour ago, birdsincebirth said:

His soul is also a pool of yak pizz. I hope he gets...you know what? Being the Falcnons' HC might actually be the perfect punishment for that A-hole.

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Defensive coaches don't know wtf to do with our talent on offense. Our team is built to score points, not ball control. Gotta get a head coach that reflects that.

I agree with you.  I said I would like Gregg Williams as a DC only.  I want Pete Carmichael or Lincoln Riley

2 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

No to Gregg Williams. He’s better as a coordinator. Get me an offensive minded HC and a veteran DC. 

Our strength is on the offensive side of the ball. We need a creative mind that can get the mo

This.. Ill take Mcdaniels or mccarthy. Get a vet def coordinator. To give the defense a swagger. And draft more defensive players.

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

This is the ONLY thing that would make me cheer for another team. Williams is lowlife pond scum who paid his Saints defenders ti INJURE other players.

Not to make plays.

Not to make hard hits.

No no--- he (and Sean Payton) paid players to INJURE opposing players. Hiring Gregg Williams will immediately turn me to some other team.

What kind a **** fan are you that would turn his head back on a team because they hired a coach you dont like. Dont let the door hit you on the way out 

2 hours ago, TX Falcon said:

I said this last week and people lost their mind! Greg Williams has made defense better every where he has been not in just one place like Quinn! I would like for MR Blank to look at Oklahoma's head coach as well as a replacement!

If I can remember, wasn't the Saints defense still mostly hot garbage when Williams was there?

Sure that 2009 Saints SB defense was a turnover machine and was important to that championship run, but most of the other years under Williams they weren't good.