Spts1

" Teams know how to attack that dated Seattle defense ", Boomer Esiason

109 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Spts1 said:

James Brown asked the NFL Today crew " whats wrong with the Falcons? "  Boomer immediately said that teams know how to attack Quinn's dated defense...:(     Phil Simms said the Cardinals are gonna beat the Falcons today...

I'm a Falcon fan & I picked Arizona to win in my pool. This defense is the perfect defense to put points up against especially with a QB that can leave the pocket and run!

Spts1 likes this

DQ'S biggest problem is he refuses to change and he's trying to live in the past. 2016 is gone, we had it we blew it! What Seattle used to do doesn't work for the present day Falcons. Why can't he see it? He wrongly tried to make Sark and MM someone else. Why won't he see it. Shanny is having a good time in SF and ain't studying us. Or maybe TD and DQ don't know or have the strength to change it.

Flying Falcon likes this

On 10/13/2019 at 2:53 PM, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

^^^^^^^
Not disputing one word.

John Lynch didn’t settle for adding Dee Ford this off season. He went and grabbed Bosa at #2, and this is after drafting Solomon Thomas and inheriting Arik Armstead and Deforest Buckner. 

When’s the last time this organization double and triple dipped like that?

Being fair, we drafted Beasley and Takk, both 1st rounders, inside of 3 years. We got Clay and Freeney in FA. It isn’t like they’ve ignored the problem. 

Grady was a 5th round steal. The problem is our two young 1st rounders either cannot or will not play. 

On 10/13/2019 at 2:03 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Tell it to KS and SAN Fran there using an exact form of a cover 3.I wonder if that applies to them aswell.

"Tank-Talent" on the D-Line.. 4-5 top 1st round picks...

NFL Pre-Game shows on TV Networks kissing their @$$es already because of the legacy of The 49ers of the 1980s..

The offenses in that division are not dynamic, and Shanahan's offense carried The Falcons to the Super Bowl in 2016.

His Falcon offense blew-out most opponents early, had phenomenonal time-of-possession late in that season.

Edited by Rise

If that's a dated version i'd love to see what a new version looks like. I watched 2 highlights from Sundays game where there was literally no defender within 30 yards of whoever had the ball. That's ridiculous and pathetic. Those 2 highlights were all I needed to see. 

15 minutes ago, Rise said:

"Tank-Talent" on the D-Line.. 4-5 top 101st round picks...

NFL Pre-Game shows on TV Networks kissing their @$$es already because of the legacy of The 49ers of the 1980s..

The offenses in that division are not dynamic, and Shanahan's offense carried The Falcons to the Super Bowl in 2016.

His Falcon offense blew-out most opponents early, had phenomenonal time-of-possession late in that season.

Whats funny and sad at the same time to me is Shanny and LeFleur were both here, we could have given inexperienced Lefleur an opportunity over inexperienced Sark, and both 49ers and GB are doing very well with the coaching staff and defenses they put together....yet here we are with a coaches room of ex-head coaches.

16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If that's a dated version i'd love to see what a new version looks like. I watched 2 highlights from Sundays game where there was literally no defender within 30 yards of whoever had the ball. That's ridiculous and pathetic. Those 2 highlights were all I needed to see. 

The entire game was like that.

GhostofGritz and ya_boi_j like this

22 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

smh

Some of the receivers had 14 yard separation average for the whole game, when running the routes. Most Receivers have 1-2 yard separation for the game. 
They are treating opposing Receivers as brothers.

Flying Falcon and ya_boi_j like this

On 10/13/2019 at 1:30 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

5 sacks in 5 games. Panthers had what...8 today?

Even if we were running the defense properly, the lack of pass rush is a guilty verdict on why it’s not working.

Unfortunately, coverages have been terrible as well.

Boomer is just getting ratings.

That's what you get when you double down $13MM on a guy who's had 5 sacks or less in 75% of his seasons played. 

