Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
usmcdirtybird

TYLER SIMMONS

21 posts in this topic

First off, I am not writing the "I HATE TYLER SIMMONS" thread

Come to find out from CKS that Tyler has a shoulder injury that makes it hard for him to lift his arms over his head.  I am not saying that is the reason.  A WR needs to be able to lift their arms over your shoulder.  If they cannot do that then you get the result of yesterday and the muffed punt.  If he is injured then he either needs to sit or stick him on ST, period.  He is a Senior, got it.  CKS stated the best will play and he is not our top 3 receivers.  He might be #6 or #7.  

Bottom line: Tyler Simmons is a liability and needs to be demoted.  Cager is hurt but producing.  Simmons is hurt and he is aa liability.  Thoughts 

sdogg, 95Dawg, Ovie_Lover and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Carter said:

Simmons is hurt, DRob is hurt, Cager is hurt, Jackson is hurt, Landers is very inconsistent, Pickens and Blaylock are freshmen and play like it.

WR isn’t exactly a strength on our team.

You the correct.  Kirby can't help injuries. However 2 points here: (1) Kirbys been here long enough that if wr isnt solid its on him. Recruit em and/or coach  em up. (2) SC played the end of the game with a 3rd string  qb. U gotta perform, everyone has injuries.

95Dawg, Carter and BamaBirdLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

You the correct.  Kirby can't help injuries. However 2 points here: (1) Kirbys been here long enough that if wr isnt solid its on him. Recruit em and/or coach  em up. (2) SC played the end of the game with a 3rd string  qb. U gotta perform, everyone has injuries.

Definitely agree. Our entire WR corps is banged up but offensive scheme, coaching and play calling are the primary issues imo. Coley has been the WR coach and now he is the OC so that's laying right at his feet. Kirby as the head coach is of course ultimately responsible. Need to see some serious improvement or this will be a season that gets washed out quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carter said:

Simmons is hurt, DRob is hurt, Cager is hurt, Jackson is hurt, Landers is very inconsistent, Pickens and Blaylock are freshmen and play like it.

WR isn’t exactly a strength on our team.

Carter, I love you and your thoughts.  We are banged up but a WR has to be able to lift their arm.  If Simmons cannot do that then he is useless and hurts us more than anything.     

Carter, 95Dawg and BamaBirdLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carter said:

Definitely agree. Our entire WR corps is banged up but offensive scheme, coaching and play calling are the primary issues imo. Coley has been the WR coach and now he is the OC so that's laying right at his feet. Kirby as the head coach is of course ultimately responsible. Need to see some serious improvement or this will be a season that gets washed out quickly.

Without  improvement  are we bold enough  to make a move on another OC this offseason. And is it even wise? Changing coordinators is difficult for continuity and recruiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Simmons couldn’t lift his arms and the coaches put him in that important play then it’s totally on the coaches. 

Kirby and our O coaches performed the worst. Followed by OL and Fromm. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem 100% is coaching, we are banged up but still have depth and talent, a lot of it! We have a defensive minded coach but can’t effect a qb, secondary is avg, and the offense- scheme game plan adjustments is well below avg- we are riding on talent alone, Kirby gotta change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the way it sounds, I don't think Simmons needs to be playing on pass plays, but that creates another issue (and we're not even bouncing runs outside lately). You'll start telegraphing what the play is. 

Cager and Pickens need to be the outside WRs when we're in our base offense but we're kinda outta luck if Cager can't go later this week. It'll still be Simmons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

From the way it sounds, I don't think Simmons needs to be playing on pass plays, but that creates another issue (and we're not even bouncing runs outside lately). You'll start telegraphing what the play is. 

Cager and Pickens need to be the outside WRs when we're in our base offense but we're kinda outta luck if Cager can't go later this week. It'll still be Simmons.

The top six should be Cager, Pickens, DRob, K Jackson, Blaylock and finally Landers.  Simmons does not need to be in the rotation.  If we get way up then he can come in but bot when the game is on the line.  Landers is on thin ice an can be replaced with Wolf.    

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 95Dawg said:

With the injuries I’d sub Wolf and Cook

My tv almost was  the recipient of a well thrown remote control, when Wolf let that 3rd down pass go right through his hands.

Cook needs to play in space more.  Where is the toss sweep?

We need more timing routes if these guys can’t separate.

95Dawg, Ovie_Lover and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

My tv almost was  the recipient of a well thrown remote control, when Wolf let that 3rd down pass go right through his hands.

Cook needs to play in space more.  Where is the toss sweep?

We need more timing routes if these guys can’t separate.

That’s been one of my issues too

95Dawg and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0