g-dawg

WTF???? Obvious fumble reviewed and not overturned

92 posts in this topic

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Yup...the refs were throwing a flag regardless.

Same as on the Beasley horse collar they were going to call him for holding.....when he was getting held.

And on the first drive of the 2nd half where oliver was called for holding...........the receiver pushed off.

All true. Not sure how they could be incidentally that bad... I’m definitely not a “the game was fixed” guy but I don’t know how they’re that bad. 

was it me or was Oliver not as bad once we went man in the second half?

VTCrunkler and Peteshweddy like this

This is the hardest loss I've had to swallow in a while. We played poorly in the first half but we did what we had to do to get back in the game and having a missed PAT and 3 bad key calls (two of which were reviewed!) go in the favor of the other team ultimately cost us... 

falconsd56 likes this

3 hours ago, Domed Outter said:

I can understand why Quinn won't challenge now. If they can't get that right then why bother challenging DPIs?

Yeah, they should just do away with Replay at this point.

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

All true. Not sure how they could be incidentally that bad... I’m definitely not a “the game was fixed” guy but I don’t know how they’re that bad. 

I think Oliver is a better man corner so that makes sense.

I am not in the "the game is fixed" camp either but this game and the Colts game were eerily similar

2 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

He got a lot better once we went into man. 

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

He got a lot better once we went into man. 

That and Sheffield playing better than Trufant got us the few stops we got in the second half. 

Haven’t had a sack in 3 games though. Sadly I thought our pass rush had turned a corner after the Eagles game. 

VTCrunkler, Peteshweddy and JDaveG like this

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

That and Sheffield playing better than Trufant got us the few stops we got in the second half. 

Haven’t had a sack in 3 games though. Sadly I thought our pass rush had turned a corner after the Eagles game. 

To be fair....we got decent pressure but Murray is fast as ****

11 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Those calls spotted the cards 10 points

Not really.  The sideline catch was an amazing catch and 50/50 debatable.  The fumble was a potentially lucky break for us, but we still allowed the long catch.   The fair catch interference was the most egregious (imo) of the three but it led to just good field position.  We still could have stopped them from scoring a TD. 

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Yeah, he is. I have little doubt that some of the sacks we didn’t get today would have been sacks against less mobile guys. 

still, the problem is we seem to only be able to win one matchup for every pass rush opportunity and you need guys coming from multiple angles to corral guys like Murray, Watson and Mariota. 

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

Sheffield was a big time improvement. 

Im just really confused about the season in general. It’s like we have every ounce of what we had ca the eagles and then quit playing. I thought the d played so well given that there was a lot of weight on the team to get the monkey off their backs vs the eagles. I was super hyped for the season if we could keep that up game on and game out. 

So a couple of our losses though have come against sneaky good teams...minny, Texans, Colts all of which have a shot at the playoffs the way things are going. 

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

And small too. I loved it when he got popped late. Forgot who. But it was good to see 

Just now, Monolith2001 said:

Not really.  The sideline catch was an amazing catch and 50/50 debatable.  The fumble was a potentially lucky break for us, but we still allowed the long catch.   The fair catch interference was the most egregious (imo) of the three but it led to just good field position.  We still could have stopped them from scoring a TD. 

Let me put it this way......they barely replayed that catch on the jumbo tron in the stadium and when they did...the did not show any decent shots of it.

The receiver knew that he did not get both feet down.

Even Card fans near me thought that he was not in...they were suprised that it was called a catch.

VTCrunkler likes this

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Sheffield was a big time improvement. 

Im just really confused about the season in general. It’s like we have every ounce of what we had ca the eagles and then quit playing. I thought the d played so well given that there was a lot of weight on the team to get the monkey off their backs vs the eagles. I was super hyped for the season if we could keep that up game on and game out. 

So a couple of our losses though have come against sneaky good teams...minny, Texans, Colts all of which have a shot at the playoffs the way things are going. 