Geneaut, Ergo Proxy, JDaveG and 1 other like this

17 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Some of the receivers had 14 yard separation average for the whole game, when running the routes. Most Receivers have 1-2 yard separation for the game. 
They are treating opposing Receivers as brothers.

#brotherhood. 

42 minutes ago, vel said:

That's what you get when you double down $13MM on a guy who's had 5 sacks or less in 75% of his seasons played. 

We could’ve had a number of veterans on a one or two year deal at only half the cost at most!

Quinn is literally going down on that first draft pick.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We could’ve had a number of veterans on a one or two year deal at only half the cost at most!

Quinn is literally going down on that first draft pick.

Stupid. He made all these scheme tweaks to force him to produce instead of taking the pick and cap space and he's getting fired for it. Rightfully so. We all saw this coming with Vic. 

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

Being fair, we drafted Beasley and Takk, both 1st rounders, inside of 3 years. We got Clay and Freeney in FA. It isn’t like they’ve ignored the problem. 

Grady was a 5th round steal. The problem is our two young 1st rounders either cannot or will not play. 

We haven’t ignored the problem but we haven’t attacked it with the ferocity I thought we would either. We scoop up Freeney, which was a big get but then we let him walk the next year when he had some football left, when Clay got healthy.

Clay has a productive year in ‘17 then we let him go to the Patriots. We bring in Irvin then let him walk.

We seem to be content with letting Takk and Beasley be the focal point of our pass rush, with a supplementary veteran in the mix when neither one of those guys have shown they can do that with consistency. I’m sitting here thinking about what we could have done in ‘17 if we had doubled down and had Freeney and Clay rushing with each other. 

We’ve never looked to stack the deck on the edge and build a true rotation.

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

We haven’t ignored the problem but we haven’t attacked it with the ferocity I thought we would either. We scoop up Freeney, which was a big get but then we let him walk the next year when he had some football left, when Clay got healthy.

Clay has a productive year in ‘17 then we let him go to the Patriots. We bring in Irvin then let him walk.

We seem to be content with letting Takk and Beasley be the focal point of our pass rush, with a supplementary veteran in the mix when neither one of those guys have shown they can do that with consistency. I’m sitting here thinking about what we could have done in ‘17 if we had doubled down and had Freeney and Clay rushing with each other. 

All of that and having to survive the adjustment to Sark year one. 

We could have easily been repeat champions if things went our way...

1 hour ago, vel said:

Keeping Vic was one of the player decisions over the off-season that troubled me the most. I tried to kool-aid it but it just doesn't work.

Nice guy, but he doesn't need to be on the field much. Time to see what another DE can do.

JDaveG, vel and Refried Beans like this

21 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I don't disagree.  I suppose my point is, why are we burning an 8th overall and a 26th overall pick on pass rushers if we can't rely on them?  My answer is, we're not picking the right guys.  Maybe the right guys weren't there those years, but it's the job of the scouting department to know that and act accordingly.  Other teams manage to find pass rushers in the draft.  We passed on some good pass rushers to take Jake Matthews in 2014.  Jake is a solid piece, but he arguably cost us a Super Bowl (at least if we're going to pass around blame equally, since people blame Shanahan and Freeman to this day).  Granted, there weren't a lot of great o-linemen in the 2015 draft either, but the point is, we seem to be taking guys because we need them instead of because they're the best choice.  That's Dimitroff's drafting philosophy and it's one I've always hated.

But maybe I'm wrong.  If I am, the alternative is we are picking the right guys and Quinn isn't capable of coaching them to perform.  But that's the same thing we said about Mike Smith, and what did Quinn do when he got here?  He got rid of a WHOLE lot of Mike Smith players.  We are still churning that roster.  So it seems to me we didn't have the right guys then either.  And my premise is we won't until Dimitroff goes too.

