WornOutFalconFan

Do we draft a replacement for Ryan?

57 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

I'm not sayin MR sucks bro. He's getting old though, and he takes a beating nearly every game. He won't be great much longer. I think it wouldn't hurt to draft his replacement and let Matt groom the young man for a while.

I see what you’re saying but it would have to wait until the 4th round at the earliest, and even that’s pushing it.  We need so much defensive help that it’s not even funny.

51 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

I'm not sayin MR sucks bro. He's getting old though, and he takes a beating nearly every game. He won't be great much longer. I think it wouldn't hurt to draft his replacement and let Matt groom the young man for a while.

He is in middle of the prime. This makes no sense.

Geneaut and Ergo Proxy like this

57 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

I’m on the fence about drafting a QB this year. I feel like we have more pressing needs than a QB. We need a LG, then draft all D after that. Even UDFA, nothing but defense 

**** no! Draft ANOTHER o linemen??? Defense 1-4. 

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

I’m on the fence about drafting a QB this year. I feel like we have more pressing needs than a QB. We need a LG, then draft all D after that. Even UDFA, nothing but defense 

Wrong answer.  Draft DL 1st round,  may LG second or third round.  The rest defense.

59 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Matt can play into his 40s. He has never relied on his athleticism. We invested in the OL and don't even have Lindstrom out there yet.

Draft Defense. Get an OC head coach and a fundamentals based Defensive DC that can do his job. We back in playoffs next year if you do that properly.

Fight me.

Image result for god please no

1 hour ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

Maybe in 4 years. He’s only 34. 

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He is in middle of the prime. This makes no sense.

Most QBs, even pocket passers like Ryan, tend to fall off into their late 30s and early 40s. Ryan's 38 at the end of his contract.

He'll still be good for most of the duration of his contract. After that is a huge question mark and you better have your next guy up on board before that happens. 

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Most QBs, even pocket passers like Ryan, tend to fall off into their late 30s and early 40s. Ryan's 38 at the end of his contract.

He'll still be good for most of the duration of his contract. After that is a huge question mark and you better have your next guy up on board before that happens. 

Let’s draft to win till then. If he needs to be replaced, get a guy on rookie contract.

ChickenBiscuit and Ergo Proxy like this

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Seriously I'd wait at least 2 more seasons. 

Agreed, unless there is a smoking deal that can’t be turned down.

Geneaut likes this

32 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Image result for god please no

Why would you not like this?

Literally get a Defense and even with terrible Dirk Koetter, Matt goes off.

Imagine back in a legit WCO with a guy from NFL ranks and not Sark; as the HC and a competent DC that gets us even an average D?

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Meanwhile the Steelers are up 21-0 with an eighth string quarterback.

Cause they have a defense and an OL...and the chargers entered the season as the 2nd most overrated team in the NFL, behind the Falcons.

Just now, 1989Fan said:

Cause they have a defense...and the chargers entered the season as the 2nd most overrated team in the NFL, behind the Falcons.

Pretty much my point. It doesn't require an all-world quarterback to win a football game. And drafting Ryan's replacement next year would be absolute moronic.

1 hour ago, droopy1592 said:

Sure. Let’s draft an unproven guy and put that 1st round pick to good use. 30/36, 356 yards and 4TDs is ****. Matt needs to retire now and we spend that first round pick wisely. /s

Lmao, only thing is.. If we could have a qb do that and actually be able to afford a defense 

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Cause they have a defense and an OL...and the chargers entered the season as the 2nd most overrated team in the NFL, behind the Falcons.

Which proves my point, money spent on defense is much better than money blown on offensive ornaments 

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Pretty much my point. It doesn't require an all-world quarterback to win a football game. And drafting Ryan's replacement next year would be absolute moronic.

I agree drafting his replacement isn’t needed, that said the Steelers suck too...just the chargers are even worse. Not many teams win without a really good QB.

34 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Maybe in 4 years. He’s only 34. 

Ryan just isnt good enough to win games with the best offensive weapons you can buy him.. Money spent on a good defense will go alot further 

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Lmao, only thing is.. If we could have a qb do that and actually be able to afford a defense 

The team can easily afford a defense and have Ryan. They just have a lot of big deals, and the players on rookie deals suck.

Geneaut likes this

13 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Why would you not like this?

Literally get a Defense and even with terrible Dirk Koetter, Matt goes off.

Imagine back in a legit WCO with a guy from NFL ranks and not Sark; as the HC and a competent DC that gets us even an average D?

I'm pretty confident with current Matt Ryan, he's playing about as well as I'd expect him to on a team this bad minus the first two games. My post had  to do about him playing in his 40s. I start to feel uneasy once any QB hits 38 (because a ton of QBs fizzle out in their late 30s) and every year after 40 is like staring a ticking bomb. 

Peyton Manning looked lost at 41. Same with Favre. I think it's safe to say Denver and Minnesota probably should've started looking for a replacement before father time took their franchise QB.

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

1 hour ago, TheJudge said:

Yes, because a new QB will solve our problem of having the worst defense in the entire NFL giving up over 30 points per game.  If you think Matt Ryan is the problem, you are dumber than a bag of hammers and you should politely STFU!!

my god even suggesting maybe you know game his replacement gets people all mad. 

WornOutFalconFan likes this

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

I see what you’re saying but it would have to wait until the 4th round at the earliest, and even that’s pushing it.  We need so much defensive help that it’s not even funny.

Better use FA for defense. TD sucks at drafting lineman and edge rushers. THank goodness he noticed Grady when scouting Beasley. lol

Edited by zekeyboy1