Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
southernbird

Dirk Koetter is the least of our problems.

59 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, southernbird said:

Koetter is a good OC. He is light years better than Sark. He is scheming players open and getting the ball out if Ryan's hands quickly. 

Fire Quinn and put Koetter as interim. FIre Dimitroff as well.

Bull -****z 

4LoveoftheGame likes this

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

**** no to all of this.

6 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

F*** no he is as vanilla as they come. We need fresh blood in and out fire everyone.

Matt has not played this well since Shanahan was calling the plays. So if we are saying that Matt is reliant on good coaching we should give Koetter his props for what we are seeing, which is quite an improvement from Sark.

I don’t know...

This game was called better than our previous weeks, but it was the Cardinals we were playing.

We still could be clicking a bit more on offense for the most part.

After DQ is gone, maybe he’ll have the rest of the season to audition for a permanent OC role.

I was thinking maybe he’d be sent packing with DQ and TD, but he may have at least bought himself a couple of weeks with this game.

But don’t be surprised if DQ, TD and DK ALL have pink slips waiting on them when the team gets back to Flowery Branch.

After this game though, I am sooo confused about what’s next.

Edited by Dungeon Family

Just now, southernbird said:

Matt has not played this well since Shanahan was calling the plays. So if we are saying that Matt is reliant on good coaching we should give Koetter his props for what we are seeing, which is quite an improvement from Sark.

Matt played well in 2018. I think he was actually a little worse than his stats indicate in 2018 as he lead the league in garbage time, but overall he was good. Certainly better than most and good enough to win.

I just flat-out don't like Koetters scheme and never have. And I also want the new head coach to be able to bring in whoever he wants.

Just now, Dungeon Family said:

I don’t know...

This game was called better than our previous weeks, but it was the Cardinals we were playing.

We still could be clicking a bit more on offense for the most part.

After DQ is gone, maybe he’ll have the rest of the season to audition for a permanent OC role.

I was thinking maybe he’d be sent packing with DQ and TD, but he may have at least bought himself a couple of weeks with this game.

But don’t be surprised if DQ, TD and DK have pink slips waiting on them when the team gets back to Flowery Branch.

After this game though, I am sooo confused about what’s next.

Its pretty obvious what needs to happen. Fire DQ and TD. Hand over the reigns to Koetter and if he passes muster, give him the job. 

poutlipper likes this

Just now, southernbird said:

Its pretty obvious what needs to happen. Fire DQ and TD. Hand over the reigns to Koetter and if he passes muster, give him the job. 

Honestly yeah, here's his interview.

You smoking the purest of crack if you think Koetter isn’t a problem.  

Today we played the Arizona Cardinals and STRUGGLED to score points early.

And if I remember correctly, we used to have a lot of these comeback type games when he was here the first time around.

I want to go back to fast starts, having a plan, having a lead and keeping the leading.

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

You smoking the purest of crack if you think Koetter isn’t a problem.  

Today we played the Arizona Cardinals and STRUGGLED to score points early.

And if I remember correctly, we used to have a lot of these comeback type games when he was here the first time around.

I want to go back to fast starts, having a plan, having a lead and keeping the leading.

Fast starts? We scored a TD on our first possession. Doesn't get much faster than that. 

9 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Today was the first day I saw him pulling multiple plays from our Shan playbook. Seemed like we were running the wco versions of his 4 verts before. 

Also saw a lot of short passes isolating Free and running Free in and outside the tackles.

Thats a positive thing from thee offense.

1 minute ago, southernbird said:

Fast starts? We scored a TD on our first possession. Doesn't get much faster than that. 

But what did we do on the next 2 we had momentum and lost it quickly.

First time scoring first all year.Need and want too see more.

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

He struggles mightily when that first 15 runs out. Its the same show each week.

He must be hearing the run the ball instead of targeting there weakness.1st pass of the game down the side line for 20 was used a lot during the game.

Mind you in one of those punt drives penalties buried us.

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

He struggles mightily when that first 15 runs out. Its the same show each week.

But at least we adjusted before the 4th Q like last week...

It's progress and the run game showed up. Freeman showed up.

I think we can work with Dirk...but it definitely has a lot to be desired to avoid any stalled drives in the game.

NWFALCON and southernbird like this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

But at least we adjusted before the 4th Q like last week...

It's progress and the run game showed up. Freeman showed up.

I think we can work with Dirk...but it definitely has a lot to be desired to avoid any stalled drives in the game.

Yep. Something to build off of. 

Ergo Proxy likes this