That's not an argument to keep Quinn, and I'm not arguing that.  I'm just saying, as I've been saying, he ain't the only issue.  A decent coach can get production out of good players.  A great coach can get production out of so-so players.  Maybe we have a decent coach and a bunch of so-so players.  That seems to be what I'm seeing, so that's why I keep harping on the talent.  As I see it "why aren't we going after a bunch of FAs help to supplement our two first rounders" is only really a big problem if the two first rounders are playing like 3rd or 4th rounders.

If they were hurt I'd feel differently.  But they aren't.  They just aren't performing.

3 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Keeping Vic was one of the player decisions over the off-season that troubled me the most. I tried to kool-aid it but it just doesn't work.

Nice guy, but he doesn't need to be on the field much. Time to see what another DE can do.

Screw that, I wasn't going to attempt to kool aid it lol. Thought 2016 was a fluke, still feel that way. I thought a scheme change would suit him but clearly he needs others to be dominant in order for him to have success. He has brought nothing to the team expect an afro that should have been left in the 80's. 

Geneaut likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Screw that, I wasn't going to attempt to kool aid it. Thought 2016 was a fluke, still feel that way. I thought a scheme change would suit him but clearly he needs others to be dominant in order for him to have success. He has brought nothing to the team expect an afro that should have been left in the 80's. 

You look at things with a clearer vision than I do. I have these rose colored glasses that keep distorting crap. :)

Like I said it troubled me but I tried to brush it off. I keep seeing 2016 highlights in my head. I need to flush that into the garbage. Lesson learned.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

There was no way to explain that move other than pride. That was DQ's first pick, he was an All Pro, and they believed they could make Vic do something he wasn't doing. People kept trying to point to him "playing out of position as a LB" but ignored his complete ineptitude on third downs when he was rushing the passer. They kept trying to point to his "improved play" when Irvin joined the team, yet ignored that it makes no sense to pay one player $13MM if he truly needs his hand held by a vet to perform. The writing on the wall was there with Vic. You even saw his lack of working out this summer. No, it's not his job to broadcast his workouts, but an NFL player hosting a basketball tournament while simultaneously skipping OTAs in an offseason you said he'd either hate you or love you. Come on. Arrogance and pride. I said it all offseason, you can't change a man and force him to want to do something he doesn't want to do. 

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

We passed on some good pass rushers to take Jake Matthews in 2014.  Jake is a solid piece, but he arguably cost us a Super Bowl (at least if we're going to pass around blame equally, since people blame Shanahan and Freeman to this day).  Granted, there weren't a lot of great o-linemen in the 2015 draft either, but the point is, we seem to be taking guys because we need them instead of because they're the best choice.  

I can't agree here. I'm fine with the other comments, but since 2014, there have been very few LTs drafted better than him. Taking Jake was the right move and will always be the right move. 

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

You look at things with a clearer vision than I do. I have these rose colored glasses that keep distorting crap. :)

Like I said it troubled me but I tried to brush it off. I keep seeing 2016 highlights in my head. I need to flush that into the garbage. Lesson learned.

I'm gonna let you check out the extra set of bi-focals I have at the house. You keep seeing 2016, I see that pic of him standing in the tunnel everytime I see him :lol:

Geneaut likes this

2 minutes ago, vel said:

There was no way to explain that move other than pride. That was DQ's first pick, he was an All Pro, and they believed they could make Vic do something he wasn't doing. People kept trying to point to him "playing out of position as a LB" but ignored his complete ineptitude on third downs when he was rushing the passer. They kept trying to point to his "improved play" when Irvin joined the team, yet ignored that it makes no sense to pay one player $13MM if he truly needs his hand held by a vet to perform. The writing on the wall was there with Vic. You even saw his lack of working out this summer. No, it's not his job to broadcast his workouts, but an NFL player hosting a basketball tournament while simultaneously skipping OTAs in an offseason you said he'd either hate you or love you. Come on. Arrogance and pride. I said it all offseason, you can't change a man and force him to want to do something he doesn't want to do. 

Yep. I'll applaud him for his civic work for kids, but I don't want to see him on the team any longer. 

vel likes this