Spts1

" Teams know how to attack that dated Seattle defense ", Boomer Esiason

109 posts in this topic

James Brown asked the NFL Today crew " whats wrong with the Falcons? "  Boomer immediately said that teams know how to attack Quinn's dated defense...:(     Phil Simms said the Cardinals are gonna beat the Falcons today...

Edited by Spts1

tbh i want to see what would happen if we just mainly played man today if we get torched then so be it i rather get torched playing man then soft a$$ zone with no pressure getting picked apart but thats just me

19 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell it to KS and SAN Fran there using an exact form of a cover 3.I wonder if that applies to them aswell.

8 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Throw in the Jags and Chargers, too.

And all three of those teams have something the Falcons don't, a good pass rush.

For what ever reason our defense looks confused and soft. Quinn has to fix this or he's history. The only game we looked half way decent was Philadelphia and we have regressed. 

14 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How bout we get a game where our guys stick to doing there jobs and then   Maybe a better judgement on how dated this defense is and how easy it is to stop.

Just get us playing like we did against Philly and I’d be more than happy about how the defense looks.Thats DQ and cos challenge.

The Falcons looked like they had a lot of potential that game. D line played very well.

kiwifalcon likes this

21 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Then we’re talking players then, not scheme.

Quite possibly true. But that points to HC as well, who has final say over personnel. 

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Exactly

Need a bonafide pass rusher

Or two... or six.... but right now, I’d settle for one. :D

Grady’s the only one putting out right now and it’s too easy to neutralize an interior rusher if the guys on the edge aren’t doing their part.

8 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

But that points to HC as well, who has final say over personnel. 

^^^^^^^
Not disputing one word.

John Lynch didn’t settle for adding Dee Ford this off season. He went and grabbed Bosa at #2, and this is after drafting Solomon Thomas and inheriting Arik Armstead and Deforest Buckner. 

When’s the last time this organization double and triple dipped like that?

36 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Then we’re talking players then, not scheme.

I believe its both.  He had better players in Seattle AND offensive coordinators know how to attack it.  Quinn said that himself when he went and looked at film from the last few seasons...( offenses caught up)...

40 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

And all three of those teams have something the Falcons don't, a good pass rush.

So like my above said that’s on our coaches to formulate a better plan to free these guys up.

We have shown against Philly our guys can effect the passer the key to this obviously consistency.

Cover 3s cover 3 I’ll start with everyone doing there jobs and we should see improvement.

JDaveG and DawnOfThemBirds like this

23 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

^^^^^^^
Not disputing one word.

John Lynch didn’t settle for adding Dee Ford this off season. He went and grabbed Bosa at #2, and this is after drafting Solomon Thomas and inheriting Arik Armstead and Deforest Buckner. 

When’s the last time this organization double and triple dipped like that?

This year on the other side of the ball.

52 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How bout we get a game where our guys stick to doing there jobs and then   Maybe a better judgement on how dated this defense is and how easy it is to stop.

Just get us playing like we did against Philly and I’d be more than happy about how the defense looks.Thats DQ and cos challenge.

We didn't play that great against Philly, They were missing their #1,#2 Wr and their #2 TE and still almost lost.

Just now, Spts1 said:

I believe its both.  He had better players in Seattle AND offensive coordinators know how to attack it.  Quinn said that himself when he went and looked at film from the last few seasons...( offenses caught up)...

Cover-3 is literally almost as old as football. Cover-3 is played at every level of football. It is literally the first coverage installed at OTAs. There is not a single team in the NFL that doesn’t run a heavy dose of it. It’s still the predominant zone coverage call around the NFL.

So how in 2019 are teams just now understanding how to attack it?