Same bro. I thought as solid as the defense looked versus Philly that we may actually field a very formidable group for the season, once Ryan settled into the playbook and quit giving the ball away. 

That game is another reason why it’s hard for me to pin it all on Quinn because we OBVIOUSLY came ready to play in one of the most physical performances by a defense of the year. 

4 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Same bro. I thought as solid as the defense looked versus Philly that we may actually field a very formidable group for the season, once Ryan settled into the playbook and quit giving the ball away. 

That game is another reason why it’s hard for me to pin it all on Quinn because we OBVIOUSLY came ready to play in one of the most physical performances by a defense of the year. 

Do you remember how hard we (and them) were smacking each other around the field?  That was as fast and physical as I have seen this DQ defense in a long time maybe ever. 

We were very much prepared. I dare say it but we’re we looking past Minny?

Do you remember how hard we (and them) were smacking each other around the field?  That was as fast and physical as I have seen this DQ defense in a long time maybe ever. 

We were very much prepared. I dare say it but we’re we looking past Minny?

Yes. The Eagles game convinced me that they were no joke on defense. They’ve spent the last 4 weeks proving otherwise. Outside of seeing promise in Sheffield, I’m impressed by 1 guy on defense and that’s Grady. I’m so pissed off at Trufant, Deion Jones and “Rico” I can’t stand it. 

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Yes. The Eagles game convinced me that they were no joke on defense. They’ve spent the last 4 weeks proving otherwise. Outside of seeing promise in Sheffield, I’m impressed by 1 guy on defense and that’s Grady. I’m so pissed off at Trufant, Deion Jones and “Rico” I can’t stand it. 

That’s what’s got me and others scratching their heads. So good vs Eagles vs the last four. What I don’t get is why not go to more of the backups and why not rotate more on the d line?  

I mean at least Matt isn’t getting sacked as bad as last year.  

The phony fair catch interference that would have given us the ball with great field position was as egregious as it gets, but wait, there was the game clinching “ first down run” that was clearly not a first down.  At what point do we admit that it is cheating? Clear video evidence shows the ball never reached the yardage necessary to gain the first down.  Don’t get me wrong, our defense is hot garbage, but it is pretty obvious we get hosed week in and week out by the refs.

Edited by Peteshweddy
Delete

29 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

That’s what’s got me and others scratching their heads. So good vs Eagles vs the last four. What I don’t get is why not go to more of the backups and why not rotate more on the d line?  

I mean at least Matt isn’t getting sacked as bad as last year.  

The o line hasn’t been great by any means but it’s definitely better than last year. Problem is we have played behind so much that opposing d’s get to tee off knowing we have to pass. 

6 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

The o line hasn’t been great by any means but it’s definitely better than last year. Problem is we have played behind so much that opposing d’s get to tee off knowing we have to pass. 

i just dont get the complete 180 weve done since the eagles.  to be fair we have overcome some key injuries pretty well.  Campbell has regressed too, disappointing...

i just dont get the complete 180 weve done since the eagles.  to be fair we have overcome some key injuries pretty well.  Campbell has regressed too, disappointing...

I don’t either man. I really don’t. Maybe that’s why DQ looks so deflated during pressers... he’s searching for answers too. 

Campbell has gone from a decent cover backer that’s a decent tackler to somebody that would be special teams only on most teams. Dude’s head isn’t in it like a lot of other guys. 

Im really disappointed in Deion Jones. Buddy has not been good this year. At. All

2 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I don’t either man. I really don’t. Maybe that’s why DQ looks so deflated during pressers... he’s searching for answers too. 

Campbell has gone from a decent cover backer that’s a decent tackler to somebody that would be special teams only on most teams. Dude’s head isn’t in it like a lot of other guys. 

Im really disappointed in Deion Jones. Buddy has not been good this year. At. All

Hes been fast tho...compared to tru...and hes a willing tackler.  but yeah, hes been down too...injury related?  

6 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

The players seem to have quit.  The looked lost before the Eagles game and then look disengaged after.

Can't really blame injuries as all teams have them.